Welcome to Amazon Alexa and Sonos

Your one-stop shop for discussing Amazon Alexa with Sonos. How do you add Amazon Alexa to Sonos One or Beam? How do you pair an Echo device with a Sonos speaker? Get your answers here.

2981 Topics

Resolving (the majority) of Issues with Alexa on Sonos

This thread is intended to help get you going if you get stuck setting up Alexa with Sonos, or if you have run into any errors. The setup process does use two different apps, so don’t stress if you’re...

Alexa and Sonos Megathread

Since the first introduction in October 2017, we've been hard at work with the Amazon Alexa team to improve the Sonos skill and Alexa-enabled Sonos speakers. We're constantly fine-tuning and adding ne...

Alexa + Sonos: How it Works

So you’ve read all about Amazon Alexa working with Sonos and you want to know more. Here’s a rundown of how the integration works. Your Amazon Alexa devices are listening for you to say the wake word...

New to Sonos or Alexa? How to set up

So you have an Alexa device and Sonos players, where do you go next? 1. Make sure your Sonos and Alexa devices are all powered up and connected to the network. If you're new to Sonos, this means Ins...

SonosOne Microphone works once...
Question

My SonosOne microphone only works once each time I turn it on. I have reset a couple of times, including deregistering every device in the house from Alexa and Sonos and starting again. Same problem...

Help
Question

My Sonos would not stream amazon music as said sonos offline. So i then de authorised it on the alexa app in the hope of re authorizing it. I now cannot find how to recoonect sonos to my alexa app

Alexa not recognising Sonos Beam Room Name (TV)
Question

I have a Sonos Beam with the room name TV. From any of my Sonos speakers (2*One and Beam) I can say Alexa, turn on TV, which works fine. I can say to the Sonos Beam "Alexa play music" and it switches...

New Skill Enables Managing Groups of Sonos Speakers with Alexa

I've created the Speaker Groups Alexa skill (https://skills-store.amazon.com/deeplink/dp/B07HGQGT6P?deviceType=app&share&refSuffix=ss_copy) that allows you to group your Sonos speakers together throug...

Sonos link to other amazon smart devices
Question

My Alexa dit’s is recognising my plugs & lights for voice control activation but my Sonos is saying the devices can’t be found. How do I resolve??

One zone has decided to not like Alexa

Set up Lounge room- echo dot- Sonos play bar and 2 play 3s (surrounds ) Kitchen- play 1 + play one (with Alexa, grouped as I cannot stereo pair as they are not the same model) Bedroom 1 - echo dot...

Audio actions in routines are currently not supported on this device

I have set up a simple 2 step routing to turn on two smart plugs simultaneously through Alexa. This works 100% find on a dot but I get an audio recording of "Audio actions in routines are currently no...

Sonos One + Alexa (Europe)

Hey guys, I live in Portugal and Alexa isn't available yet. Is there any way get Sonos+Alexa working? I've seen a lot of tutorials but they are all about the Amazon Eco. Thanks for the help! Luis

Alexa started adding “playing on Sonos” to all her responses
Question

I have been using a Sonos one and Sonos Beam since each were released. In just this last week, when requesting music using Alexa on both of these devices, Alexa has started adding “now playing on Sono...

Sonos one Gen 2 issues
Question

Anyone running Sonos one Gen2 and having issues that every so often after making an Alexa command that the unit will stutter and drop off the wifi? I have 3 units and all three are doing it intermitte...

Alexa Multiroom music simultaneously on Sonos and Echo devices

In September 2018 Amazon released the AVS Device SDK that allows Alexa enabled 3rd party speakers to use Alexa Multiroom Music (MRM). This means Amazon now supports music played from Echo speakers and...

"Alexa" in Denmark

When will "Alexa" be available in Denmark

Sonos and Alexa ducking

Hi everyone, I know this has been covered extensively but I'm mighty confused, so please bear with me (and help if you can!). I have a Sonos One in our kitchen, a Sonos Connect in our bedroom, and ou...

Voice control of personal music collection via Plex with Sonos One (and Alexa enabled devices)

TLR - You can now request a personal music collection by voice from a Plex media server. well, I'm starting to get somewhere on having non-streaming services work on my Sonos One (and other Alexa dev...

No Music Plays After Alexa Command
Question

If I ask Alexa to play music from a specific artist, the typical response is “shuffling songs by [artist name] from [my name’s] Spotify on Sonos.” Then no music plays. How do I troubleshoot this?

Volume problems with Alexa
Answered

I want to talk to my Echo Dot and have Alexa respond to me through a Play:1. In order to make this happen, I had to hook up the Dot to a Connect:Amp, use the controller to have the Play:1 play from t...

Beam, ARC and Music
Question

Have a Beam with a TCL TV ARC input. Works flawlessly with voice- except when music is sent to the Beam. Then, it takes a number of "Alexa turn on the Living Room TV" tries to get it to respond (I al...

Sonos Beam/One responding to commands meant for Echo Show: ESP/Device Arbitration issues
Answered

I have an Echo Show in the kitchen, Beam in the living room, and a Sonos One in my bedroom. If I stand 1ft from the Show and issue a command, the Show, Beam (15ft from the Show), and sometimes the One...

Lifx skill

Im aware that sonos alexa skill for lifx lighting does not work, just wondering if and when there is likely to be an update as i find it frustrating it was sold to me on the basis it does everything t...

Presets (Sonos One)
Answered

Is there a way to create Alexa presets on Sonos One ? i.e.: Play 1 --> would play defined TuneIn station, Play 2 --> would play defined Spotify playlist...etc

Alexa Skill - Amazon Not Connecting to Sonos Website

I'm trying to set up the Alexa Sonos Skill, and keep getting the following message. I've waited and tried multiple times to do the skill, and keep getting the same message over and over. I'm logged...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings