Welcome to Home theater

Discuss PLAYBAR, PLAYBASE, and the Sonos home theater experience.

4052 Topics

Samsung JS/JU Model TVs Audio Issue with PLAYBAR
Answered

We've determined there to be an issue with Dolby Digital playback devices (including the Sonos PLAYBAR) and Samsung televisions in the JS and JU series. An example of a TV model number of this line wo...

Home Theater and Television Recommendation Megathread

Looking for information on Sonos home theater setups or details on PLAYBAR or PLAYBASE, our home theater solutions? Find answers about surround sound, Dolby Digital, TV recommendations, and all the re...

How to get 5.1 sound
Answered

Please can someone help with this problem. My Sonos setup includes playbar, sub and play1 x w. I have a Samsung UE65K8000 TV and Samsung UBD-K850, along with a SkyQ box. Everything is connected dire...

Have Playbase, want Surround Sound, can I do it with my TV?
Question

Hi - I just bought a TV and Playbase. It was easy to set up and I like the sound, but I'd like to add the subwoofer and two Play:1s to create surround sound. However, I've heard that's not always po...

4K/UHD bluray players that decode DTS to Dolby?
Question

With 4K bluray players starting to emerge now, seems we really need to start keeping straight which ones will allow those of us with Sonos Playbars enjoy some semblance of Dolby sound when certain 4K...

Mini Sonos SUB - Smaller in Size and Power

A Sonos user would like to have a smaller version of the SUB, in size and power. What do you think about it?

Second TV
Answered

I currently have a TV with a Playbar and 2 Play 1's as surround in the lounge. I have added a second TV in the kitchen and I have 2 Play 3's there, which I wish to use with this TV. Do I have to buy...

Surround Sound
Question

I currently have a Playbar, Sub and two Play 5's set up for surround sound. I also have a Play 1 in the corner of the kitchen. My living room, dining room and kitchen are all one large open space so t...

Long power cable
Question

I need a long power cable for my playbar (12 feet or so). I can cut mine and splice in a section of cord, but does anyone know if I could just buy something?

Pulled the trigger on a play base and sub
Answered

So I have decided to start on my second home theater system in the family room with Sonos. Anyone have experience with a play base sub combo with vaulted ceilings? How has it worked out for you and di...

Sub popping sounds
Question

Hi I have recently experienced some popping sounds from the sub. It comes and goes and usually when the music is rather bass heavy (like The Weeknd). It's a deep popping sound that when it's really b...

Connect Playbar to TV W/O Audio Cable?
Question

All, I own a Samsung Smart TV and a Sonos Playbar. We're in the process of remodeling our basement and I'm wondering if the Playbar can be connected in a totally wireless manner to the TV. As thing...

Will the Playbase work with Shield TV?
Question

We have an all Streaming household, read some limitations with play base, would like some clarification before the investment. We are building a home, and I've been interested in the SONOS system f...

If there is no room behind your sofa ...
Question

Is it best to point your back speakers to the side so they point towards you or keep them towards the tv

Crackling sound from playbar
Question

Diagnostic number 7486455 Hi team, recently I have been having a few issues with a crackling sound coming from my playbar. I haven't had this happened before and I don't use the speakers on a regu...

Turning of playbar
Question

In a 5.1 setup can the playbar be turned off leaving you with a 2.1 system. This will impact my decision to build a 5.1 system with with play 5s over 1s. Thanks

No Sound on DVD
Question

Hi I have just purchased a Playbar works great with Spotify and TV is great however my DVD and NOW-TV show picture ok but no sound .Connected optically to TV and HDMI to rest. Any ideas what i have or...

High pitch playbar noise

Hi there, just installed my new playbar. When not emitting music / sound (so when it is powered on but idle) the playbar is emitting a high pitch noise. It's just about audible - but as it is so high...

UK Sonos Products in the US

Hi Everyone. This is probably a well trodden topic but...if I have UK Sonos products what do I need to get if I am moving to the Uk -just new adaptors? Thanks A

802.11ac support?
Question

Does Sonos playbar support 802.11ac 2.4 GHz?

New to Sonos Playbar world, how to get ROKU to do 5.1 sound

I have a samsung tv with optical out, HDMI in, exlink. I currently have my roku connected to my TV through HDMI, but I don't think its outputting 5.1 How Can I remedy this situation. Thanks for all t...

Connect Playbar wirelessly to Connect amp
Answered

Can the play bar connect wirelessly to the connect amp so that it can stream TV sound to the speakers connected to the connect amp?

Playbar not recognized by Samsung UN55KU6300
Question

I recently bought a Samsung UN55KU6300 as well as a Playbar. The tv doesn't have an infrared receiver, and so the Playbar is not identifying the tv's remote. Because of this I cannot use my tv remote...

Play:3s and Sub won't Connect to Playbar
Question

I recently purchased 2x Play:3s and connected them to my Playbar and Sub (Playbar is hardwired to router). After initial setup, everything worked fine, connected and I even went through tuning. At s...

Chromecast Ultra and DD5.1
Question

I have a TV that can pass through DD5.1 which works from PS4 but not Chromecast. I assume that's because Chromecast is DD Plus which Playbar doesn't support. Does anyone know if Chromecast Ultra s...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online