Welcome to Amazon Alexa and Sonos

Your one-stop shop for discussing Amazon Alexa with Sonos. How do you add Amazon Alexa to Sonos One or Beam? How do you pair an Echo device with a Sonos speaker? Get your answers here.

2502 Topics

Resolving (the majority) of Issues with Alexa on Sonos

This thread is intended to help get you going if you get stuck setting up Alexa with Sonos, or if you have run into any errors. The setup process does use two different apps, so don’t stress if you’re...

Alexa and Sonos Megathread

Since the first introduction in October 2017, we've been hard at work with the Amazon Alexa team to improve the Sonos skill and Alexa-enabled Sonos speakers. We're constantly fine-tuning and adding ne...

Alexa + Sonos: How it Works

So you’ve read all about Amazon Alexa working with Sonos and you want to know more. Here’s a rundown of how the integration works. Your Amazon Alexa devices are listening for you to say the wake word...

Use Sonos One to control Fire TV with Alexa

Finding something to watch can be as easy as saying “Alexa, show me comedies." Use your Sonos One to control what’s playing on your Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick by following these steps: First, s...

New to Sonos or Alexa? How to set up

So you have an Alexa device and Sonos players, where do you go next? 1. Make sure your Sonos and Alexa devices are all powered up and connected to the network. If you're new to Sonos, this means Ins...

Alexa/sonos mexico

Alexa cant find the sonos skill in mexico. What can i do?

Beam & TV voice control: what is possible?
Answered

Hi there! I set up a Sonos Beam today and connected it to my Samsung TV (Q6F) via the ARC HDMI port, also installed Alexa and it's running smoothly for things like playing music on Spotify or checking...

Alexa activity only showing music requests
Question

In the Alexa app, Looking at the activity section I only see music requests listed. I do not see any other commands like a used to a few months ago. Any idea why? This is using Alexa on beam, and Sono...

Alexa app can not control sonos volume
Question

Inside the Alexa app under devices I can see my Sonos beam and 2 Sonos ones. When I click on any of them it opens up a new screen with a volume slider. When I use the slider to turn up The sound I get...

Alexa and Tidal
Answered

So I'm thinking of getting a couple of Sonos Ones and the Beam. But I use Tidal. Does Alexa work with Tidal?

Alexa habla español… and Sonos?

Hi everyone, Amazon just released the new language and also the Echo family on Spain. Alexa is now compatible with Spanish (from Spain), Alexa ahora habla español, when will Sonos update our speakers...

Sonos One Alexa Calling

Looking for an update on when Alexa calling is coming to Sonos One. Just got a Echo connect for home phone but useless with my current set up of Sonos Ones

Alexa and mutliple speakers
Answered

if i buy a Beam with integrated Alexa, can i use this and Alexa to play to others speakers in my set up?

Sonos one. When Alexa in Spain?
Question

hi guys hope you're all well. My question is easy and straight forward: I'm in Spain and I'd like to know if you've got any clue when we'll finally get the chance to speak with my lovely Cube. I see...

Sonos Skill is now available in Spain. Confirmation?
Question

Hi, I have seen that since today Amazon Spain is offering the Sonos skill for Alexa in Spanish, when it wasn't available days ago. I haven't seen any oficial announcement by your side. Could you pleas...

Tidal now available as Alexa skill

I've enabled the skill, but don't have an active subscription to test it. It does provide a "don't have permission" message on Sonos One when I ask Alexa to play anything "...on Tidal", so I assume i...

Alexa says Spotify needs to be linked, but it is already linked.
Answered

I have a Sonos One. I recently moved it to another plug socket in the same room and, ever since I moved it, Alexa has become unable to play music via Spotify. When asked to play music from Spotify, A...

Alexa asking to link Spotify Premium Account even though already linked when using Sonos
Answered

Having an issue where whenever I try to play something on Spotify on Sonos using Alexa, it's just coming up with 'To link your Spotify, please add a premium account in the Alexa app' even though I hav...

Alexa now available in Spanish
Answered

It's been a few days now since Alexa officially supports Spanish as a language. I live in Spain and I have my setup as if I lived in the UK, but now I am looking forward to migrate everything to the S...

Spotify won't connect to Alexa
Answered

I have spent an hour trying to reconnect my Spotify account to both Sonos and Alexa so that I can say, "Alexa, play 'XYZ' on Spotify." It then tells me to connect my Spotify account to starting with m...

Can't add Spotify and Soundcloud accounts

I've just installed Sonos Connect. Added Google Play Music account, Deezer, Last.fm, but Soundcloud and Spotify can't be added: I redirect to webpage where I get notice that I can close page and retur...

Sonos One is added as three (3) devices in Alexa
Answered

I own a Sonos One and a Playbase. I have added them to Alexa and five devices have been created in Alexa app. The Sonos One has been translated into - Alvaro’s Sonos One (Amazon Echo icon) - Bedroom...

Alexa connected, but not delivering
Question

I asked Alexa to give me my morning briefing and she says, "Here is your morning briefing from ..." then nothing. It does the same when you ask for a song, she says the name and site but then nothing....

Alexa cannot play spotify, requests to link a spotify premium account - but its already linked
Answered

When asking Alexa on my Spotify One’s I always get the reply: ”Please link a Spotify Premium account...”. My premium account have been linked and works perfectly thru Sonos. Spotify is selected as de...

Alexa stopped working on all 4 of my Sonos Ones
Question

Went from a degraded - needing to repeat the Alexa, turn on __whatever__ command multiple times to not working at all as of last night. I get the "beep tone" acknowledgement that Alexa is listening, a...

Badges

• Badge
    wmmabiklen earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    monotaga earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Jan_3 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Miki25 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Svalle311 earned the badge Meet and greet
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings