Welcome to Amazon Alexa and Sonos

Your one stop shop for using Amazon Alexa with Sonos.

346 Topics

Alexa + Sonos: How it Works

So you’ve read all about https://en.community.sonos.com/forum-228971/alexa-now-playing-on-sonos-6791301 and you want to know more. Here’s a rundown of how the integration works. Your Amazon Alexa dev...

New to Sonos or Alexa? How to set up

So you have an Alexa device and Sonos players, where do you go next? 1. Make sure your Sonos and Alexa devices are all powered up and connected to the network. If you're new to Sonos, this means Ins...

Getting Ready for Sonos One

If you’re as excited about the new https://en.community.sonos.com/forum-228971/introducing-the-new-sonos-one-6791304 as we are, you’ll want to make sure you’re ready to go the moment you pick it up on...

No Alexa
Question

Am I the only one that hates the idea of Alexa on my Sonos? I just want my music to play on my Sonos. I don’t need some device listening to me. Music. That’s all I want.

Pairing a Play:1 with the new Sonos One
Answered

Can this be done? Will it sound the same in stereo? I don’t need two microphoned speakers surely.

Apple Music via Amazon Alexa
Question

I am one of the many I am sure, to have purchased an Amazon Alexa after Sonos recent update. I also signed up to Apple Music once integrated with Sonos awhile back, but I am unable to link Apple Musi...

Sonos One not playing Alexa output
Question

I am using the Sonos One I received today. I’ve got everything set up properly I believe but here’s the issue I’m having... the music plays fine through sonos app and commands but any non sonos comman...

How to get Alexa to tell Sonos to access my Local Music
Question

All my music is stored on my computer, I don't use streaming services. The Sonos app is able to access my music and playlists, but using Alexa, all I can find are commands to access streaming service...

Plays one song on Sonos when I ask Alexa to play music -then stops :(
Question

so now I have both echo dots playing through both my sonos - one in bedroom and one in kitchen - however when I ask Alexa - play rock music on bedroom - one song gets played then the music stops - wh...

Alexa mutes speakers
Question

So, I'm upstairs in the shower listening to my morning podcast and it mutes itself every 10 seconds. Come to find out my wife was in the kitchen using Alexa to make a shopping list. How do I turn...

Sonos Shows as offline in Amazon Alexa App and wont play to Sonos Play 3
Question

Hello, Needing some help, My sonos play 3 is all connected upto Alexa and Sonos however, I cant control it via Alexa as it keeps saying my Sonos is Offline. Sonos is working fine via the Sonos App a...

Alexa lowering volume
Question

How do I stop Alexa turning down the volume in all the rooms rather than the one it is in? Listening in one room kids using Alexa in another volume up down up down up down.....,

Controlling Amazon Music via Sonos App
Question

Can you control Amazon Music songs that are playing via your Sonos system, in the Sonos app? I've got a Connect Amp which plays via ceiling speakers in my kitchen. This zone is named "Kitchen". I c...

Sonos + Alexa First Impressions

After receiving the big marketing email pushing Sonos + Alexia integration and taking advantage of the Echo Dot discount offer I have a some early thoughts/opinions to share: --Setup Setting up an Ec...

New Sonos One with Alexa: Can it pair with an existing Play: 1?
Answered

If I buy a new Sonos 1 with Alexa capability/mic, will it be able to pair with my Sonos 1 without Alexa for stereo?

Alexa and Spotify
Question

Can you please give an update when Spotify will be available through the Alexa / Sonos setup. I’d like to get an alexa dot for my daughter’s birthday by way of controlling her Sonos speaker. “Soon” i...

Stops after one song
Answered

Updated my Play 5 and link to Alexa dot but will only play one song, even after forgetting all devices, still only one song?

Napster with Alexa

Will Alexa be able to work with Napster

Alexa volume control
Question

I don't have any problems with any voice control commands after setting up Alexa except volume control. "When I say Alexa, turn up Living Room" Alexa responds with "Living Room doesn't support that"....

Sonos ducking with Alexa integration works poorly with multiple Alexas and Multiple Sonos zones

Many people have talked about ducking and the use of line in, so I won't go into detail. Discussed here: https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/amazon-dot-and-play-5-line-in...

Incorrect time zone
Question

When asked “Alexa what time is it?” my newly installed Sonos smart one replies incorrectly for the UK I.e. 8 hours ago whereas all of my other amazon Alexa devices reply with the correct UK time. How...

Sonos and Alexa and Spotify: not working after successful setup
Question

After successful setup, I would like to play a song on the Sonos device in kitchen by e.g. Madonna: Me: 'Alexa, play madonna in the kitchen' Alexa: 'I can't find any songs by Madonna' But there are o...

Alexa and Sonos together?
Question

I can't get Alexa to successfully play a playlist on Sonos. I have set up everything and can play songs on Sonos. However, beyond that, Alexa is not doing anything to control my Sonos configuration....

Can't get Echo to work with my Play 5s
Question

I have two Play 5s paired as a stereo pair named "Lounge". All Sonos apps running on my Mac devices were upgraded to 8.1 this weekend. I received a new Echo Dot two days ago. I've set it up with both...

Echo Dot --> Sonos Tunein silent
Question

Hello, I have 2 Echo Dots that work fine on their own. I have a Sonos surround system downstairs, Play 1 upstairs. I've connected everything with the Alexa skill for Sonos. I've eliminated any naming...

Badges

• Badge
    JoeyG4939 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    jeff_151 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    george99 earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    Ken Esq earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    AndH81 earned the badge Meet and greet
View all "Badges"