Welcome to Advanced setups

Dive into complex and advanced Sonos topics here. Got a cool Sonos 'hack' to share?

1885 Topics

Playbar Ethernet Issue
Question

Hi, Background I've had a 5.1 setup for about 2 years, the surrounds were just swapped out for Sonos Ones a few months ago, as well as other players dotted around the house. Two of the other players...

Repair ZP120

The amp has no power. Is there an internal fuse for this unit? Has anyone taken one apart?

Free Raspberry Pi touch controller

Hi all, I recently created a free touchscreen controller for the Raspberry Pi that you can use with your own setup as a sort of dedicated, always ready, controller. Check it out if you like and let...

Sonos driven via MusicCast Preamp WXC-50
Question

Would it work to drive a pair of Play5s with Yamaha MusicCast pre-amp WXC-50?

Automatic volume of the Playbar while playing music

Hey guys, when I start listening to music on the Playbar the volume is always set to the middle of the range. This is quite loud when I start listening to a radio station. Is there any possibility of...

Blocking Sonos Connect in Firewall
Question

I've seen the numerous requests for password/access control of Sonos devices... I understand this is not a feature and likely not planned to be included. Not a big deal... However, I run the IT depar...

Connect:Amp dropped wired speaker room
Question

I set up the following system with three “rooms” that worked well for nearly a year. 1x Connect:Amp running 2x Play:1 via WiFi in “Kitchen” room 2x Play:3 + Sub via WiFi in “Living Room” room 6x old...

Connect Sonos from office to home via VPN

Has anyone connected their Sonos system from an office location to their home? I'd like to know what I need to check to ensure that things work. I have a VPN connection between the office and the hom...

Sonos stops playing
Question

I have tried many different fixes to get my Sonos system to play correctly and it seems like nothing is working. I have 3 Sonos Connect: Amps and one Sonos Connect. All 4 are in my media cabinet and h...

Sonos Network New Install

Hi Guys I've installed 15 Sonos speakers and a bridge two days ago. Two connected buildings two storey over basement, old, lots of granite walls. Bridge in comms room and a selection of speakers thro...

Hardwiring Sonos:CONNECT takes down network
Answered

I'm doing a renovation at the cottage, and added 3 Sonos:CONNECT to drive in-ceiling, porch and wall speakers. Initially I hard wired a PLAY-1 to the back of the router, and that enabled the Sonos net...

Projector connected to beam
Question

So I am trying to connect my sonos beam to my projector. However the projector only has the red,white, yellow, etc outlets and the beam has the digital optical cable. I bought the adapter but I have t...

Issues with rear sound on Play:1 with Sonos Playbar, Samsung Q7F TV and TiVo
Question

Sound from the Sonos setup on on my Samsung phone sounds amazing, full rich and as if i am centedd in the sound.....but when watching TV all the sound is coming from the Playbar. Hard to hear, and hav...

After alarm ended, resume music

I wonder if it is possible to automatically resume the music when you have set an alarm for max 1 minute on a certain time in the day, so that when the alarm automatically ended, you don't have to sta...

Adding Sonos Play 3 to existing Speakers
Answered

My existing system consists of 2 Sonos Play 1 (L&R) in a room called "Patio". I have successfully added my new Play 3 to my account, but I am having issues using it with my existing configuration. I...

Sonos connecting to Airport Extreme with Network Attached Hard Drive
Question

I have a Lacie 3T hard drive connected via usb to my Airport Extreme. The hard drive's name is "Music". There are two files on it, one with all my music and one with my wife's music, called Paul and...

Volume control Sonos Playbar through Samsung One Remote
Answered

Does anyone know how to connect the Samsung One Remote control to the Sonos Playbar so that I can control the volume of the playbar? I tried various ways but can’t get it to work.... I read the the pl...

Home network crashes every 3-6 months. Problem localized to my SONOS Amps or Sound Bars
Answered

I have EIGHT Sonos amps in my home and THREE sound-bars. They are all connected via ethernet to a switch that is in turn connected to my router. The router is then connected to a cable modem (which is...

Using Connect:amp with TT, receiver, and passive speakers
Answered

Hi, I have been trying to connect my Non-amped Stanton STR8-80 TT to my new connect:amp using my Yamaha RX-797 receiver and am getting no sound through my speakers. (I have our 2 Mission Speakers hook...

Connecting a Sonos through an Aruba WiFi Controller? Here's how:

Just wanted to share my experience with setting up my Sonos Play 5 with an Aruba WiFi controller. After many hours of tcpdump'ing and connecting the Sonos to wired networks (with everything working pe...

Connect- Line-Out Level Pass-Through

Is there a list of amps/receivers that support this feature?

Volume steps too much

Hi, is there any setting to allow for volume half steps on playbar? I have as audio for my TV and is either too low or too loud with one step in either direction..... Any thoughts are appreciated.

home theater with projector and receiver
Question

I am setting up a new home theater. Have an Epson home 4000 connected to a Denon AVR 1295W. There is a blu-ray also connected to the Denon. What is the best way (and with the least amount of wiring) t...

Connecting TV to Sonos

Connecting a Samsung TV to Sonos via a DAC

Sonos won’t update on college network
Question

I have a system with 5 sonos connects and 2 Crestron Tsw-1060 touchpanels running the sonos app. The connects have the wireless turned off and are plugged in to vlan with the touch panels. After the u...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings