Welcome to Amazon Alexa and Sonos

Your one-stop shop for discussing Amazon Alexa with Sonos. How do you add Amazon Alexa to Sonos One or Beam? How do you pair an Echo device with a Sonos speaker? Get your answers here.

3043 Topics

Resolving (the majority) of Issues with Alexa on Sonos

This thread is intended to help get you going if you get stuck setting up Alexa with Sonos, or if you have run into any errors. The setup process does use two different apps, so don’t stress if you’re...

Alexa and Sonos Megathread

Since the first introduction in October 2017, we've been hard at work with the Amazon Alexa team to improve the Sonos skill and Alexa-enabled Sonos speakers. We're constantly fine-tuning and adding ne...

Alexa + Sonos: How it Works

So you’ve read all about Amazon Alexa working with Sonos and you want to know more. Here’s a rundown of how the integration works. Your Amazon Alexa devices are listening for you to say the wake word...

New to Sonos or Alexa? How to set up

So you have an Alexa device and Sonos players, where do you go next? 1. Make sure your Sonos and Alexa devices are all powered up and connected to the network. If you're new to Sonos, this means Ins...

"There was a problem adding Alexa"

Hello, I've just purchased a Beam and Sonos One and went through the installation process. I'm having a lot of trouble activating Voice Services on both of them, as I keep getting the "There was a p...

Alexa Dot and Sonos
Answered

Is the Alexa dot compatible with Sonos system? Can you play your Spotify music on Sonos via Alexa dot? Or do I need the Alexa spot? And does someone know if Alexa can create a shopping list for exampl...

Sonos One - Bitterly dissapointed. Return or investment for the future?

Hi, Normally I would not have a title as negative as this but I'm an hour in to opening my birthday present this morning - a Sonos One and rewind a few years when I was a little more hot headed I thi...

Alexa keeps asking to enable the Skill
Question

So I've recently got a Sonos One. Set it up, works fine with the Sonos App, all I want really. Figured I'd give the whole Alexa thing a shot anyway. So I went through the setup. Logged in with Sonos,...

Will Alexa work in a 5.1 Setup with playbar and Ones?
Answered

I have a 5.1 setup with a playbar, 2xPlay1 and subwoofer. Further more some Play Ones in other rooms. Im thinking about replacing the 2xPlay1 with Ones. But will Alexa work in the 5.1 Setup? Or will t...

Echo Dot on Play 1

I'm thinking of moving one of my Play 1s into a small room with limited shelf space. I already have a 3rd gen Echo Dot in that room. Is there any reason (interference, etc.) that I shouldn't set the e...

Ask Alexa to play tv audio on a sono one
Answered

Can I ask Alexa on Sono One to play the sound currently on my playbase that is tv audio? I saw in another forum Alexa doesn't understand grouping.

Sonos One: Gen 2 - Voice Control will not connect
Answered

Hi, I recently purchased a Sonos One: Gen 2 to pair with my existing One: Gen 1. I was able to create a stereo pair with the two and they both amazing together. However, I can't get the Alexa voice c...

Sonos One Alarm Set Through Alexa Not Working

I have an alarm set for every weekday, which I set through Alexa on my Sonos One. The Sonos One is grouped to a Play1. The alarm setting shows in the Alexa app as being set and on, yet it the alarm...

Apple Music support for Alexa on Sonos
Question

Alexa as of today now supports Apple Music. Is there an ETA on adding AM support to Alexa on Sonos?

Apple Music with Alexa
Answered

Here in the uk I can now add Apple Music as the default music service on the Alexa app. However when I ask my sonos beam to play music it still uses amazon music. It says it can’t use Apple Music if I...

Alexa

Hi, I have a sonos 5 and 2 play 3's around 2 years old - My wife wants to add and Alexa - Could someone please recommend a model which is compatible with what I got - Cheers in advance guys

Alexa Voice Commands for Apple Music
Answered

Will the ability to control Apple Music through Alexa Voice commands ever come to Sonos?

Why it's noth worth the bluetooth on sonos ?

Sonos may play music streaming and music stored on your pc and smathphone through the wi fiSo you will not spend a lot of battery and the quality of sound is much better many peolpe prefer speaker tha...

Voice control alarm
Question

I used to be able to turn off an alarm set up through the Sonos controller using Alexa. This seems to have suddenly- a few weeks ago - stopped working. Advice? Anyone else notice the change?

Alexa Echo Dot with Playbar functions.

Hello all, after using my new Sonos One in the Kitchen I'm a convert to voice control!. I have dug my Echo Dot out of it's slumber and set it up as a "Group" in the Living Room with my Playbar 5:1 sy...

Alexa only partially controls tv, won't turn on or off but will launch apps and control tv
Question

Was working for awhile, I made no changes, then suddenly when I would ask Alexa to turn on the tv I would get "I had trouble communicating with provider check your devices network connection and power...

Extremely disappointed! Alexa will not read Kindle books on Sonos One!
Question

I did not realize when i purchased my four Sonos Ones, a Sub, and a Beam that Alexa would not be able to read Kindle books! Then, lo and behold, I searched this community and found multiple topics cr...

sonos one alexa skills resume from the start of a track.
Question

Wondering if anyone else noticed this or has any suggestions. On the Echos if you pause and resume an audio skill it resumes from where you paused. The Sonos one always starts from the beginning....

Bean Alexa whisper mode
Answered

At night how can I get Alexa on my Beam to quietly reply. She gets really loud.

Alexa and Tidal
Answered

So I'm thinking of getting a couple of Sonos Ones and the Beam. But I use Tidal. Does Alexa work with Tidal?

Badges

• Badge
    nick205 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Dieselgarfie earned the badge Carving it out I
  • Badge
    Misfit earned the badge Round of Applause
  • Badge
    The Rat earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    chiuyang95 earned the badge Meet and greet
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings