Welcome to Home theater

Discuss Beam, Playbar, Playbase, and the entire Sonos home theater experience.

5697 Topics

Home Theater and Television Recommendation Megathread

Looking for information on Sonos home theater setups? Find answers about surround sound, Dolby Digital, TV recommendations, and all the rest to get the best possible theater experience on Sonos here....

Enabling CEC on your TV for Beam

Sonos Beam, the smart, compact soundbar for your TV is now available. We've collected some of the best resources for Beam in the thread here so that it'll help you find the answers you might be lookin...

Is it possible to have a 7.1 setup containing all Sonos components?
Answered

I have tried researching this but have found very little info that wasn't very helpful. I have Playbar, Sub, and two Play 1s in rear. (5.1) I would like to add two Play 3s on either side of my Playbar...

How do i know when my 5.1 surround is working or its in stereo.

I have just bought a sound bar ,sub woofer and 2 Sonos Ones speakers ,the problem is when playing a blue ray disc there is not much sound coming from the back speakers and no effects coming from them...

TV sound to my Play 3 as well?
Question

Hi! I have a Playbar and two Play 3's. I am using the Playbar to listen to my TV sound but sometimes group all the speakers together and listen to music. I would like to make it so my Play 3 outputs...

Room with 1 x Sonos Beam and 4 x Sonos Play:1
Answered

I try to create this configuration: Room name: "Living Room" 1 x Sonos Beam 4 x Sonos Play:1, preferably in surround configuration. my controller is on an Android phone. The main problem that I...

Sonos Beam + Sonos Connect volume control issues

Hi guys, Would appreciate advice on how best to setup. I have a new Samsung TV wherein Sonos Beam is connected via HDMI-ARC and built-in room speakers that are plugged to Sonos-Connect. Issue: Buil...

Pairing Bar with TCL Roku TV - Can't control sound
Question

I connect my Sonos sound bar using optical cable to a TCL Roku TV. I can't get the tv remote to control the sound on the bar. I was able to do it with my previous Samsung TV. I tried the remote con...

Play 3 music pulsing

I had read this being a problem with the playbar but I am also experiencing a pulsing effect on just the play 3s while isolated from the playbar and sub. At loud volume playing more aggressive style...

Sonos Beam + 42LV5500 - ARC connection not recognised

I understand a lot of people are suffering a similar problem, but it seems to be for newer TVs. I've had a look through other threads and have: - turned on SIMPLINK (the TV doesn't recognise any devic...

If you're experiencing audio delay issues, read this
Answered

I've been living with lip sync issues (audio behind the video) since I got my Playbar about a year ago but I finally decided to do something about it. After multiple conversations with Sonos support a...

Intermittent tv audio skipping

Every 20 or so minutes my audio intermittently skips for ~5-10 seconds. I submitted a diagnostic immediately after the last time it happened. My code is 715368047.

Beam - Mute and Stay Muted. Ideas? Request for Enhancement?

I have an old TV in my family room which will not connect directly to my Sonos Beam, so I have optically connected the Beam to my Sky HD box. I have a second TV in my kitchen that uses a magic eye con...

Beam: General Questions
Answered

Hi All, I'm considering switching from my Samsung HW-K550 to the new Sonos Beam. I have some questions before I do though - please feel free to answer any as appropriate! Thanks in advance! 1. My HW...

Help with DVD / bluray 5.1

I have a sonos 5.1 setup (plabar, 2x play 1 and sub) in the TV room and it sounds amazing. I got the sub last week and can't believe how good it is! I have an appleTV 4K connected via HDMI to my LG...

How do I connect my magic remote for LG OLED 55B7V to Sonos Playbar?
Answered

Hi, I have connected sonos and it works from the app for music easily, I have tried setting the magic remote but it won’t see the signal from the controller. I’ve changed the Simplink to off, set audi...

LG TV not playing through Beam
Answered

I have just bought the Beam and I am having trouble getting it to work with my LG UHD TV. I've set the Beam up through the Sonos up just fine and it plays music from my phone, but I just can't get the...

Playbar crackling sound
Answered

I have a 5.1 setup (playbar, sub, 2 play:1s). Recently, the playbar has a crackling and static like sound coming out of it when I watching cable tv (cox). I have an optical cable running from the pla...

fios remote

fios remote does not work on playbar unless within 5 feet..anyone recommend a universal remote?

PS4 buzzing and sound cuts in and our
Answered

I have a sound bar, sub and 2 play 1. I just hooked up my PS4 pro and getting a intermittent buzz and the sound will cut in and out, so i turned off the PS4 the buzzing stopped but now the sound cuts...

UNIVERSAL REMOTE

Sonos was kind enough to replace my damaged sound bar, solid move by a solid company. After syncing up with the other speakers everything was fine, except, can no longer adjust SONOS volume with FIOS...

Beam and Sonos Ones ARC and DOlby question
Answered

Hi everyone, I am new to the Sonos world and had my beam and 2 x Sonos Ones delivered today and I have a few questions I hope to get some help with. Firstly here is my kit ; Panasonic TXl50E6B, Appl...

Mounting Beam onto TV mount
Answered

I've ordered a Beam as it is seems perfect for my requirements. My TV is on a wall mount bracket above a fireplace. I would like to hang the Beam below my TV as there is no wall below the TV to use...

HDMI, 4K, Atmos and DTS?
Question

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-YSP-1600-MusicCast-Sound-Bar/dp/B013C1USYG http://hometheaterreview.com/yamaha-announces-first-dolby-atmos-soundbar/ Interesting. Love my Sonos, but I'm considering a cha...

How to Connect LG UltraHD UB980 series remote to Playbar

I have a new LG 4K TV with the magic remote. Can you please explain how to get the magic remote to operate the playbar and sub volumes and mute etc. Sonos is not even listed as a manufacturer in the L...

Badges

• Badge
    Slammer earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    smackie earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    orleans704 earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    SandyB earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Yozhyk earned the badge Meet and greet
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings