Welcome to Amazon Alexa and Sonos

Your one stop shop for using Amazon Alexa with Sonos.

1699 Topics

Disable Sonos One Alexa from playing a sound when I say "Alexa"

I just set up a Sonos One with Alexa and the sound is noticeably better than the Amazon Echo. On the Sonos One though, each and every time I call "Alexa" it plays some kind of acknowledgement tone....

Alexa and Sonos

Hi, Alexa works fairly well on our 2 one but not so good on the play 5 via our echo dot, among other things, we are not able to start a tune in radio station on the play 5 via the echo dot, everytime...

Sonos One is showing as offline on Alexa app

My Sonos one is working with Alexa, but won't link to Spotify and is showing as offline on the Alexa app even though it is is online. E.g. I can add to the shopping list but via Sonos/Alexa but it doe...

Echo and 2 play:5 devices

Hello, I have 2 play 5 and just got a dot and was wondering what the preferred set up is? Line out running to 1 speaker and use the stereo pairing or just use the Sonos Alexa skill? Thanks

Why does Sonos Play 3 Sound Better When Played From Echo compared to Sonos App

I bought a pair of Sonos play 3 and I play music off of them(in stereo pair) with my Amazon echo, specifically my Amazon music cloud library. This is using wifi, no wires. The sound is excellent. I...

Multi room

So.......... I have a sonos one in the kitchen (with built in Alexa). I have just purchased an amazon echo for the bedroom (also Alexa). I can be in the bedroom and ask Alexa to play music in the kitc...

Why cant i add Amazon to Sonos.. but Alexa lets me do it by voice?

Ok.. first off Im in Canada, which Sonos and Amazon forget has 30 million people. Next.. How come i can say "Alexa play jazz in the office" and it plays my Amazon prime music, BUT when i go to the Son...

Spotify playback via Alexa is always 'shuffled'

I recently shuffled a Spotify Playlist via Alexa, with the command 'shuffle release radar playlist on office'. This worked OK, but now whenever I attempt to play back any Spotify Album via Alexa, it i...

Apple Music via Amazon Alexa

I am one of the many I am sure, to have purchased an Amazon Alexa after Sonos recent update. I also signed up to Apple Music once integrated with Sonos awhile back, but I am unable to link Apple Musi...

Alexa doesn't do much - what is wrong?!

Apologies if this issue has already been addressed in another post - but hoping someone can offer some guidance... I've set up my Sonos One, downloaded the apps (Sonos and Alexa) and everything appea...

Alexa & Follow-up Mode

Alexa recently added follow-up mode. Any idea if this will be available in a software update for Sonos? I checked and it is available in my old Echo and Dots. https://www.digitaltrends.com/home/amazo...

Alexa to read Kindle ebooks on Sonos ONE?

Hello! Is there any compatibility coming soon for Alexa to read my Kindle ebooks or Audiobooks on Sonos ONE? Would really like for this to happen soon. I may have to buy a dot to achieve this but I...

Sonos One

Is it possible to ask Alexa to play a ‘playlist’ - i have lots of playlists ie kitchen music and have tried to ask Alexa to play but have been unsuccessful - is it me or does Sonos One not have this f...

Alexa only playing one song through Sonos then STOPS

I ask alexa to play an artist in in the living room. The first songs plays... and then nothing..... It seems like SONOS is not playing the alexa Que?

Connecting an echo dot

I was wondering if there was a way to connect the dot and make all sound from the dot speaker come out of the sonos speakers. Currently I have a playbar and 2 Sonos Ones as surround speakers. I use...

Control Fire TV via Sonos One now available in UK

Amazon have now released the functionality to control Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Sticks via voice control in the UK. (This functionality was only available in the US until now) If you have a Fire T...

Alexa lowering volume

How do I stop Alexa turning down the volume in all the rooms rather than the one it is in? Listening in one room kids using Alexa in another volume up down up down up down.....,

Sonos One doesn’t stop playing music

Could anyone be of help, I would be grateful. Have two Sonos one’s in stereo and the in past few days when I ask Alexa to stop playing one speaker fails to stop. Everything was working O.K until thi...

Alexa Follow Up mode coming?

https://www.theverge.com/2018/3/9/17101330/amazon-alexa-follow-up-mode-back-to-back-requests This features is going to be so nice, I'm guessing Sonos will get this added over time as well?

Alexa voice volume compared to music volume.

Hello everyone. I have two Play 1's and a new Sonos one I got for christmas. Here is my setup. I have the two Play 1's setup in my living room and the Sonos one setup in my kitchen for Alexa & music....

Alexa echo Plus and Sonos

I can control Sonos One (bedroom) and Sonos Playbar (Den) with Alexa Echo Plus - no problem. My question is weather I can play same music on all three devices at the same time.

Can you link an Echo Dot to a specific Sonos speaker?

I hooked up a dot in my kitchen?”, which has a Play:5. I want to be able to just say “Play music” and not “Play music in Kitchen”. I’d also prefer if Alexa spoke through the Sonos speaker all the...

Audio Actions not currently supported

When I give Alexa a command on my Sonos One, for example "Alexa, Good Morning" she says "Audio actions are not currently supported on this device" but then strangely she carries out the associated act...

Sonos Alexa Integration India

I am form Mumbai, India. I have been using Sonos with Alexa integration till yesterday, until Amazon launched Alexa services in India. To get the local skills I had my Amazon marketplace for Alexa cha...

Sonos ONE India

Just got a Sonos One from UK but app says Voice Services not yet available in India; also Alexa added Sonos skill but unable to detect device. Is there a timeline when Sonos likely to enable voice for...

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Recently online