Welcome to Amazon Alexa and Sonos

Your one-stop shop for discussing Amazon Alexa with Sonos. How do you add Amazon Alexa to Sonos One or Beam? How do you pair an Echo device with a Sonos speaker? Get your answers here.

2918 Topics

Resolving (the majority) of Issues with Alexa on Sonos

This thread is intended to help get you going if you get stuck setting up Alexa with Sonos, or if you have run into any errors. The setup process does use two different apps, so don’t stress if you’re...

Alexa and Sonos Megathread

Since the first introduction in October 2017, we've been hard at work with the Amazon Alexa team to improve the Sonos skill and Alexa-enabled Sonos speakers. We're constantly fine-tuning and adding ne...

Alexa + Sonos: How it Works

So you’ve read all about Amazon Alexa working with Sonos and you want to know more. Here’s a rundown of how the integration works. Your Amazon Alexa devices are listening for you to say the wake word...

New to Sonos or Alexa? How to set up

So you have an Alexa device and Sonos players, where do you go next? 1. Make sure your Sonos and Alexa devices are all powered up and connected to the network. If you're new to Sonos, this means Ins...

How to disable Spotify Autoplay with Alexa

Hi all, I have been using Sonos with Alexa and Spotify for ages now. When I say "Alexa, play Stairway to heaven", it plays it just fine on my Echo, then stops. (no autoplay) When I say "Alexa, pla...

Sonos one Alexa integration
Question

Had a sonos one linked to my amazon music account controlled using the Alexa voice services for about 15 months and had experienced no problems playing playlists and shuffling music. In the last 3 mon...

Sonos Ones stereo pair issue

Hi, I have several Sonos Ones in my house. Whenever we have friends over I unplug two of the speaker to make a stereo pair using the Sonos app. It works very well. However when I unplug the speake...

Alexa- 'sorry that device is offline'
Answered

Having problems playing Spotify through voice control, Alexa saying 'sorry, that device is off line'. No problems playing through an app control. Deeply frustrating! Any help welcome!

Please revisit the Amazon Music availability in Canada

I heard the Amazon music was going to Sonos in early 2018. However, here we are past the mid point. Anything we can do to speed this up. We can have Amazon Alexa but not Amazon Music?

Alexa
Answered

My Alexa responds to my voice and if I ask a question (example) play the killers it responds playing the killers on living room but no sound. If I select it on the app it plays?

Room names keep reverting to old locations
Answered

After an initial successful setup with two Sonos Ones, I have recently expanded my Sonos setup using a Beam and two Play:1. This has led to me moving the Ones to other rooms. I’ve renamed them, and r...

When will true compatibility with Alexa & Sonos be available?

I have Sonos in virtually every room and it is used daily to play the radio, streaming music and most importantly music from my NAS. Can someone tell me: When i can use Alexa to play my music from my...

My sonos one microphones are not active
Answered

I think on the initial set up sonos "de-activated" the 2 x one speakers I had and made only the beam the active speaker to make Alexa more efficient. That's the only one that has a light on the speak...

Alexa gone after restart?
Question

I had my Sonos ONE setup and all was good including Alexa. She was talking away. Had a Sonos with a DHCP address. As part of my home automation system I wanted all devices to have IP reservations s...

Alexa

Hi, I have a sonos 5 and 2 play 3's around 2 years old - My wife wants to add and Alexa - Could someone please recommend a model which is compatible with what I got - Cheers in advance guys

Sonos Beam Alexa not responding
Question

I have the issue that Alexa is not responding. The microphone is on. It works for a couple of hours after I redo the setup process of Alexa in the Sonos App but then it stops working. No response at...

Alexa woes

Hi, newbie,so be nice..having problems with echo input and sonos5, if i ask it for example to "play radio one to sonos" it works, but if i ask Alexa a question it seems the input is active but i get n...

Alexa talks over beginning of track

When I ask Alexa to play a track, it acknowledges the request vocally but the music starts before Alexa has finished its acknowledgement. So the first fre notes are masked. Any way to pause the beginn...

Alexa voice volume linked to Sonos volume? Need independent control

It seems the volume of the Alexa voice is linked directly to the volume of the Sonos One unit. That means if I'm playing quiet music in the background, and I activate Alexa, I can't really hear her vo...

Alexa voice volume too loud

Hi there, I already read some posts about other people heaving problems with alexa's voice volume on the Sonos One. Some say it's not loud enough, when they have low music playing. Some say it's too...

Alexa is not working on one set of my sonos one speakers.
Answered

My other sonos one speakers work fine. The speakers having problems worked fine for the last year but now when I say Alexa all it says is “ I am having trouble understanding you right, now please try...

Sonos One and Audio Device in Routine Not Supported on this Device

When triggering a routine within Alexa she announces that "audio device in routine is not supported on this device", and then carries out whats in the routine. How do I get rid of this "announcment"?

Why is Alexa no longer responding?
Question

Alexa has stopped responding, when I say "Alexa......" How do you fix this?

Alexa stops playing music
Question

When playing Pandora radio or Amazon Music radio from Alexa sometimes it stops playing after songs and I have to give Alexa the command, "Alexa play Pandora radio in Family Room", for it to resume pla...

Sonos Beam won't turn Samsung tv on or off

My Beam won't turn my tv (Samsung UE55JU6800) on or off via Alexa voice command. Voice command works for other functions (volume adjust, mute etc) its just the on/off that isn't working. When I say...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings