Welcome to Home theater

Discuss PLAYBAR, PLAYBASE, and the Sonos home theater experience.

4289 Topics

Home Theater and Television Recommendation Megathread

Looking for information on Sonos home theater setups or details on PLAYBAR or PLAYBASE, our home theater solutions? Find answers about surround sound, Dolby Digital, TV recommendations, and all the re...

My sonos system stopped playing sound from my TV all of a sudden...why?
Question

I have done some research on various forums and haven't been able to find a solution as to why my Sonos stopped playing sound from my TV (samsungJUN65JU7100F). My sonos system will play sound from ap...

Different Hardware Versions as Surrounds
Question

Will I have any issue using two different hardware version Play:1s as surrounds? One of them is hardware version 1.8.3.7-1 and the other is 1.20.1.6-1.

Playbar crackling sound
Answered

I have a 5.1 setup (playbar, sub, 2 play:1s). Recently, the playbar has a crackling and static like sound coming out of it when I watching cable tv (cox). I have an optical cable running from the pla...

My Playbase won’t connect
Question

My PLAYBASE has stopped working. It was playing through the TV ok with the optical cable but wouldn’t group with speakers in other rooms for music. I’ve checked and done a WiFi reboot and that’s all o...

Sonos One lost the screw mounting threads

I was disappointed that the Sonos One no longer has the mounting threads on the back. Minor issue but it will change my setup.

Setting up my sub?
Question

I've set up my sub and it is currently in the "living room" group with my playbar. When finishing the set up and doing the audio calibration the set up just stops and I can't find another audio re-cal...

Will 2 play 1s paired with a playbar also play music?
Answered

Thinking of getting 2 play 1’s to complete my playbar experience. The question is will they play music when I’m not watching tv and just want the music on?

Power off Sonos Playbar and sub
Question

Hi all Im a new user in the Sonos world. I bought my first sonos playbar and sub yesterday and everything i working perfectly. I was wondering is the Sonos playbar and sub always powered on or do the...

Next Generation Playbar! 2017

Will Sonos come out with an upgraded Playbar that supports multiple HDMI inputs or does away with optical playback through TV?

Apple TV 4K 5th Generation Remote Controlling Sonos PLAYBAR Volume
Question

The Sonos instructions to use the Apple TV 4th Generation remote to control volume on the PLAYBAR don't seem to work with the new 4K 5th Generation Apple TV. Has anyone gotten the remote to work to c...

Sonos surround intermittent tiny cut outs - with tv only
Question

Hi, ive setup my TV surround - i have everything wired in to home plugs / bt whole home... I am getting intermittent cut outs all the time on both the play 1 speakers (left and right). Its like a mil...

Configuring Connect Amp to Playbar for Surround sound
Question

I followed the Sonos instructions for connecting the connect amp to the playbar but when i connect to the playbar it shows no connect amp. See photo. Any ideas what I have done wrong. Theer is an e...

Questions regarding SONOS and BOSE
Question

I currently have a Bose Lifestyle 48 system, but want to slowly convert to SONOS. My current system (Bose) has 4 cubes, 1 center speaker, and 1 sub (all connected to the bose lifestyle 48) I am also u...

Help with PlayBar
Question

Iv just purchased a Sony xe85 tv. An I can’t get my PlayBar to play 5.1. Any ideas?

SINCE NEW UPDATE PLAY 5s WILL NOT CONNECT TO TV!
Question

ON FRIDAY I UPDATED THE SONOS TO THE NEW UPDATE 8.0 PRIOR TO THIS MY SONOS SYSTEM WAS WORKING LIKE A DREAM. NOW I HAVE NO SOUND COMING FROM BOTH PLAY 5s. AND MY PLAY 3s NOW CONSTANTLY KEEP DROPPING IN...

Make the PLAYBAR in White

All of my components are in white in my living room, aswell as all of my sonos play:3 and play:5.... Are there any plans on bringing the Playbar in white?

Playbar with new Connect (DTS solution)

I have the same problem like many others here that Sonos offers the perfect speaker solution for my home theater setup, but I would like the option to have DTS, or possibly Dolby TrueHD / DTS:Neo... M...

Sonos Surround Speakers crackle/static sound
Answered

Good day, I have a Playbar and two Play 1s as surround speakers. Coming from my left Play 1, I sometimes hear crackling or static sound coming from it. Anybody have this issue before and if so how did...

Sonos Connect Connectivity: HDMI

Are there plans to release a Sonos Connect type device with HDMI connectivity? Here's why I ask. The HDMI connection between my TV and receiver allows my TV to both power up the receiver and to dir...

Auto shut down connect amp with line in.
Answered

I use a connect amp with a line in from a 3.5mm jack to rca phono leads. On an evening I turn tv off but when I get up in the morning the connect amp still says its “playing” the tv line in even thoug...

Using Playbar for Home Cinema
Question

I got a screen projector and was hoping to use it to watch movies and leverage my Playbar (I have the whole system, Sonos 5.1 Home Theater System PLAYBAR, SUB, PLAY:1 Wireless Rears Combination) ....

Is the SUB really an inferior product?

I got completely roasted today on another forum for suggesting the SONOS SUB. The sentiment on there was that it was part of a pretty package but that it isn't capable of serious performance with suc...

2nd TV in bedroom no 2nd playbar best way to connect ?
Question

Hi i wonder if someone can give me best advice: i have in the front room TV - Playbar - (Play 5 GEN 2) - 2 x Play 1 in kitchen 1 x play 1 in main bedroom (1 x play 3) NO PLAY BAR (Not currently wor...

Forced to connect my optical audio cable to directv box
Question

Hi, I'm a new Sonos owner (just received it yesterday!). I bought a playbase and 2 Ones that are on their way later this month. After setting everything up, I couldn't get audio to come out of my play...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online