Welcome to What to get

Looking to get started with Sonos? Get help and advice here.

1453 Topics

Boost vs Bridge
Question

So, my daughter's fiance fell in love with my Sonos over Thanksgiving's visit, so wedding gift was an easy choice - two Play:3s, which are very nicely priced if you have access to a military exchange...

Need a recommendation for an all-in-one solution (HT plus Audio)
Question

I have the following sources of audio that I am planning to build an audio system around: 1. Vinyl record player with a built-in phono equalizer 2. Cable / TV 3. BluRay player 4. Streaming music / vid...

Home Already Partially Hardwired System
Question

And Powered by Two Traditional Receivers

best controller for sonos play 1
Question

I am a hospital chaplain and our team has refurbished our interfaith prayer chapel. We added a sonos play 1 speaker to stream soothing music to create a relaxing environment. We used a very inexpensiv...

Seeking Play 3 speaker stands (24 inch)
Question

I'm trying to find floor stands for a pair Play 3 speakers, but I want to limit them to about 24 inches in height (most stands are about double that). Can anyone recommend a good product?

Sonos one or play 5
Question

Hi guys I'm fairly new to Sonos. Only nought my first Sonos One 2 weeks ago to give it a try with Alexa. I bought this together with 2 Echo speakers from Amazon. I like the One speaker although I st...

External Storage Device
Question

What external Storage Device works best. Historically i had a tower computer which held all my record collections on. I left this switched on constantly so my SONOS linked to and I could play my colle...

NEW TO THE WORLD OF SONOS - PLAYBAR AND 2 PLAY 3s or 2 Play 3s and SUB
Question

I am purchasing my first Sonos system and I am totally lost. Nobody agrees on what I should buy so here are the options: Playbar and 2 Play 3s 2 Play 3s and a SUB 2 Play 1s and a SUB or Play 5s and n...

Do I need a Sonos Connect if I have a Play:5?
Answered

I am considering the Sonos system but need to be able to play my existing CD collection from a conventional CD player. I understand both the Sonos Connect and the Play:5 have an Analogue In option. A...

Just Went Full Sonos

I've had your typical "big iron" A/V setup for years. B&W 603 front and center speakers w/dipole surrounds, Hsu VTF-3 15" sub, Denon receiver, etc. We're moving and I'm getting rid of all of it and go...

Playbar good sound with sitting on furniture?
Question

Hi, looking to purchase either the playbar or playbase. Leaning toward playbar as my TV is hung higher above a cabinet. I'd rather just set it on the cabinet and not hang, but concerned from an articl...

Sonos + receiver + L/R speakers + turntable
Question

Greetings, Sonos Community! Any help you can give me with my question would be so appreciated! Here’s our current set-up: Denon Receiver L & R, Center, Sub Turntable (built-in pre-amp) Music server...

Single Play:1 and single Sonos One as surrounds?
Answered

Hey everybody. Really excited about the new voice enabled Sonos One! I would love to put one in my living room where I currently have the complete 5.1 setup. Can I move one of the surrounds to a diffe...

Flexson or Sanus stands for Sonos Play 5 gen II speakers
Question

I wonder if anyone has experience with both stands in regards to stability and quality? I just installed a pair of Sanus stands for my new ONE speakers in my 5.1 Sonos system. They seem stable and o...

Conclusion: Just get the Sonos

Good idea. If you’re looking for a $200 speaker, you simply can’t beat the Sonos One. https://www.cnet.com/news/best-wi-fi-speakers-under-200-sonos-vs-jbl-vs-bose-and-more/

Bridge needed or not
Answered

Without a bridge do you need a speaker connected to the Router at all times. I have had a bridge for a few years and just got 2 new sonos 1's . I already have a 5 and wondered if I can disconnect the...

Home theather design
Question

Hi! I'm planning to mount all my home's sound based on Sonos. I have 4 pairs of Polk RC80i distributed along the house, all of them connected by wires to a central place at the house. I have one TV at...

Two "rooms" in one room? (Sub, Playbar, 2x Play One, 2x Play: 5)
Answered

I'm getting a new TV within a week or two and I plan on getting a full Sonos system. (Sub, Playbar, 2x Play One, 2x Play: 5). I want a system that that will excel at both music and movies, meaning su...

What Would You Do - Rear Channels?
Question

Hi all, Would like to channel the collective intelligence of the group. I have a playbar and the SUB subwoofer. I want to add rear channels (we watch movies and play PS4). Do I go with Play:1s or...

Play 1 vs 3 for 5.1 system
Question

I'm planning a bar and want to setup a 5.1 system with a Playbar, Sub and either Play 1 or Play 3 rear speakers. The room is about 14x17 feet with 3 walls (back wall open). I plan to watch sports an...

SiriusXM custom channels
Question

The SiriusXM/SONOS website describes a way to set up custom channels: https://www.siriusxm.com/sonoswireless But, I don't see any options for this in the Sirius App. How do you set up custom channels...

Pairing two Play:5 with a shared line-in source
Question

Hi Is it possible to pair two Play:5 speakers and have one connect to the line in source and have it shared to the other Play:5?

connecting to existing stereo
Question

is there a device that would allow my existing stereo to connect to the sonos app? its an older stereo so I just need some kind of audio input connection

TV Audio Optical out to SONOS
Question

Is there any way to connect a TV optical audiio out to a Sonos system apart from a playbar ? i,e, is the Optical connection on a 'connect' out only rather than in ? Thanks

What Sonos to buy next, Play:3, Play:5, Soundbase or Soundbar?

Hello, I am currently looking to add to my Sonos setup and I'm not sure what speaker to go for. Currently I have a Play:3 in my living room, a Play:1 in my Kitchen and a Play:1 in my bedroom. I am...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online