Welcome to What to get

Looking to get started with Sonos? Get help and advice here.

1372 Topics

L-shaped living room, 2 Play5 set up as stereo but need support speaker.
Answered

Hi all, I have a large L-shaped living room/kitchen. in the high end of the L I have two Play5 speakers vertically set up as stereo (although I just read they'll only play stereo when horizontal, is t...

Play5 (2nd Gen) - Recommendation on Speaker Stands?
Question

I am a current Play5 user of the 1st generation speakers. I recently mounted them on some Flexson speaker stands and I am delighted with the product. I know Flexson has a new stand for the 2nd gen. Pl...

Second play 5 or sub?
Question

I have a play 5 in a fairly large room- I am asking advice on buying another play 5 and making a stereo pair or getting a sub woofer? Any advice appreciated.

External Storage Device
Question

What external Storage Device works best. Historically i had a tower computer which held all my record collections on. I left this switched on constantly so my SONOS linked to and I could play my colle...

Which Outdoor speakers/
Question

I have sonos throughout my house and Im in the market for an outdoor speaker that I can use the Connect AMP to integrate. My location gets hit pretty hard with sun in the summer and there wouldnt be...

Connect or Connect Amp?
Question

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum and new to Sonos in general. I have read through some of the postings here and on other sites about the best way to connect outdoor speakers. The info has been...

Stereo Pair if not in ideal listening sweet spot?
Question

Good morning all. I am a fairly recent new homeowner and finally looking to spring for a home stereo system. Having done some research, Sonos is clearly a no brainer. I cannot wait to get my hands on...

Playbar vs Playbase
Question

Does anyone have first hand experience of comparing the Playbar Vs the Playbase? I have a Playbase and am quite disapointed with the separation it provides while watching movies. Only with the addit...

What to buy next?
Question

I currently own one play5 but eventually I'd like to have two play5s and the sub to complete my setup. The question is what should I buy first the sub or another play 5 while I'm saving to get the nex...

Using Sonos with KEF LS50 W
Question

I would like to set up a small system using KEF LS50 W (wireless) speakers. I will have a connect and use an ipad for the controller. My question is about using a wireless external hard drive. Is it p...

Sonos Playbase extend
Question

Hi, I just got a Playbase and I can really recommend it. It filles up my two room + kitchen apartement well alone and the base is great. However I want to extend it to a home theatre AND a full music...

Built in speakers and and a Sonos soundbar - what to do?
Question

Hi there! We just bought a new home and we're having a wall mounted TV installed tomorrow. I had an AV guy come in and he suggested we go all Sonos. Much of the house has built-in speakers which is...

Bookshelf speakers or two Play 1s
Answered

I have a Playbar, a Play 5, and a Play 3. I also have a record player with a receiver and two speakers that I need to replace. I'm debating either (1) buying a Connect Amp and a pair of nice ($300 ran...

What are people's thoughts on the Flexson floor stand for the Play:5 Gen 2?
Question

Just ordered a pair of Play:5's and am going to need a floor stand. Looks like the Flexon is the only one that fits the new Play:5? It will only allow landscape orientation though, which is kind of a...

Moving and Newbie wants Sonos-Help

We are moving to a 3K square foot house. Config is the following: 1. Family Room - 65" TV over fireplace Room has high ceilings and is prob 25X20 2. Smallish Office - 55" TV 3. Master BR - 50" TV...

Large space question.
Answered

Hi, I haven't seen this question answered. I have a large room, 20x25, with a high ceiling. I am wondering if I should go with a stereo pair of play 1s and a stereo pair of play 3s, or a stereo pair...

7K Sq Ft Home under construction; please help with Sonos design
Answered

Site: 3 level (basement, main floor, upstairs) home. 7k sq ft. Lot size about a half acre (want coverage for my lot/yard as well). Requirement 1 - Great sound quality in major entertaining areas, a...

40sqm 2* Sonos 1 / 2 * Sonos 3 or 1 * Sonos 5
Question

Hi, Moving into a new house with the following: Music: from classic to grunge Volume requirement: not used for parties; want to remain friends with the neighbours Size: 40 sqm [bRoomtype: livingroo...

Is Sonos any good to me?
Question

Hi Community. I am probably about to invest in Sonos ... I have five rooms in which I would like to have music (and the ability to specify different music in different rooms via the app - and if poss...

Playbar vs Playbase

With the current 15% off promotion, I am tempted to get a Playbase or a Playbar ...but I am not sure which would be the best.. In our set-up, we have a wall mounted TV but just below that is a glass/...

Can I easily move speakers frequently
Answered

I am new to Sonos but about to buy. I have read a lot but don't know the technology or the Sonos App so would appreciate clarifying the following. I plan to get a Playbase for TV. I am also thinking...

Connect Amp to power 4 speakers (4 Ohms and 8 Ohms)
Question

I am interested in getting the Connect or Connect Amp for my new bathroom renovation. I want to have 2 Kohler SoundTile shower speakers (4 Ohms) and 2 Polk ceiling speakers (8 Ohms). I am aware that...

Connect Amp or Connect + separate amps?
Question

I'm setting up 3 zones in our house with in ceiling speakers. Two of the zones will be 4 speakers, one zone will be 2 speakers. Mix of speakers as two of the zones will be a retrofit from existing ins...

Considering one more play5 to make a stereo pair, but should I?`
Question

Hi. I've recently joined the Sonos family. I've got two play5 units. One in one room, one in the other. For my TV/video/media area, I'd ideally like to make a nice stereo pair out of my system - rath...

Next purchase... Sub or Play5?
Answered

I have 4 play1s and a PLAYBAR. Play1 in the kitchen. Play1 in the entryway. Pair of play1s in the bedroom and a PLAYBAR in the great room connected to the tv. I have been wanting a play5 since I he...

Badges

• Badge
    sdliv earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    k44rve earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    buswaybob earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    revitup earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    melvimbe earned the badge Writing Credits
View all "Badges"