Welcome to Amazon Alexa and Sonos

Your one-stop shop for discussing Amazon Alexa with Sonos. How do you add Amazon Alexa to Sonos One or Beam? How do you pair an Echo device with a Sonos speaker? Get your answers here.

2856 Topics

Resolving (the majority) of Issues with Alexa on Sonos

This thread is intended to help get you going if you get stuck setting up Alexa with Sonos, or if you have run into any errors. The setup process does use two different apps, so don’t stress if you’re...

Alexa and Sonos Megathread

Since the first introduction in October 2017, we've been hard at work with the Amazon Alexa team to improve the Sonos skill and Alexa-enabled Sonos speakers. We're constantly fine-tuning and adding ne...

Alexa + Sonos: How it Works

So you’ve read all about Amazon Alexa working with Sonos and you want to know more. Here’s a rundown of how the integration works. Your Amazon Alexa devices are listening for you to say the wake word...

New to Sonos or Alexa? How to set up

So you have an Alexa device and Sonos players, where do you go next? 1. Make sure your Sonos and Alexa devices are all powered up and connected to the network. If you're new to Sonos, this means Ins...

Sonos One alternate Alexa "wake word" change

I was going to buy a pair of Sonos ones when they first came out but the inability to change the "wake word" from Alexa was a deal breaker for me as I already have a multi-room Sonos/Echo/Alexa Home a...

Alexa/Sonos One/Spotify

I've set up two Sonos Ones in the house for our kids. Each speaker is linked to the same Sonos household account, so both show up in our list of household Sonos speakers (we have several). Each speake...

Spotify and alexa issues on Sonos One
Question

We have been having on and off problems with alexa playing spotify music when telling the command to our sonos one. I have sent several diagnostic to Sonos, the problem stops on itself, Sonos tells us...

Sonos Beam voice control with Samsung TV

Has anyone been able to get the Sonos beam voice command: "Alexa turn off TV" to work? At this point I am able to get it to turn ON with voice and so far everything seem to be good except that the...

Alexa and SONOS play local music content?
Question

I am working on a smart home design and as part of this am looking at Sonos and also being able to use the Alexa functionality of it for voice commands. I also want to be able to tell Alexa to play m...

Alexa Will Not Wake On Sonos Beam
Question

I have a Sonos beam connected to my tv via optical out. What I'm noticing is that even with the tv/beam at very low volume that Alexa fails to respond to the wake word. It works fine when the tv is of...

How to activate Alexa mics on Sonos One surrounds?
Answered

I have a Beam with two Sonos One surrounds, and it's my understanding that the mics on the Sonos Ones are by default OFF, and that the Beam is the only one with mic input for Alexa. Is there a way to...

Sonos One 'Audio actions in routines are not currently supported on this device' when no audio actions defined...
Question

Replaced an Echo with a Sonos One and have a few basic routines. One of the routines is just to turn on 3 iDevice plugs and that is it. If I trigger that routine 'Alexa, Christmas time' everything wor...

Starting yesterday: Alexa cannot discover *any* sonos devices as speakers; but Sonos devices accept voice input

I went to rename a Sonos One yesterday as it was moving physical rooms. Alexa could not discover it, much to my dismay after having a perfectly working system for the last several months. At this po...

Alexa speaking over start of song
Question

When I ask Alexa to play a song the song begins to play while Alexa is still speaking stating the artist and song title. Same thing happens when I ask to play a genre of music Alexa states the genre w...

Alexa voice volume compared to music volume.

Hello everyone. I have two Play 1's and a new Sonos one I got for christmas. Here is my setup. I have the two Play 1's setup in my living room and the Sonos one setup in my kitchen for Alexa & music....

Sonos Beam and Alexa not playing nice

I purchased my Sonos Beam today, came home to set it up I have spent the past few hours trying to get Alexa to play nice with the Sonos Beam. When I look at my devices on the Amazon Alexa app and webs...

Can't control LG tv anymore

All working well for months. Today, Alexa was not able to switch off the TV anymore (connected to the beam with HDMI ARC). I tried to remove the TV from the device list and perform a device discovery...

Playbar cannot be discovered by Alexa

When I originally setup my Sonos with Alexa (Play1 and Playbar+sub) it all worked however I then discovered that because my smart bulbs were called the same name as my Playbar it caused a conflict on...

Alexa can't discover 3 devices

Hi, I would appreciate any advice. I have 2 One's and a Beam in my office and I can't get Alexa to discover any of the devices or turn on Spotify on any of them. When I ask Alexa, she says I need to g...

Sonos One and Volume control on other sonos speakers
Question

Just receive a new Sonos One. Still trying to figure out the Alexa commands. So my question is, can you control the volume to ALL speakers from the Sonos One using Alexa? When I ask Alexa to increas...

Amazon Echo Link Network Audio Player and SONOS

Does anyone know if we can connect the new Amazon Echo Link directly to a SONOS 3 via ethernet cable in order to sync it up as a grouped speaker along with the Amazon Echo Show and other Amazon device...

Alexa not discovering speakers

I have a new Playbase, along with an Echo Dot. The Echo Dot has been working fine controlling everything in the house. However when I try to add the Sonos speaker through Alexa it does not discover...

Alexa app not discovering any sonos speakers

Trying to integrate my 4 sonos speakers with my alexa app and its just not working. I search for devices as instructed and my nest heating is appearing as are my hue bulbs but no sign of sonos. I hav...

Alexa voice volume too loud

Hi there, I already read some posts about other people heaving problems with alexa's voice volume on the Sonos One. Some say it's not loud enough, when they have low music playing. Some say it's too...

How to delete alexa reminder on sonos one
Answered

I have created reminders on alexa that repeat everyday. I cannot delete them through the alexa app

Badges

• Badge
    Riddler earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    nickzaff earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    TLT ENT earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Steve O'Shea earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    bnw earned the badge Almost Famous
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings