Welcome to Advanced setups

Dive into complex and advanced topics here.

1667 Topics

Dead Play:5, need schematics or tips

Hi Play:5, manufacturing date sometime around 2009, is completely dead. No light in LED. Found several cases of this online, but no solutions. Does anyone have any knowledge about the problem, og...

DIY Repair your SONOS devices! YES WE CAN!

Greetings, I recently picked up a mint Sonos bundle, ZP100, bridge unit & controller for $35 at a salvation army surplus store. YES! What a greet deal your thinking, after testing at home, the only t...

IPv6 support

Hi Sonos. Its 23.04.2018. IPv6 is everywhere, except on Sonos. Please enable IPv6 as soon as possible. Thanks.

setting up Play 5's for surround.

I have Next Gen Play 5's that I was using for surrounds and suddenly the LS, or left surround stopped working. I cannot set them, up again. Starting with the LS I always get a message that an error in...

Connect:Amps - daisy chain via Ethernet, or dedicated connections for each?
Answered

My current set up has 7 Connect:Amps, a couple of trusty ZP100's, and a couple of S1s, a 3 and a 5. All of the Amps are in the network closet, and lately Sonos hasn't been super reliable. We do have...

2 bathrooms, 1 ceiling speaker in each, 1 sonos connect amp
Answered

Looking to add sonos to 2 small bathrooms and have heard about single point stereo speakers. Can I run 2 of these with a Sonos connect amp? Can’t find much info online, or choice/reviews of speakers,...

Play 5's(2nd Gen) re-setup for rears for 5.1 with the same Playbar+sub and the same router setup as originally in base setup mode
Question

Play 5's(2nd gen) re-setup as surrounds for 5.1 Dolby Digital with all the original setup equipment and starting as instructed with LS(left surround) it never gets recognized to proceed to RS and comp...

Using Mesh but experiencing drop outs - should I hardwire the Sonos ?
Question

I have a flat with concrete walls that Wi-Fi and other wireless signals cannot penetrate. The Play 3 in my bedroom (farthest from my router) keep dropping out. How do I understand what’s happening....

Can I run Sonos on two different wifi routers? HELP!
Answered

Hi, I have a playbar, 2 x play 1's and a connect/ turntable set up in my house which works fine. I have recently built a gym at the bottom of the garden and would like to set up a new Play 1 but I'm...

Sonos WiFi to wired with UNIFI
Answered

Hi all, A client of mine has multiple Sonos speakers throughout his house all connected with AMP's to a main amplifier. The AMP's where all connected through WiFi. A problem occurs after listening t...

Working with Linksys Velop
Question

I recently moved to a new, larger home and started from scratch. I purchased the 3-node Linksys Velop system for Wifi coverage and have 5 Sonos units. I have seemingly very good Wifi coverage with a...

Two Sonos Systems on One Network
Answered

I've been out of the picture for a bit and sudenly find myself struggling to achieve something that I previously had no difficulty with: 2 sonos setups on one network, with no funny stuff like separat...

Strong Wifi Limited Internet

Hi we have the below set up and I am trying to ascertain how i can play music on the Sonos eco system without using substantial data because of the remote location and lack of reliable connectivity....

Ceiling wired speakers connectd to CONNECT:AMP connects to multiple rooms - want a sub for each room

My home was pre-wired for multiple room sound of the same wiring bundle. i have a CONNECT:AMP running both my bedroom and my living room. I have had a sub in the bedroom now for 3+ years and decided...

best configuration for ZP100 with bookshelf speakers + third party sub ?

I've been enjoying the sound from my ZP100 driving a pair of Boston Acoustics CR7's, but have been thinking of adding a (smallish) sub to fill out the bottom end. What's the best way to hook these up...

Connect Sonos from office to home via VPN

Has anyone connected their Sonos system from an office location to their home? I'd like to know what I need to check to ensure that things work. I have a VPN connection between the office and the hom...

M3u8 playback error
Answered

Hello - I randomly get this message (see attached) that I think is stemming from my SiriusXM stream. Anyone else get this..? Any ideas how to clear it? It just keeps prompting the error over and o...

Setting up Sonos on different subnets or VLANs

You might find this handy, if you have a linux box that handles connectivity between subnets... https://github.com/alsmith/ssdp-relay This relays the multicast SSDP packets that the app uses to loca...

Setup Sonos on an Exisitng School Network

We just upgraded our sound system in our multipurpose area (gym). I would like to configure it in the following manner. Since the Sonos has 2 network interfaces on the rear, I would like interface 1 t...

Brand new setup
Answered

I purchased a Playbar, a Sub and two Play1s. I have a wifi with extenders. During setup, when it asked which wifi, I accidentally choose the extenders and got the message my system could not be set up...

Ubiquiti Toughswitch not working with Sonos

I wanted to document an issue I discovered with Ubiquiti Toughswitches and Sonos that appears to be a Ubiquiti bug that as of April 2018 has not been fixed by Ubiquiti. I've been fighting this issue...

Digital Line In Modification

Has anyone ever come across an after-market modification of a Sonos Connect which allows for a 'digital line-in'? I want to play uncompressed audio from external digital sources on Sonos. I am aware o...

Yet Another pfSense+Unifi+Sonos troubleshooting thread
Answered

I'm looking for a little advanced help on getting my Sonos speakers to work on a weird network configuration. I have a pfSense gateway, which runs my unifi wifi controller software on top. My wifi i...

Playbar compression SBC FLAC
Answered

Do we know whether the Playbar is streaming its input uncompressed? If I connect an analogue source to a Connect, and have that music streamed uncompressed to, for example, a Play 1, then I can see...

Connecting Large speakers
Answered

Hey Sonos Community! I have 6 + Sonos Play 3's in my restaurant and have two 12" DJ speakers I used to use when Dj'ing and was wondering if there is any way to hook these up to the other Sonos speake...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online