Terms & Conditions
The Sonos Community is provided as a place for discussion of all things Sonos. The following rules and guidelines are presented here so that you know what is expected of you and what you can expect from other users.
By accessing this website, you acknowledge acceptance of these terms and conditions. Sonos reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time at its sole discretion. These terms and conditions apply to all your visits to The Sonos Community, both now and in the future.1. General guidelines
- - We are here to help. If you are new to The Sonos Community and are unsure about anything, just ask! The Sonos moderators and other users are happy to help.
- Stay on-topic. For everyone's benefit please stay on-topic. Please refrain from discussing personal matters, abusing any company or product, or from posting in a manner unrelated to Sonos products and services. Do not post any information that you do not wish to make public. Any information that you post can be obtained and used by others. You post at your own risk and responsibility.
- Stay courteous. Everyone wants to have a positive experience on The Sonos Community - so make sure that you are not detracting from anyone else's experience. In particular, refrain from posting anything unlawful, libelous, defamatory, inflammatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, or otherwise objectionable or injurious to third parties. Your opinions are always welcome, but personal attacks and harassment ("flaming") on either The Sonos Community or through private messaging are not acceptable.
- Keep it spam-free. The Sonos Community is provided as a service to Sonos customers and is not intended for the promotion of third party services, products, websites, or organizations. Please refrain from posting content that would constitute advertising, junk mail, spam, chain letters, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation.
- Keep it legal. It is unacceptable to post any material (i) that would infringe on any patent, trademark, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party or disclose any trade secret (or other confidential information), (ii) that contains software viruses or any other computer code or files that are designed to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software or hardware, or (iii) that is deemed to be illegal by any local, state, federal, or international law.
- Be careful. Most people are happy to help out on The Sonos Community, but remember that their advice is theirs only and that you are responsible for deciding whether or not to follow it. If the advice given by a user sounds wrong or risky to you, do not try it. In particular, if any user asks you for personal information, such as an account number, address, password or credit card number, do not provide it.
You are not allowed to register multiple accounts. Any user found to be active under multiple identities risks having one or more accounts suspended and their forum membership removed.
To report violations, please use the Report Inappropriate Content feature or contact the Sonos Community moderators at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the message board name and a link to the relevant post.
4. Private messages and moderator actions. Moderator actions and the contents of private exchanges with moderators, staff members and administrators should not be shared or discussed on the public forums. Such material will be removed by moderators. If you have questions or comments regarding moderator actions, contact the forum administrator, staff or moderators through private message or by sending an email to email@example.com.
5. Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability. Users like you provide much of the material on the Sonos Community. Such third-party content is the sole responsibility of the person originating the material. Sonos does not control and is not responsible for this third-party material.
6. Limited License. Sonos hereby authorizes you to copy materials published by Sonos on this website solely for non-commercial use within your organization in support of Sonos products. No other use of the information is authorized. In consideration of this authorization, you agree that any copy of these materials which you make shall retain all copyright and other proprietary notices in the same form and manner as on the original. Except as specified above, nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, or otherwise any license or right under any patent, trademark , copyright or any other intellectual property right of Sonos or any third party. VISITORS OR USERS ARE NOT PERMITTED TO MODIFY, DISTRIBUTE, PUBLISH, TRANSMIT OR CREATE DERIVATIVE WORKS OF ANY MATERIAL FOUND ON THIS SITE FOR ANY PUBLIC OR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.
Content included on this site and provided by or on behalf of Sonos (including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, images and forum posts) is the exclusive property of Sonos. By submitting your content to the Sonos Community you hereby grant to Sonos a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free and fully-paid, freely transferable, sub licensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise all copyright, publicity, and moral rights, in any media now known or not currently known, with respect to any content you provide to us in any public space on this website or in any email that you provide to us through this website or any other Sonos website. Please do not post content on the Sonos Community if you do not want to grant Sonos the abovementioned rights.
7. Trademarks. The trademarks, logos and service marks ("Marks") displayed within The Sonos Community are the property of Sonos or other third parties. Users are not permitted to use these Marks without the prior written consent of Sonos or such third party which may own the Mark. "Sonos" and all Sonos product names are trademarks of Sonos Inc.
9. International Site Use. All community content is in English. The Sonos Community may not be helpful or relevant to all international customers. Not all products or programs mentioned will be available internationally.
11. Access to Password Protected/Secure Areas. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the website is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized individuals attempting to access these areas of the website may be subject to prosecution.
12. Sonos Employees.Sonos employees are required to adhere to the Employee Guidelines.
Already have an account? Login
Login to the community
Log in or register to reply
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.