Welcome to What to get

Looking to get started with Sonos? Get help and advice here.

1908 Topics

What Hi-Fi article on Beam tips, questionable statement

Was reading another What Hi-Fi article on Sonos Beam tips, as I am getting it tomorrow and then they go to say this... WHAT??? haha Price aside, the SUB makes a positively huge difference owning one...

What system I should buy?

Hello there! I am a really happy user with 2 sonos one old generation As you can see in the photo my setup has one Panasonic TV and one Benq 1070 projector. My concern is what setup I should buy for...

Beam Aesthetics

I've been going back and forth about beam vs. playbar and was (finally) leaning beam. Yesterday I was casually measuring below the TV to see how the beam might look and my wife saw and responded, "TH...

Which Sonos for kitchen?
Question

Hello Sonosers! I have sonos all over my house and happy with it. However in my kitchen I have only one S3 mounted high on the wall. It does not cut it over the fans and general kitchen noises. So I...

New to Sonos: noob questions

So I bought 2x Sonos Ones and a Play 5 from a local store and they didn’t have another One and Play 5 to take home and I have to get it tomorrow. Basically, I only took home the One today. The rep sai...

Need advice for a Sonos
Question

Hello everyone, Just moved to Canada in a small appartment and decided to go for a soundbar for convenience as I may move again sooner or later. I am total newbie about Sonos and I will really apprec...

Airplay 2 from ATV to SONOS surround set up
Answered

Hello to everyone, In order to take advantage of Airplay 2 in my set up I am thinking of using an Apple TV to send sound via Airplay 2 to a Beam Bar with surrounds and sub. I am using a beamer, that w...

Existing speakers
Question

I just purchased a home that has 8 existing speakers in the wall on 4 separate floors. The attached picture is on the first floor which controls all 4 zones. Can I reuse this existing wiring that was...

BEAM - what kind of HDMI

HI! Since I will be using Beam with my projector (via optical adapter) I need to buy longer HDMI cable (12m/40ft). Does it matter what kind of HDMI I will buy? Would "standard speed HDMI with etherne...

One vs. Play1
Answered

Hi everyone. What are the cons by getting two "One" as stereo set instead of a "One" and a "Play1" as a stereo set? I think there is some money to save and I suppose that you only can use voice contro...

Existing Wired Speakers

Just moved into a new home and the previous owner has in wall wired speakers. 2 upstairs, 2 downstairs and 2 outside for total of 6 speakers. Each has their own volume control knobs in wall outlet. I...

Receiver & Set Up Suggestions
Question

Off to a really bad start. Recently hired a big box store to install and set up all audio equipment I purchased from said store; Pioneer Receiver; Sonos Connect Amp; Sonos Connect; Sonos One with Alex...

Outdoor audio configuration

I am in the midst of planning to put an audio system for my backyard and I got some estimates from audio companies, which turned out to be a big waste of time. So now I decided to see if I can install...

Is a Subwoofer necessary with 2 Play 5 as stereo sound

I have 2 play5s as stereo sound. The bass seems very good. Would I gain any improved fidelity by adding a subwoofer to the system? Like I said the bass seems very fine without a subwoofer. Thank you.

Do I need a connect amp? And can my wife use surround sound without the app?
Question

I'll keep this as simple as possible. My wife does not embrace technology, she does not have a smart phone or a tablet. I find the sonos concept somewhat confusing. We have a new house and I am trying...

external hard drive

Hi all i recently purchased a play 1 as the bose sound touch did not do what i wanted it to...The problem i am having (maybe i'm doing this completely wrong) is i have all my music on a external har...

7.2 (Onkyo) Receiver and Zone 2 Outdoor (Bose) Speakers: Connect or Connect AMP?

I have a Onkyo TX-NR515 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver and have the Bose 151® SE environmental speakers on my deck. I currently am using the receiver to power the surround sound speakers in the livi...

Sonos in the garden?

I have a play one that I want to use in the garden but need some advice. The WiFi signal is really poor so I have used a Powerline plug and Ethernet cable to connect the speaker which works nicely. Ho...

Best config for living room

I would like to buy sonos beam. a play3 is already installed in the living room beam + pair of play 3 [installed in line, not as rear speaker] o or beam for tv audio and a new play 5 [single] to liste...

Is Play 3 "old" technology?

I have 3 play 3's. I use 2 as surround speakers and the other stand alone. I'm thinking about a 4th to make a stereo pair. I have paired 3's in the past and they sound very good together. I also have...

Own 2 Play1 and 1 Play3... need 2 more Play1....If I buy Sonos one, do I still need to buy an Echo?

Not sure what to buy... one to buy 2 more play 1, but... - if i buy 2 sonos one, can those 2 control my old play1 and play 3? - or i will only be able to control by voice the new sonos one? - do i st...

In the bedroom...I can't decide.

So my bedroom is a pretty typical setup. ~300 sqft. Bed and two nightstands on one wall, a dresser on the other. Above the dresser is a tv mounted on the wall. The tv is rarely used. When it is, it...

Sonos Beam and Play 3's as surround speakers

Hi, I am planning to buy a Sonos Beam. I have two Play:3's, can I use these as surround speakers with the Sonos Beam. I have read you can do this with Sonos 1's, but have heard no mention of using P...

The next step, x2 Sonos 5

So I've been using Sonos for already some time. I went all in with a Sonos Base and a pair of Play1 for the surround and so far I'm quite happy but I want to go the extra mile and get a pair of sonos...

Playbase or Beam + Surrounds
Question

I'm currently considering getting a Sonos soundbar for my living room TV (LG OLED 55B7). The options I'm considering are either a Playbase by itself or a Beam with two Play:1s for surround sound. I'm...

Badges

• Badge
    PaulRBoon earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Xai7126 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    PTQ earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    thejackamo earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    selzhanik earned the badge Almost Famous
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings