Welcome to What to get

Looking to get started with Sonos? Get help and advice here.

1184 Topics

Connect Yamaha amp to Sonos 5 using "party" function
Question

Can I play steamed music, eg Spotify, through my Yamaha receiver on to my P:5 using the party function when the P5 isn't wired? The receiver can see the p5 is there as zone 2 but the Sonos doesn't pic...

Mac manage music drop down
Question

The Manage Music drop down doesn't activate when I open it and pass the cursor over the options (the options stay shaded) so I can't link my music in iTunes to Sonos. I've tried reinstalling the app t...

Help choosing best combinations of Sonos required!
Answered

Hi All, I love Sonos and have been working towards expanding my current set up in my new house. I've gone from a flat to a 3 bed house and need music to envelop my living space accordingly. I curre...

Can I use Two Connects in one system?
Question

Is it acceptable to use two Connects and two separate hi-fi's in one Sonos system??

New Home setup
Question

We recently built a new home and could use some advice on the type of products that we need: - We have two play 3, six play 1, a sonos sound bar, and a sonos sub that we used in our old home that we...

Spotify + Sonos + Hercules 4mx
Question

Hoy can i manage these devices together? Which software is recommended. With a PC or iPad.

I have 1 x Play 5 plus Sub - what to buy next?
Question

Hello, can you all please help me with best setup given my existing components? I am either going to get another Play 5 for a 2 x Play 5 plus Sub setup... or, get 2 x Play 1 for a 1 x Play 5, 2...

How to combine a turntable with a PlayBar?
Question

This is probably an unusual combination, and it's not clear to me what the best way is to tackle it. I'm getting a PlayBar for our TV, which will replace an A/V receiver and speakers. But one reason I...

Excited to get started, but is this what you would do?
Question

Greetings! Complete newbie here looking for some guidance. If I lay out my initial needs, can you point me in the right direction? Firstly, my wife bought me a Crosley turntable for my birthda...

Turntable
Question

I'm in the process of buying a Pro-Ject Essential II Digital turntable and I was wondering which Sonos I will need to buy to make it work? Will it work with Play 1 or 3? Can someone help with this qu...

Connect a Recommended Medium Priced Midi system to my Sonos Wirelessly! Which one?
Question

I am in a dilemma! I would like to use a mini system to my Sonos Connect and Play 1's. But nobody will recommend something compatible. I understand it isn't good to recommend other companies products...

Two Connects in one system?
Answered

Is it acceptable to use two Connects and two separate hi-fi's in one Sonos system??

Home out-side workshop (Shed)
Question

Hi all. Just completed building my workshop and need to get Sonos in there, however I'm concerned about the temperature issues. Not sure which Play device would best cope with the cold weather or i...

Adding FM and CD to my Sonos House? And other questions for NEW SETUP
Question

Hi! Im building a setup in my parents new house with 8 different zones connected through connect amps. Have some questions hope somene could give me advice: 1) Starting from the facts that 1) CDs a...

Uturn Audio With Connect Amp Setup
Question

Hello!... I'm trying to figure out how to connect my U-turn audio turntable to my Sonos Connect:Amp. Here is what I'm assuming that I need to do: Uturn Audio Turntable connected to Art DjPre II Pho...

Possible to get to 5.1 with Playbar, Connect, wall speakers, and non-Sonos sub?
Question

Hello. I currently have a Playbar connected to my Panasonic 55" plasma TV. I'm looking to accomplish a couple of things here: 1) Create a 5.1 home theater setup using my existing Playbar. The ideal...

Adding Speakers to Playbar and Sub

A few months ago I purchased the Playbar and just bought the sub last week. Very happy with both but am now looking to add two speakers for TV viewing as well as listening to music. This is for our ba...

Sonos Playbar with Sony X930D 55" Television and Dolby Digital 5.1
Question

Will the Sonos Playbar support Dolby 5.1 with my new Sony X930D 55" television? I see some people say it will not but also that Sony released a firmware to allow Dolby 5.1 pass through via optical out...

remore volume control on Sonos Play:1
Question

Is it possible to control the volume remotely on sonos play1?... I need to position the speaker 2 meters high in my room.. I can 'mute' it from the app on my mobile.. but how to low or high the volume...

Do I get 2 Play 3's and a Sub or 2 Play 5's?

I'm try to figure out what the best setup would would be for room(8x7m). Should I go with 2 Play 3's and a sub or 2 Play 5's without the sub?

Replacing part of my B&O installation with SONOS
Question

I want to replace part of my B&O installation with Sonos equipment. The current setup is the following: BEOCENTER 3 as a central Hub. Connected (on the "in-side") to this are : Satellite decoder ; Tel...

Using a Connect and some speakers in the bathroom
Answered

I've just won a Connect (ZP90) on eBay and want to use it to add Sonos to my bathoom (6'5" x 5'9" , 1.96m x 1.75m). I don't have much experience with audio tech so just looking for some advice on w...

Music and TV audio automation
Question

Hello All, I'm fairly new to the home entertainment system so I am looking for some advice on what is the best product to get that will suit my needs. I am hoping to install some (not yet looked...

Connect:Amp vs Connect with NAD Receiver for JBL speakers
Question

New to Sonos with a Connect:Amp running a couple of ceiling speakers quite nicely. My question concerns a vintage stereo system with very nice JBL Control Monitor speakers and a partially dead NAD...

Play5 (2nd Gen) - Recommendation on Speaker Stands?
Question

I am a current Play5 user of the 1st generation speakers. I recently mounted them on some Flexson speaker stands and I am delighted with the product. I know Flexson has a new stand for the 2nd gen. Pl...

Badges

• Badge
    willryan42 earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    JeffDel earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    PhilJ earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    T0MWH0 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    DerekL earned the badge Almost Famous
View all "Badges"