Welcome to What to get

What Sonos should you buy? Ask here and find out which Sonos will suit your needs.

2385 Topics

Sonos Speaker Comparison Charts

Hello I am a Sonos Community member just as you. The information below (although taken from Sonos marketing materials) is not an official Sonos piece. However, I did seek the consultation of Sonos Co...

Sonos AMP or Connect:Amp
Answered

Presently, I have four outdoor speakers (MARINER 54 B) wired in parallel. Per the speaker specifications, they are rated at 60 watts maximum. Currently, I have a Sonos Connect:Amp hooked up to them;...

Marantz NR 1605 AV receiver

OK - want to install a Sonos solution for a motorhome utilizing a Marantz NR1605 AV receiver... need to establish 3-4 zones - 1st- being 5.1 movie, 2nd - MBR w/ 2 stereo, 3rd outside w/2 stereo and a...

Playbase will not fit at new house setup. Can I repurpose it elsewhere in the house?
Question

Hello, I have a playbase and sub, which I love, but am moving into a new house where the only logical place to put the TV is mounted in the wall. There is no place to put the TV stand it was previou...

What speakers for small-medium office?

Hi I have 2 areas of questions. Using the Sonos app with multiple users 1. Would you recommend Sonos for an office of 10-14 people? 2. Does the app work fine with multiple users able to queue songs/a...

Help picking 5.1 speaker set
Answered

Sonos sells a lot of different 5.1 speaker sets: https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/speaker-sets What sounds best for a 20x15 living room with cathedral ceilings, the soundbar, soundbase, or beam? By...

New user / new to Sonos with prewired house and an Echo
Question

I have a newly constructed home where 8 individual speaker wires terminate in a central closet. 4 of those wires run to the living room, 2 to MBR and 2 outside. I have no equipment at the moment oth...

Best budget amp for Sonos Connect ZP80

Can anyone recommend a good budget map to use with my turntable and my Connect ZP80 - I bought a 2nd hand amp but it had no Line Out so was useless - plugging the turntable into the Connect works but...

Play 5 - Outdoor stand, cabinet, table for temp use?

Team, as we host parties and other gatherings outside I simply transport my Play 5 outdoors. Does anyone out here use an enclosure - cabinets, table, stand, for temporary outdoor use that looks neat a...

Sonos Amp compared to Connect Amp to drive Bose 251 speakers
Answered

I have a pair of Bose 251 speakers in my conservatory driven by a Connect Amp situated in the more controlled temperatures in the house. Not strictly an outdoor situation but the temperature in the co...

Sonos Play:5 or One for multi room retail space?

I'm looking for a wireless multi room setup in a retail environment and could use some advice. There are two adjacent rooms, one is 27' x 25' and the other is 12' x 25'. The ceilings are 9'8" high and...

Connect:Amp System Recommendation

This is probably mostly of interest to those in the UK, because that's where the prices are relevant. Consider this a pubic service announcement I had a spare Connect:Amp after buying one of the new...

Play 3 or Play 5 with sub

I am reading a lot about the Play 3 vs the Play 5 in terms of sound quality and user experience. I have read the Play 3s are great, and a little disappointment with the Play 5. I also want to include...

Beam + Sub VS Playbase + Sub: Worth it?

Hi guys! I am new here. I am gonna buy sonos speaker to use in the living room (6x4 meters). I will use it for TV shows, cinema (mainly) and Videogames (exceptionally for music). I am interesting main...

1200 square foot romm
Question

Hi, I have a 1200 square foot room with 18 foot high ceilings. Two of the walls are all windows. Floor is concrete. It’s a hair salon. Wondering what the best speaker set up would be. Have been con...

Connecting 2 AMPS? And a set of Sonos 1's in their own loop?
Answered

Random question but I am setting up 3 zones in my house... Living room which will be AMP + Sub + 2 passive speakers up front and 2 Play 1's in the rear. I hope this will give me good surround sound (...

Typhon Shop

Hsa anyone ever bought sonos item from this website? The prices seem awful low..don't know if they are fake overseas copies or what. Any thoughts are appreciated https:// typhonshop .com/search? type...

Wifi imesh
Question

Please, has anyone had the experience of using boost with the sonosnet network along with m5 deco? It worked ? How was the configuration done?

New home setup

Hey everyone, I am currently getting my house built and I am having it wired up for 1 set of in-wall, 2 sets of in-ceiling, and 1 set of outdoor speakers. My question is, how many Sonos amps should I...

Using beam as a center channel

Hi, I currently have a very nice 2.1 receiver with 2 paradigm stereo speakers and a powered subwoofer. My problem is listening to movies the dialogue gets lost when listening at lower volumes. I'm t...

What to replace Sonos with

I want to replace my Sonos system

Play:5 instead of Playbar for 5.1 home theater
Answered

I'd like to get a 5.1 system but was wondering how well the Play:5 works instead of the Playbar. Hoping to use the Play:5 as a great music source for other times when not watching movies.

For Playbase owners: sibilant, crispy treble is a problem?
Answered

Hi everyone! I am just about to buy a sonos device for a 5.1. Main device will not be wall-mounted so I have decided going for the playbase. I am just little worried about an apparent sibilant, crispy...

CD player to Sonos speakers?

Brand new to Sonos, don't own anything of the brand yet. My wife doesn't do streaming, we have ~300 CDs, and she wants a CD Changer/Carousel. We just moved, so I have to rebuild the audio system. Go...

Updating to 21st century

Hi all! I've just begun to set up an audio system in my first house - humble mini apt in a basement. I was pondering what to buy to listen to my music and TV getting the most cost effective option (I'...

Badges

• Badge
    Niklas_6 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    trymph earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Pray4you earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    wilwong829 earned the badge Carving it out I
  • Badge
    bozer earned the badge On Tempo I
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings