Welcome to Home theater

Discuss the PLAYBAR and the Sonos home theater experience.

3774 Topics

Home Theater and Television Recommendation Megathread

Looking for information on Sonos home theater setups or details on PLAYBAR, our soundbar? Find answers about surround sound, Dolby Digital, TV recommendations, and all the rest to get the best possibl...

Samsung JS/JU Model TVs Audio Issue with PLAYBAR
Answered

We've determined there to be an issue with Dolby Digital playback devices (including the Sonos PLAYBAR) and Samsung televisions in the JS and JU series. An example of a TV model number of this line wo...

Audio dropout on Tivo 30 second skip with Dolby Digital enabled

Equipment: - Tivo Premiere HD - Sony XBR 65X850D TV - Sonos Playbar - Sonos Sub - Sonos S1 [two] Issue: If Tivo has Dolby Digital 5.1 Sound enabled the sound drops out for a few seconds [2...

Playbar with Multiple Subs
Question

Does Sonos plan on updating it's Playbar offering to support multiple (at least 2) Subs? I believe it currently only supports one Sub. I have a Sonos 5.1 configuration (Playbar, 2 Play:1's for rear, a...

HDMI Splitt to L/R Out to Sonos Connect
Question

I have two play 5s and two play 1s that I'd like to stream audio from an appleTV. My AppleTV connects to an HDMI splitter with the video going to the TV and the audio going to a BOSE system currentl...

4K/UHD bluray players that decode DTS to Dolby?
Question

With 4K bluray players starting to emerge now, seems we really need to start keeping straight which ones will allow those of us with Sonos Playbars enjoy some semblance of Dolby sound when certain 4K...

Sonos Playbase Nears Release

http://zatznotfunny.com/2017-02/sonos-playbase-nears-release/

How to connect tv, playbar & DTS converting bluray player together to get DD output
Question

Hi, just purchased the playbar recently and feeling ripped off to be honest as I asked the salesman for the best product for surround sound without going down the full home theater path. Now I realize...

Will there be a delay if I connect iPhone to playbar using 3.5mm to optical cable?

When tv is connected to playbar there is no noticeable delay. Maybe if I connect devices to playbar (vs sonos5), same will apply. What's your experience been ?

Pairing two sonos Play:5 to a TV?
Answered

Hi there. I own two Sonos Play:5 (2gen) and want to pair the two to a TV, is that possible?

How do I connect my iphone via bluetooth to the playbar?
Answered

I want to connect my iphone six to the playbar so I can play music from youtube through my sonos system?

Blu ray players converting DTS to DD
Question

Checking what players work and which don't

Receiver
Question

How can I have my receiver play through my Sonos connect? I want the flexibility to play radio, CD , turntable through the Connect and Sonos 5 that I have.

No sound from TV on playbar

I'm unable to hear sound from my TV through the playbar, I've changed the optical cable, the Ethernet cable and tried changing the channel. I can hear music via Spotify and through Internet radio but...

Hoe to "unbundle" Playbar
Answered

I'm sure this question has been asked many times before. I truly appreciate the help and patience community members show, but I do find it difficult to maneuver in "search". I recently added a Playbar...

Playbar and 5.1 output on a Sharp LC60LE650U

I saw that the optical output on the TV is not capable of outputting 5.1 sound from an HDMI source. Is this still the case? I own a LE60LE650U and when I hook up my Apple TV to the Sharp and then outp...

New Playbar Release Any Indication ?
Question

I bought Play 5 three years ago with objective to expand to home theatre. Its time to buy Playbar, however holding off my purchase for the new release specially HDMI ARC connectivity. tempted drama...

How can I configure LG Magic remote with Sonos playbar. TV Model: 55LM7600
Answered

Tried all options but it doesn't work. Suggestions given on this thread are not applicable as those options don't show up on my TV: http://forums.sonos.com/showthread.php?t=37555.. Very frustrating

Play 5 TV line in problem
Answered

I'm having regular problems playing my TV sound through the line-in on my Play 5. The signal cuts out for sometimes 30 seconds or more and always seems to happen when the source volume is low (for exa...

DTS, Dolby 5.1 on Playbar, 2015 edition!

Hi all I am writing this post in the hope it may help those struggling with the above issue(s). The first topic which appears on this in Google is the post at https://en.community.sonos.com/home-th...

High pitch playbar noise

Hi there, just installed my new playbar. When not emitting music / sound (so when it is powered on but idle) the playbar is emitting a high pitch noise. It's just about audible - but as it is so high...

Recommendation for Entertainment Center/TV Stand for Sonos Playbar + Flatscreen TV ?
Question

Just curious if anyone had any recommendations for an entertainment center/TV stand to accommodate a Sonos Playbar + 50" flatscreen. Wall-mounting the flatscreen isn't an option for us unfortunately....

Recommendations for setup and remote
Question

Looking for help with home theater and remote setup. I have a Samsung UN70KU6300 70-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model), Amazon Fire TV, Sony Blueray player, and SONOS soundbar and two play 1s....

Tivo & Sonos Playbar & Samsung TV w/o ability to turn off internal speakers
Answered

My Samsung LED 60in TV does not support external speakers and therefore does not have the menu option to turn off the internal speakers. I have confirmed with Samsung support that I can't flash the fi...

Sub popping sounds
Question

Hi I have recently experienced some popping sounds from the sub. It comes and goes and usually when the music is rather bass heavy (like The Weeknd). It's a deep popping sound that when it's really b...

Badges

• Badge
    nadaaa earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    eno earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    wolfebrowm earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    hjembaek earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Rendier25 earned the badge Meet and greet
View all "Badges"