Welcome to Amazon Alexa and Sonos

Your one stop shop for using Amazon Alexa with Sonos.

1927 Topics

Alexa + Sonos: How it Works

So you’ve read all about Amazon Alexa working with Sonos and you want to know more. Here’s a rundown of how the integration works. Your Amazon Alexa devices are listening for you to say the wake word...

Resolving (the majority) of Issues with Alexa on Sonos

This thread is intended to help get you going if you get stuck setting up Alexa with Sonos, or if you have run into any errors. The setup process does use two different apps, so don’t stress if you’re...

New to Sonos or Alexa? How to set up

So you have an Alexa device and Sonos players, where do you go next? 1. Make sure your Sonos and Alexa devices are all powered up and connected to the network. If you're new to Sonos, this means Ins...

About ducking time

Ducking seems to be fixed now. I have grouped my echo and Sonos devices in the Alexa app and ducking seems to only affect the Sonos device that is associated with the echo that processes the command.

Microphone sensitivity for the “Alexa” wake word is low
Answered

So, I received my Sonos One this morning, loving the sound quality. Problem is, I’m coming from a regular Echo, which I’ve owned since release, and the microphones are nowhere near as sensitive as the...

Sonos One skipping first 1-2s of Alexa responses
Question

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, found a fix? Occasionally, when issuing Alexa commands to the Sonos One, the audio for the first ~ 1 second of the Alexa response is missing audio. For exa...

hi. is there a way to play radio (from tunein) and turn on hue lights...in one-single alexa voice command ?
Question

hi. i am using sonos one. is there a way to play radio (from tunein) and turn on hue lights...in one-single alexa voice command ? every morning, i will turn on my radio and switch on my kitchen light...

Alexa voice commands stopped working on Sonos One
Question

I installed my sonos one last weekend and set up went fine--no issues and using it every day. I came home tonight and the voice activation will not work. I can go and press the button and it will wo...

Disable Sonos One Alexa from playing a sound when I say "Alexa"

I just set up a Sonos One with Alexa and the sound is noticeably better than the Amazon Echo. On the Sonos One though, each and every time I call "Alexa" it plays some kind of acknowledgement tone....

Alexa voice volume compared to music volume.
Question

Hello everyone. I have two Play 1's and a new Sonos one I got for christmas. Here is my setup. I have the two Play 1's setup in my living room and the Sonos one setup in my kitchen for Alexa & music....

Play1 w Alexa paired with a Play5
Answered

Can I pair my play1 w Alexa with my play5 by my pool? Meaning if I tell Alexa to play something will it play on both speakers? Thanks in advance.

Sleep Timer using Alexa - not working with Sonos One
Answered

Purchased a Sonos One to use with Amazon Alexa and have discovered that although I can listen to my favourite radio station, when I ask the Alexa to sleep after any number of minutes, and it acknowled...

Alexa Ready Tone *after* request is done

I have two Sonos One units, both with Alexa activated (two separate rooms). Unit 1 works pretty much flawlessly.Unit 2 does the following: 1. Me: "Alexa." 2. Alexa: *Ready tone* 3. Me: "What time is...

Music cutting out in one zone using spotify
Question

I'm currently using an Alexa dot in my kitchen with my sonos and i have just bought a sonos one for another room. They are both using alexa ok BUT if i ask the Kitchen alexa to play something from sp...

Echo Spot - Picture and title on screen when playing music with Sonos

Hello ! Is there a possibility that one day, in Wifi, an illustration of the album and the title of the song are on the screen of the Echo spot when we listen to the music with Sonos ? Thanks in advan...

Amazon Dot and Play 5 line in going quiet when replying from Alexa
Answered

I have an Amazon Dot connected to my play5 using the line in option. Until today Alexa speech volume and the music volume were fine. I have now updated my speakers, but now I can hardly hear Alexa s...

Sonos Skill not available in India.

Sonos Skill not available in India. I have Amazon Music subscription from India. I wan to use that. Can someone help.

Connect amp and Amazon echo/dot
Answered

Hi. K have my connect amps in a cupboard running cables to 2 wired speakers in the bathrooms. I'd like to use voice activation to control my music . My question is can I hook up the Amazon echo/dot in...

Sonos One Group Alexa Issue
Answered

Hey Guys, First time poster here. I'm having an issue here where I have a Sonos One grouped on my patio with 4 other Play:1's. I figured this would be a good way to get alexa working with the whole g...

Sonos and Alexa in two houses
Answered

I have Sonos speakers and Echo dots in two houses. I activated the Sonos skill in the first house and all is good for using Alexa to control the Sonos speakers in the first house When I go to the se...

Sonos one Alexa no longer working
Answered

Set up a Sonos one a few days ago, was working great, loved it. Got home today and said Alexa play music, but nothing happened. Appears that Alexa stopped working but I’m bit sure why as I didn’t do a...

PowerView Scenes

Is Alexa Sonos One set to use the PowerView Scenes from Hunter Douglas for remote shades / blinds?

8.5.2 upgrade, what does 'wireless connect' echo or dot mean?
Answered

In the release notes for 8.5.2 there's a line that reads: "You can also wirelessly connect your Amazon Echo or Dot to your Sonos system. (This is currently in beta.) Enable the Sonos skill in your Al...

Playing from local music library not possible using Alexa/voice control

I have checked with Sonos, and they have confirmed that you cannot ask Alexa to play tracks from your own library. Further, they have no plans to support this. As much as I love my existing Sonus set...

All quiet on the update front.
Answered

Seems like the flurry of updates to alexas so called skills has ceased. Its been a good few months since the release date. Still no news on napster which a number of people requested, still no news on...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings