Welcome to What to get

Looking to get started with Sonos? Get help and advice here.

1956 Topics

7.2 (Onkyo) Receiver and Zone 2 Outdoor (Bose) Speakers: Connect or Connect AMP?

I have a Onkyo TX-NR515 7.2-Channel Network A/V Receiver and have the Bose 151® SE environmental speakers on my deck. I currently am using the receiver to power the surround sound speakers in the livi...

Sonos in the garden?

I have a play one that I want to use in the garden but need some advice. The WiFi signal is really poor so I have used a Powerline plug and Ethernet cable to connect the speaker which works nicely. Ho...

Best config for living room

I would like to buy sonos beam. a play3 is already installed in the living room beam + pair of play 3 [installed in line, not as rear speaker] o or beam for tv audio and a new play 5 [single] to liste...

Is Play 3 "old" technology?

I have 3 play 3's. I use 2 as surround speakers and the other stand alone. I'm thinking about a 4th to make a stereo pair. I have paired 3's in the past and they sound very good together. I also have...

Own 2 Play1 and 1 Play3... need 2 more Play1....If I buy Sonos one, do I still need to buy an Echo?

Not sure what to buy... one to buy 2 more play 1, but... - if i buy 2 sonos one, can those 2 control my old play1 and play 3? - or i will only be able to control by voice the new sonos one? - do i st...

In the bedroom...I can't decide.

So my bedroom is a pretty typical setup. ~300 sqft. Bed and two nightstands on one wall, a dresser on the other. Above the dresser is a tv mounted on the wall. The tv is rarely used. When it is, it...

The next step, x2 Sonos 5

So I've been using Sonos for already some time. I went all in with a Sonos Base and a pair of Play1 for the surround and so far I'm quite happy but I want to go the extra mile and get a pair of sonos...

Playbase or Beam + Surrounds

I'm currently considering getting a Sonos soundbar for my living room TV (LG OLED 55B7). The options I'm considering are either a Playbase by itself or a Beam with two Play:1s for surround sound. I'm...

Connect:AMP and Play ones as surround sound?
Answered

I have two speakers id like to hook up to a connect:amp as front right/center/left. Or really just right and left. If i get two Play:1 or sonos one, can i set up a surround sound or close to surround...

Are a pair of Martin Logan Motion 20 Speakers compatible with Connect:Amp?

I want to buy a pair of standing floor speakers to connect to a Turntable with Connect:Amp. Are a pair of Martin Logan Motion 20 Speakers compatible with Connect:Amp?

Four Play:1 or two Play:5

Hi, I am renovating the living room and I want to install a Sonos system for music only. I checked the forum and found a lot of similar question but I didn't found one considering a pair of P5 vs fo...

To Beam or not to Beam that is the question

Hello, I'm very interested in the new Sonos Beam as I've read some excellent reviews. My room is roughly 5 metres (16 feet) square. Obviously, we sit reasonable close to our 47" TV. Will the Beam h...

Zp90 or zp120
Answered

Which will suite me better?

Sonos Beam with my current set up
Answered

I am looking at getting surround sound for my new kitchen diner. I have a Samsung UE55F8000STXXU TV which has an ARC HDMI port so should support Alexa from the Sonos Beam....correct? Next question is...

New home setup

I’m currently getting a new home built. I’m looking into getting whole home audio. I’m looking for some advice as to if Sonos product or products can help. My builder is in installing in-ceiling speak...

Playbar or Beam plus 2 x Play one's Front Left and Right - which is likely to be better?
Answered

Although Beam not out, wondering which set up might be better? I gather the Beam is a central speaker, and so adding 2 x play 1's brings it up to same price as playbar. Which might be the better opt...

A bit confused about Connect configuration with existing 5.1 system

I am on the brink of entering the Sonos world. Looking to start with a couple Sonos Ones but would also like to Sonos-ify my existing 5.1 receiver which my TV outputs sound to via optical cable. I ha...

Turntable Sound

Hi all, I own a project turntable that I'm running through an AV amp on my living room to 2 X monitor audio RX6s. I'm look to "Sonos" up my life! In the living room I plan to swap the AV amp for a B...

Dilemma - What should i buy

Hi all! help me decide. As you can see my living space looks like so. i currently have two Play 3's (black in diagram). My main goal is to replace my Qacoustics M4 for TV and music. I have a dillema....

Projector + Apple TV + Playbar
Answered

Hello! I am wanting to buy a projector for kids outdoor movie nights, and as such do not want to spend a lot on it. I am currently considering the Epson EB-W42. It only has a 2W speaker, so I am wanti...

Help me choose please;) Sonos play 1 or new play one?
Question

Id really appreciate your help. Ive been weighing up the sonos vs a bose. I think my heart is now set on sonos. However i dont know which to get? I have a dot so can connect to the old play(although r...

Language school classroom audio solution required

I need a wireless, android compatible solution for listening to English as a foreign language audio in 20m2 classrooms with 10 students. Can I play any audio file on a Sonos system? MP4? Which speaker...

Sonos bridge has died, can I replace with a boost?
Answered

My bridge seems to have died, no lights anywhere on it, I can’t find a suitable adapter to try to rule that out, I may order one but if that doesn’t work can I order a boost instead of it? I have all...

2 x Play 1 OR 1 x Play 3

I currently have 5.1 Livingroom set up (Playbar, Playsub and 2 x Play 1). A Play 3 in the kitchen and another Play 3 in the bedroom. I am moving house and have an additional downstairs room, a small...

Pairing 2 Sonos One speakers with Sonos Play 5

Hi guys, in a few weeks we will be moving to our new built apartment. In the living room and open kitchen the electrician has built in 2 wall sockets high in the corner of the two connecting rooms in...

Badges

• Badge
    kitsune earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    John_93 earned the badge Writing Credits
  • Badge
    McAddress earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Kirkedal earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Pete Soon earned the badge Almost Famous
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings