Welcome to Amazon Alexa and Sonos

Your one-stop shop for discussing Amazon Alexa with Sonos.

2240 Topics

Alexa + Sonos: How it Works

So you’ve read all about Amazon Alexa working with Sonos and you want to know more. Here’s a rundown of how the integration works. Your Amazon Alexa devices are listening for you to say the wake word...

Use Sonos One to control Fire TV with Alexa

Finding something to watch can be as easy as saying “Alexa, show me comedies." Use your Sonos One to control what’s playing on your Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick by following these steps: First, s...

Resolving (the majority) of Issues with Alexa on Sonos

This thread is intended to help get you going if you get stuck setting up Alexa with Sonos, or if you have run into any errors. The setup process does use two different apps, so don’t stress if you’re...

New to Sonos or Alexa? How to set up

So you have an Alexa device and Sonos players, where do you go next? 1. Make sure your Sonos and Alexa devices are all powered up and connected to the network. If you're new to Sonos, this means Ins...

Voice service: Not available in your country??

Just bought a Sonon One in Singapore - It is advertised to have Alexa voice service but upon setup the app simply state: Voice service, not available in your country? Is this correct, how do i get i...

How to activate Alexa mics on Sonos One surrounds?
Answered

I have a Beam with two Sonos One surrounds, and it's my understanding that the mics on the Sonos Ones are by default OFF, and that the Beam is the only one with mic input for Alexa. Is there a way to...

No sound
Question

When I ask Alexa to play music she says shuffling songs but nothing plays

Alexa not the best

I have been working with SONOS, Amazon and Tune-In Radio for weeks trying to get Alexa to pull up the correct station when a call is made. I've given up. I'm not too impressed though the SONOS sound...

Sonos One Alexa upgrade.

Having been a long time Bose user I switched to Sonos a couple of years ago and have absolutely loved everything from the simplicity to the quality of music. I was going to replace my Play Bar with a...

Beam vs Alexa Echo Plus - Music only heard through Beam.

Just setup Beam soundbar & Beam soundbar. Alexa plays through soundbar, but no longer through Echo. Additionally, can all sound from Beam play through Echo i.e., TV sound?!

Beam - Alexa Integration Issues (Device Location and Device Time Zone)

Not making any significant progress with Sonos Support after submitting problem details 2 weeks ago and a Diagnostics submission just after that so posting this to see if anyone else has similar issue...

Sonos One alternate Alexa "wake word" change

I was going to buy a pair of Sonos ones when they first came out but the inability to change the "wake word" from Alexa was a deal breaker for me as I already have a multi-room Sonos/Echo/Alexa Home a...

1 Sonos One - 2 Displayed in Alexa account
Answered

My single Sonos One is having some issues. In my Alexa account under devices, 2 are displayed, called Sonos One, and Bath, which I gave it when first set up. They show different serial numbers in the...

Alexa not working
Question

Hi. Anyone know the fix for Alexa not responding at all? I have two at home, the other unit is the same (Sonos One) and it's working fine. Thanks.

Napster with Alexa

Will Alexa be able to work with Napster

Alexa voice volume too loud
Answered

Hi there, I already read some posts about other people heaving problems with alexa's voice volume on the Sonos One. Some say it's not loud enough, when they have low music playing. Some say it's too...

Spotify on my sonos beam issue

If you are having this message "this is not supported on this device " then you must go to the alexa app and in the settings tab go to smart devices and search and add your back into the list. It will...

Alexa Name - Wake word

So I've read all the posts about the inability of Sonos to change the wake word. The branding of Alexa Enabled Device, is the get out of jail free card, meaning its not a 'full' Amazon Alexa Voice Ser...

How to set up Alexa in an unsupported geo/country - should you be so inclined.....

I have recently joined the SONOS family. When my four SONOS Ones arrived I was keen to get Alexa up and going through my SONOS speakers everywhere I could. However, imagine my surprise when when I go...

Sonos Beam Voice Commands
Question

Is there any way to use voice commands (such as play music, volume up/down, stop, night-mode) on the Sonos beam without using/enabling Alexa? I love the soundbar, but after an unfortunate few events...

Can't play Spotify on Sonos One with Alexa
Answered

Alexa either won't recognize playlists- mistakes "work out," for "work," (I don't have a work out playlist). Or if asked to play an artist, states "shuffling music by [artist]" but then nothing actua...

Alexa not working with Sonos ZP 120??
Question

I just integrated Alexa via amazon echo dot...it's working fine with my Sonos rooms featuring Play:1 and ZP90. However, one of my rooms features a ZP120 connected to speakers and Alexa doesnt recogniz...

Long-Form Audio Plays on Beam but NOT One???
Question

Hello, I'm a relatively new Sonos owner with two Beams and a single One in my bedroom. The Ambient Sounds and Sleep Sounds skills work great on the Beams (living room and family room TVs), but the One...

Spotify and Alexa not working in one room

Hi guys. I have 7 sonos one speakers in 4 installations. 2 pairs, one pair with a beam and a single Sonos one I bought yesterday. Everywhere else can play Spotify through Alexa but when I try and do...

Room names keep reverting to old locations

After an initial successful setup with two Sonos Ones, I have recently expanded my Sonos setup using a Beam and two Play:1. This has led to me moving the Ones to other rooms. I’ve renamed them, and r...

Badges

• Badge
    atlas117 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    jpatdaley earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Paul_284 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    WSC3 earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    Alexturton earned the badge Almost Famous
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings