Welcome to Home theater

Discuss PLAYBAR, PLAYBASE, and the Sonos home theater experience.

5088 Topics

Home Theater and Television Recommendation Megathread

Looking for information on Sonos home theater setups or details on PLAYBAR or PLAYBASE, our home theater solutions? Find answers about surround sound, Dolby Digital, TV recommendations, and all the re...

Sonos Playbar sound issue? Dialogues in movies/shows are not easy to understand fully.

When my wife and I are watching TV, we are noticing that we are having some difficulty fully understanding what the people in the show are saying. It's as if it's not fully clear or as my wife would...

Dolby Atmos

Why did the new Playbase not integrate Dolby Atmos?

CONNECT:AMP as Surround Rears Tutorial
Question

The old how-to tutorial link seems to be dead. Anyone have the detail here? Dead link: https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2248/~/setting-up-connect%3Aamp-as-surround-speakers

If you're experiencing audio delay issues, read this
Answered

I've been living with lip sync issues (audio behind the video) since I got my Playbar about a year ago but I finally decided to do something about it. After multiple conversations with Sonos support a...

Connect Amp for surround speakers that doesn’t have to be wired to Playbar

Like many people I have speakers wired into my ceiling of my living room. There are two speakers which are wired into a closet in a different room which is great because the components are out of sig...

Crackling sound from playbar

Diagnostic number 7486455 Hi team, recently I have been having a few issues with a crackling sound coming from my playbar. I haven't had this happened before and I don't use the speakers on a regula...

5.1 extractor/switch recommendations 2018

Just bought into the sonos ecosystem with a Playbase, My tv(a 2013 Panasonic plasma) outputs only stereo through optical for hdmi sources. So I understand I need a hdmi switch with an extractor to get...

PS3 + Monoprice HDMI switch = PLAYBAR

Like many other PLAYBAR users, my TV does not Output Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound to the PLAYBAR, it would only output stereo. So I purchased the Monoprice 4x1 HDMI Switch with optical Output in h...

Sonos S14 thoughts and wishes

Hi. I actually enlisted all my Sonos for sale, as I think Sonos isn't up to date and actually doesn't have the visions to be (for us surround users) updated, only for multiroom purpose. BUT, now s14...

Onkyo’s receivers will work with Sonos, thanks to upcoming June firmware update

What a news!!!! Thanks to a firmware update coming to a plethora of receivers from Onkyo and its brands — Integra, Pioneer, and Pioneer Elite — they will all work with the Sonos app. The official lis...

out of sync

Hi, folks. I just turned my paired Sonos 1s in our living room on after not having used them for a while and they were out of sync, about 1 second off in playing music from my music library. I unpaire...

Sporadic sound via Samsung 65" Class (64.5" Diag) #UN65MU850DFXZA Plays Netflix with some movies but not others. IR remote topic
Question

Hi all, I've seen this topic a few times but not with my specific TV model #. Refer me to a forum link if this is redundant. My set up: Samsung Smart TV 65" Class (64.5" Diag) #UN65MU850DFXZA playbar,...

Thought on possiblities for new Sonos product announcement on 6/6
Question

So, because I can't stop myself from speculating, I've been thinking about what exactly the new product coming out on 6/6 is going to be. Here is basically what we know about it... - It will have an...

TCL S405 connection to Sonos Play AMP

Having problems getting this to work. Fyi, this is a TV with Roku built in. I've tried connecting standard RCA cables from the TV to the amp, did not work. Have also tried using a digital to analog...

Sub Levels for TV and Music

Similar to Surround, I'd love to see separate Sub levels for TV and Music.

Playbar refresh in 2018?

Is Sonos planning a Playbar refresh in 2018? It'd be great to have a Playbar with updated look matching other Sonos speakers.

SONOS PLAYBAR and OPPO UDP‑203 (DTS to Dolby Digital 5.1)

I’ve been trying to search to see if the OPPO 203 will work for what I want it to do. I have reached out to Oppo and cannot find an answer. I want a bluray player that will be able to play in Dolby V...

New Hardware "Compatibility"...?
Answered

I've decided 100% I'm getting Sonos for my living room for 5.1, I already have my AVR, speakers and sub for sale. I was going to grab a playbar butthen thought I'd wait until June to see what the anno...

Playbase quality without subwoofer

We have a Bose 1-2-3 in the small family room of our condo. It has a subwoofer, but we are never able to play it very loud as it would disturb people in the next unit. We recently bought the Sonos 1 a...

Hisense / Playbase Audio Sync Problem
Answered

Hello all, I am having a problem syncing the audio and video on my Hisense (Sharp brand) 55H6D tv. I have tried using the sync assist within the app, however this only seems to make things worse. A...

Home theater setup options

I have been an audio Sonos user for many years but have not yet started into the Sonos home theater arena. I have been offered 2 Play:5 Gen 1's from a friend who no longer wants them, and my hope is t...

Playbase TV Optical Input Quiet - Please Fix it Sonos

Hi Sonos and Sonos Community members, I’ve had a playbase for a few months and there is one thing is really annoying and destroying the user experience. I’ve seen a lot of threads about this problem:...

how to make 5.0 setup play as stereo not surround sound?

Hi, I've always preferred having my rear speakers playing the same as the front speakers. This makes the sound fuller in my opinion, especially with vocals coming from all around you. I don't like how...

Playbar TV Input disconnects after a while
Answered

Hello; If I pause my TV for a while my Playbar stops playing the input. Before the last update it would go to 0 volume and then slowy fade up. Now it just doesn’t play at all. I have to go to the Son...

Badges

• Badge
    LeonardoofPisa earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    JPPartida earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Rizo earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    wishu earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    Bob Perry earned the badge Meet and greet
View all "Badges"