Welcome to Home theater

Discuss Beam, Playbar, Playbase, and the entire Sonos home theater experience. How do you set up a Sonos 5.1 system? Which Sonos work with your TV? Ask your home theater questions here.

6474 Topics

Home Theater and Television Recommendation Megathread

Looking for information on Sonos home theater setups? Find answers about surround sound, Dolby Digital, TV recommendations, and all the rest to get the best possible theater experience on Sonos here....

Enabling CEC on your TV for Beam

Sonos Beam, the smart, compact soundbar for your TV is now available. We've collected some of the best resources for Beam in the thread here so that it'll help you find the answers you might be lookin...

Will AMP will improve/work with my setup?
Question

Hi guys! I have a 5.1 home theater with playbase, sub and two play:1. I'm a little jealous of the ARC in the beam. So my question is. Can I add the AMP to my setup just to take advantage of ARC or th...

Best DVD / Blu Ray compatible Player with Beam

I’ve done some research to establish that my current Blu Ray player isn’t compatible with the Beam. I can adjust the player audio settings but that plays just flat stereo and doesn’t take advantage of...

Sonos One, Three, or Five as Center with Sonos Amp
Answered

I have my TV in a large, echoing room. For sound I use a Sonos Amp connected to four in ceiling speakers and a Sonos Sub. The sound is decent when turned up, but dialog is tough to understand unless v...

Sony X850G Remote won't work with Playbar (Bluetooth v IR)

I just recently bought a new Sony television. I've been able to get the remote that comes with it to control the volume on my Playbar if I disable the bluetooth, but doing so disables the voice contro...

Dolby Atmos, Smart TV and Playbar/Playbase

Hi everyone! I know that Sonos playbase/playbar do not reproduce Dolby Atmos, but my question is: Anyone having a modern Smart TV (Atmos compatible) connected to the playbar/playbase have achieved re...

Remote Set Up with LG magic remote
Question

I'm trying to set up a playable with a LG OLED & a magic remote. In the app when asked to press TV then Remote Set Up there is no 'Remote Set Up' button

Scheduling Night mode sound for TV

Is it possible to schedule the night mode sound setting. I would be nice to switch at 09:00PM till 09:00AM to night mode, and the other time in normal mode.

Lip sync, Sonos Beam & Panasonic TV
Question

Hi, I have a Sonos Beam, Sky Q & a Panasonic FX700B 2018 TV and I am having trouble with Lip sync. I am connecting to the HDMI Arc port but in "Normal" sound on the Sky Q box it is slightly delayed,...

Sub (smaller) compatible with Beam...

Hi, I’ve got a Beam and two Ones as rear speakers and would like a sub but can’t justify both the spend and the space required for the only Sonos sub offering. Is a smaller Sub out of the question? Th...

Sub popping sounds

Hi I have recently experienced some popping sounds from the sub. It comes and goes and usually when the music is rather bass heavy (like The Weeknd). It's a deep popping sound that when it's really ba...

Sonos Amp and infrared TV remote
Answered

Hi, I'm planning to get a Sonos Amp and connect it to a TV using the optical audio adapter. Will I be able to control the sound level using the infrared TV remote? Thanks, Regards

Apple TV, Beam + Samsung tv remote hdmi CEC problem

Hi just got a sonos beam. Very satisfied but one thing is very strange. Connected via hdmi arc to my Samsung tv, a ue55ju7005 from 2015. Run with Apple TV into tv to watch tv and more. But since I con...

ARC over cat6

How to send ARC from tv to amp over cat6.

sonos beam audio sync

Here's my setup: sonos beam via HDMI ARC to samsung UN55JS700DF tv. There is a sonos sub attached to my beam. Input is a roku ultimate via HDMI to my TV. I'm having audio sync issues between the T...

Very surprised to see that I cant play any bluray movies that we rent on my playbar with 5.1 surround sound.

I bought playbar and 2 play:1 for dolby surround 5.1 experience replacing my old onkyo receiver with 5.1 surround speaker system. I paid close to 1000$ for this system. So far so good and I removed my...

Add ability to schedule night mode on a Playbar...

With a child's bedroom above my living room (where I have my Playbar) I want to be able to schedule my Playbar to go into night mode at 7pm every evening and allow me to override that through the cont...

Bigger Beam (aka Upgraded Playbar)

Does anyone know if there is any murmurings of a bigger Beam or a upgraded PlayBar? I'm wanting to upgrade in a home theatre, but am willing to wait if there was something in the pipeline. I really wa...

If you're experiencing audio delay issues, read this

I've been living with lip sync issues (audio behind the video) since I got my Playbar about a year ago but I finally decided to do something about it. After multiple conversations with Sonos support a...

5-1-surround-sound
Answered

Hello Sonos Community! I am considering purchasing the 5-1-surround-sound speaker set which incorporates: 1 x Playbase; 1 x Subwoofer; 2 x One speakers. My query is simple, can I easily listen to m...

4K blue ray player

Hello I’m looking for a 4K blue ray player that will support 5.1 output. I’ve got a playbar and two play1’s and a sub. I’m using a ps3 at the minute but am looking to upgrade but don’t want to lose th...

Sonos Beam doesn’t pick up the HDMI signal from my Samsung TV after being switched off/on
Answered

The Beam is connected through the ARC/HDMI port of my 2019 Samsung QE65Q70RALXXN TV and every day I have to activate the Beam using the Sonos app and choose TV. All devices and updated.

Sony XBR49X900F + Sonos Beam 5.1 System
Question

Hello! I recently purchased a Sony XBR49X900F TV and love it. The wife and I would like to create a home theater area while also getting into the Sonos universe. I was about to pull the trigger on a...

no sound from amazon stick
Question

hi my surround won't work with my amazon fire stick and im stumped. Ive got a beam and 2 Sonos ones. thanks for any help

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings