Welcome to What to get

Looking to get started with Sonos? Get help and advice here.

2057 Topics

Turntable and Beam
Answered

I have been looking to get into the Sonos community and I think the Beam will fit my needs. I am looking to replace my current amp and bookshelf speakers with the Beam. So my final setup is hopefully...

Beam Aesthetics

I've been going back and forth about beam vs. playbar and was (finally) leaning beam. Yesterday I was casually measuring below the TV to see how the beam might look and my wife saw and responded, "TH...

Best for Classic and Jazz music + TV connection
Answered

Hi, everyone! 👋 I have read many useful advices here. However, it's not clear to me what to choose in my case. I'm going to buy Sonos to listen to Classical and Jazz music and to connect my system to...

Stereo pair Play:1's + SUB, my experience and story of how I adopted them

I've finally finished my investment into getting two Play:1's and a SUB. I just want to share my experience with it for anyone that is curious. How does it sound? Was the SUB setup easy? Does adding t...

Sonos House Set Up Advice

Hi I'm due to have some building work done soon and thought it was a good time to look at getting some ceiling speakers, but I'm unsure of what I need in order to get the set up I want. There will b...

Marantz M CR603connected to Sonos
Answered

I have a Marantz M-CR603 with two wired speakers in my kitchen and I have a Sonos Playbar with sub in my lounge and a Play 1 in another room. Please can someone advise me how I can join the Marantz w...

Play 3 or Play 1

Looking to jump into the Sonos world. Best Buy close to my house has play 3’s open box for $189 and play 1’s open box for $125. I’d prefer a pair for stereo sound. Primary use will be in the living ro...

What do I need to buy from SONOS for surround sound

Hi i am looking to buy sonas nedd i assume an amp and 4 speakers ideally woreless. Can someone reccomend the list of what i need its for a tv in the living room but this then goes into the extension w...

Problem with connnect:amp
Answered

Hi dear, im triying to setup my connect amp and since the firts time, the white lights is flashing, the apps no found the device. Osbiosly couse cant see the green light. Im triying to ressett and not...

Dilemma - What should i buy

Hi all! help me decide. As you can see my living space looks like so. i currently have two Play 3's (black in diagram). My main goal is to replace my Qacoustics M4 for TV and music. I have a dillema....

switching inputs with connect and beam

I have a turntable and a TV and I'd like to play over Sonos from either of them (at different times). I'm considering buying the Connect to line in from the turntable, as well as the Beam to connect t...

I've talked myself into a weird setup

I have about a 2,000sq foot open concept ground floor that is sort of horseshoe shaped and includes an office, dining room, living room, kitchen and den in one sort of continuous wrap around area....

To Amp, or not to Amp...that is the question!

So I'm getting started with Sonos. I know what I want. 2 Beams for 2 TVs and a Sub for one of them. I also would like surrounds for one of the TVs and I have a set of outdoor speakers I'd like to p...

Surround Beam and Play 1 or One design

Hi I bought a Beam and two Play 1 in Black. I havent used any of the speakers yet. Im considering returing the play 1 and get the One. The One match the black frontgrill and the smoothe black top...

Moving from Xantech to Sonos
Answered

I currently have a Xantech MRC88 with call panels and speakers through out the house. Some of the wall panels do not work and programming and using the speakers is not easy. I want to be able to use m...

To Play Music in Dining Room: 2 Sonos Ones or 1 Beam?

I am new to Sonos. I was planning to purchase 2 Sonos One speakers to add music to my dining room/kitchen area, but with the release of Sonos Beam, I am wondering if I should go for that instead. Note...

HEVC h265 HDR player and Bitstream recommendation

Hi guys I'm looking for a player able to play h265 files (HEVC, HDR, 10bits) and able to Bitstream audio tracks to AC3 Dolby to be played by my Playbase, many of then just pass the tracks as stereo Do...

What Sonos speakers for outdoors?
Question

A discussion of Sonos speakers for outdoors listening.

What sound-bar/system to buy: Sonos Beam, Playbase or Playbar?

I feel like writing a thread directly comparing all three of the products, and explaining the features of all three so you can pick what's right for you. Hoping this thread is high-ish on Google to he...

Have 2 Play 5. Get Beam or Playbar for TV?

So I already have 2 play 5's for music. I am looking for a sound bar for my TV and thinking of putting the play 5s with either a Beam or Playbar for a 5.x system. The TV and sofa are in 14 foot by 14...

New Amp vs old Amp and 4 built in speakers
Answered

Hi Sonos Lovers, We have recently moved into a new house. It has 2 inbuilt speakers in two rooms that the previous owners used two separate Sonos Amps to connect. Am I right to assume that the new amp...

Sonos Play 1s with Beam for music only?

I’ve not found an answer for this despite much searching, so.... Has anyone experience of using Play 1s with a Beam as an additional speaker for classical music? I have 2 play 1s and an almost dead...

Help with recommendation for bedroom+en suite

Hi all! Loving my Sonos so far but just hoping to get some tips on what to go for in the main bedroom/en suite please! Can't go for ceiling speakers so thinking something in the corner of the bedroom...

Starter Pack

I have two Sonos 1 speakers and looking to add on. I was thinking about a soundbar and sub for home theater setup but also have a turntable and want to use it, too (need Play 5 or Connect). I'm wond...

Beam + SUB = PLAY 5 Gen2 Stereo Pair for Music?
Answered

I am looking to downsize the amount of speakers in my living room. I currently have a first generation Bose Solo under my TV, and I also have two second gen PLAY 5's. I want to replace the Bose Solo...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings