Welcome to Advanced setups

Dive into complex and advanced Sonos topics here. Got a cool Sonos 'hack' to share?

1955 Topics

TP-Link unmanaged switch between computer, router and Sonos speaker

I recently added a TP-Link TL-SG1008 unmanged switch to my network. Though I can still connect to my Sonos speaker from a wireless device connected to the same wifi network, I have lost connection t...

Musicbox vs Sonos
Question

I'm using Musicbox on my MacBook Pro. Can I (pre)listen to the music via Musicbox trough my Sonos speakers? Is there an App for that or other settings?

seeking advice on setting up 10TB (on iTunes?) and controlling from my Sonos phone app

I have 10TB to put on an external drive connected to a mac. I'd like to make sure I can access and play this across my 6 Sonos systems from the Sonos app on my iphone. Is this a good approach or is...

Turntable to connect to bluetooth transmitter to headphones
Answered

I have a turntable attached to a preamp, which is attached to a Sonos Connect. It works fine and I can listen to records through Sonos play1s.. but at night when the family is asleep I'd like to liste...

Sonos Amp sub output brightens stereo channels unnecessarily

I just bought the new Sonos Amp and I love it. It makes my Mangepan MMGi's sound much better than my previous receiver. I have a pretty decent Yamaha subwoofer connected to the sub out on the Amp. I...

Sonos AMP Trueplay?
Answered

Do we know yet whether the new Sonos AMP supports Trueplay?

I modified my Play:1 for Power Over Ethernet

I've seen a few posts with people asking about a PoE version of the Play:1, so I decided to make one. The Sonos Play:1 only has an AC input, and internally the main supply is 24 volts DC. Standard 80...

Using a Sonos One in 2 locations.
Answered

Hi, I have a system in Canada (2 Ones, a playbar, a sub and a One for patio.) When I go to Florida, I will take the Sonos One used on patio with me. What steps do I take to easily get it working on my...

Custom EQ settings which can be saved

Hi, I have seen a couple other posts about this but I wanted to also request that Sonos creates an option for us to save multiple customized EQ settings . Every time I switch between listening to mu...

Repair ZP120

The amp has no power. Is there an internal fuse for this unit? Has anyone taken one apart?

SONOS on segregated VLAN (IoT) and APP on another (AGAIN)
Answered

Have a Sonos Connect AMP, and I love the quality of sound it generates with my own speakers, and now thinking of expanding system. I recently purchased it, and now Sonos AMP is out, so I feel a bit u...

New Sonos Amp and Volume Control

I have a Sony TV which will be located in one room and I would like to use a new Sonos Amp which will reside in a closet in another room. I would like to use an optical cable instead of ARC. Can I use...

Sonos AMP cross VLAN AirPlay
Answered

I'm having an issue with my new Sonos AMPs and AirPlay working across VLANs. This setup is in a corporate environment. The Sonos lives on it's own subnet (VLAN 10), and guests connect to another (VL...

2.1 setup with sonos amp , sub and my passive speakers
Answered

Can the sonos amp power my Dynaudio passive speakers and let me use a sonos wireless sub ?

How do I save music source settings for remote deployment to aged care homes?

The community radio station I volunteer at is looking at Sonos as a way of deploying our silver memories music service to aged care homes. The idea is that the Sonos device is configured and tested in...

Volume control Sonos Playbar through Samsung One Remote
Answered

Does anyone know how to connect the Samsung One Remote control to the Sonos Playbar so that I can control the volume of the playbar? I tried various ways but can’t get it to work.... I read the the pl...

Sonos boost mesh network

I am a bit confused, i have a boost and all my sonos devices are wireless connected to it via sonosnet. In some mesh systems like velop you can wire some extra components and the cable is used as a “b...

Works with Sonos: AVR Not Finding Sonos Connect

I have a Onkyo TX NR787 AVR that supports the "Works with Sonos" feature. Part of the setup process involves attaching the AVR to your network and letting it search for your Sonos components. Howeve...

Two Sonos One Speakers behind a DSL Router, Zyxel Firewall and Wireless AP: iOS Sonos App cant connect to Sonos Account

Hi there I had my Sonos One speakers installed and working until I had to integrate some HW to my network (home and office combined): After installing a Zyxel 2S Firewall (with VPN site-to-site functi...

SUB Impact on its paired speakers
Answered

Does adding a SUB to a room modify the frequency response of the speakers it is paired with? Note: Android user no Trueplay capability.

Product suggestion - Mini VA's

I had some random thoughts this morning about recently added features to Sonos as well as some other commonly requested products or features. I wondering if combining some of these could come up with...

Using wifi mode with multiple APs

I have two Ubiquiti APs and want to add a third, problem is that sonosnet is using one of the 2.4 channels and i want to use it for the third AP. Tried moving my SONOS speakers to the APs from their...

Android controller music sharing
Answered

On a desktop you can add your music then play on any controller as long as the computer is powered up and connected. Can i do the same on an android but access it's library from another android/iPad c...

ZP100 not booting

Hi, I've recently acquired a ZP100 however it looks to be stuck in the boot process with a single white light flashing endlessly. It doesn't appear responsive to holding the mute button on bootup. O...

Setting Up to Play TV Audio Using Ethernet Cable to Connect: Amp

I have set-up a Sonos Connect: Amp to play music through four wired ceiling speakers in a room of my house. The four ceiling speakers are wired to the terminals on the back of the Connect: Amp. A 20...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings