Skip to main content

Sonos One microphone stopped working.

Alexa still announces reminders, yet it does not respond to voice commands. The microphone has been turned off and on; the device has been unplugged and restarted; I even went as far as restoring the device to factory settings (which I have learned may not have been the best idea). I also deleted the Alexa service and then added the service back with the speaker announcing that the service has been “successfully added and the device is ready to use.” Microphone is still dead. 

Just literally got of the phone with Sonos. Apparently, it’s a known issue with Android device. 
I simply use my Apply device, downloaded and logon to SONOs app, and finally able to install voice assistant etc. 

OMG, it’s such a simple fix, but not made known. 

Hi could you explain a bit more about the simple fix for the microphone please?  I'm a bit confused about the apply log on? Thank you 

Just to leave my own experiences here… I can’t reproduce the problem. I use a Sonos One on latest S1 iOS app and firmware. I can add Alexa as voice assistant service and she can hear me. So microphone obviously is working. 😉

Alexa app btw is up to date and Sonos skill activated. 

Hi could you explain a bit more about the simple fix for the microphone please?  I'm a bit confused about the apply log on? Thank you 

Logon to your SONOS account in the SONOS app, installed on iphone

I am unable to use the microphone on my beam and both Sonos one speakers. My Sonos move is fine. What is the purpose of having microphones on these items If you cannot use them and utilize the true play tuning? I do not use Alexa or any other voice services. It was working fine for years and then just stopped! I rebooted the products, unplugged the products, reinstalled software, etc. This is a huge disappointment from this product! I would not recommend anyone purchase these products until Sonos gets their act together

@Ntrlvr34 

Are you using the Android controller app? I think so as you are talking about speaker microphones to be used for trueplay. That is just supported for Era speakers. 
If you want to run trueplay for your mentioned speakers you need to use an compatible Apple device. This way you use the microphone of the apple device and not of your speakers. 

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/tune-your-sonos-speakers-with-trueplay

I use an iPhone. The microphones on my Sonos ones as well as the beam were working a few days ago. They detect ambient sound in the room and adjust speakers accordingly correct? If I’m missing something, please let me know. Thank you very much for responding.

True play is still available on my beam as well as my Sonos ones and my Sonos move. Here are the screenshots.

@Ntrlvr34

Imo everything looks like expected on your system. If there is no voice assistant active on the speaker, the microphones will be inactive, because they aren’t needed for trueplay. Using extended iOS trueplay setup even not for the tp setup itself. 
For the mobile speaker thats different… there the microphone is active for continuous trueplay use.