Welcome to Amazon Alexa and Sonos

Your one-stop shop for discussing Amazon Alexa with Sonos.

2103 Topics

New to Sonos or Alexa? How to set up

So you have an Alexa device and Sonos players, where do you go next? 1. Make sure your Sonos and Alexa devices are all powered up and connected to the network. If you're new to Sonos, this means Ins...

Use Sonos One to control Fire TV with Alexa

Finding something to watch can be as easy as saying “Alexa, show me comedies." Use your Sonos One to control what’s playing on your Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick by following these steps: First, s...

Alexa + Sonos: How it Works

So you’ve read all about Amazon Alexa working with Sonos and you want to know more. Here’s a rundown of how the integration works. Your Amazon Alexa devices are listening for you to say the wake word...

Resolving (the majority) of Issues with Alexa on Sonos

This thread is intended to help get you going if you get stuck setting up Alexa with Sonos, or if you have run into any errors. The setup process does use two different apps, so don’t stress if you’re...

ISSUES WITH ALEXA AND FLASH BRIEFING

I set up two Ones in the bedroom and said "Alexa play flash briefing" and Alexa responds with "here is your flash briefing" and then nothing happens (silence). This has happened about 50% of the time....

Can Sonos One upgrade to support Chinese Voice Assistant in the future?

I know Sonos One hasn't support Chinese Voice Assistant yet (In China Market) but I can see it will happen very soon from Sonos China website. Can my Sonos One upgrade to support Chinese VA when it's...

iHeartRadio New Zealand

Can anybody tell me why Alexa doesn't recognise I Heart Radio NZ stations even though I have favourites saved? It keeps going to US stations. Is this not available in New Zealand yet? Thanks.

Use Alexa as a Sonos speaker
Answered

I already know how to control Sonos with Alexa. But I want the Alexa speaker to group together with the rest of Sonos speakers. Is it possible?

Alexa in Denmark

No support for vocie control in my country. I use the Sonos app on my iPhone. When I go to voice control it tells me that there is no support in my country (Denmark). When will it be supported?

Just went through all the settings on Sonos app as well as Alexa app named my new Sonos One OFFICE in the Sonos app and group it with all my 7 other Sonos. I can play music on all Sonos through the So...

Playbase and Alexa
Question

Alexa will not discover my Playbase as a device. It is in the Sonus App in the TV room. I can play music from the Sonus app on the playbase. But Alexa will not play on the Playbase saying there is no...

Amazon Echo only plays through my Sono speakers (in another room)
Question

How do I get the Echo to return to using it's own speaker?

Echo Dot with Sonos speakers: "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly"

I have 6 Sonos Play 1 speakers in my house, and purchased an Echo Dot to enable Alexa with my speakers. Here are my initial impressions of "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly": ========== THE GOOD ======...

Google Assistant Support
Answered

When does Sonos expect to have support for Google Assistant?

Beam and Alexa control of system
Answered

So was thinking of getting the Sonos Beam for the Alexa control. I wanted to know if I got a harmony hub and used with the Alexa built in would I be able to use voice control for most of my system li...

Sonos One doesn't currently support 'learn my voice' command

Hi folks, I encountered some odd behavior the other day when I tried to tune Alexa's voice recognition on the Sonos One by using the command "Alexa, learn my voice." The device accepted the command, b...

Sonos One stereo pair
Answered

Hi I have a pair of One's , one is in the living room and the other is in the dining room. Sometimes when I ask Alexa a question they both answer or one will answer followed by the other a few seconds...

Alexa voice volume too loud
Answered

Hi there, I already read some posts about other people heaving problems with alexa's voice volume on the Sonos One. Some say it's not loud enough, when they have low music playing. Some say it's too...

About ducking time

Ducking seems to be fixed now. I have grouped my echo and Sonos devices in the Alexa app and ducking seems to only affect the Sonos device that is associated with the echo that processes the command.

how to get Alexa Echo Plus to accept voice commands to play music on Playbase and not on its own speakers.
Question

I need help in setting up the Sonos app and the necessary changes in the Alexa App so that I can voice control the Sonos Playbase to play music. At present I can play music through the Sonos App. It a...

Sonos one
Question

I have a sonos one with Alexa enabled. It worked fine until a month ago. Now, nothing. I have unplugged and restarted and have used the reset button on the back with no success. I have checked the...

Everyday I have to verify music services in Alexa before it'll play music: how to avoid this?

Everyday when I turn on my Sonos One Alexa works fine except she won't play music. I usually solve it by going to Sonos app -> More -> Voice Services -> Amazon Alexa -> View Alexa Setup -> Verify musi...

Using Play One to play TV from Playbar over other speakers
Answered

I have a Playbar connected to my tv and a Sonos One in another room and other Sonos speakers in other rooms. I am able to group rooms in the Sonos ap to play the tv on any other speakers. How do I t...

How to ask Alexa to play music from My Sonos?

Hi! I use Sonos mobile app for playing music. I have premium Di.Fm radio station account and I linked that radio via Radio by TuneIn. I have Amazon Eco and connected speakers to it. I can listen to mu...

Sonos One alternate Alexa "wake word" change

I was going to buy a pair of Sonos ones when they first came out but the inability to change the "wake word" from Alexa was a deal breaker for me as I already have a multi-room Sonos/Echo/Alexa Home a...

Badges

• Badge
    PaulRBoon earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Xai7126 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    PTQ earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    thejackamo earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    selzhanik earned the badge Almost Famous
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings