Welcome to Home theater

Discuss Beam, Playbar, Playbase, and the entire Sonos home theater experience. How do you set up a Sonos 5.1 system? Which Sonos work with your TV? Ask your home theater questions here.

6388 Topics

Sonos beam lip sync issue
Answered

Setup the new beam today, no problem getting it working. Problem is with lip sync - I have a Samsung UHD 8000 series with Sky (in the UK). Beam is connected via ARC. Tried adjusting delay via the app...

Sonos Beam quiet with Samsung UE32H5500

Hi, I've just added a Sonos Beam to my collection and connected it to my kitchen TV, a Samsung UE32H5500 via HDMI ARC. Things work okay, when I control the TV volume it changes the volume of the Bea...

Autoplay from Playbar to a Connect
Question

I'm looking at buying a Playbar to my system but before I do I need to make sure I can set the input on the Playbar to always autoplay on a Connect zone. The TV I'm looking at adding this to is in ou...

Analog to digital Sonos Beam issues
Question

I am trying out the Sonos beam but wanted to connect my projector to the beam using phono cables... But since there is only a HDMI input I bought an Analog to digital Audio Converter - Goobay (https:/...

Samsung TV Interface
Question

Have 2 Amps connected to Samsung TV through HDMI Arc. When TV is off the Amps cause the TV stand by light to flash. It should normally not flash when off. Suggestions?

Chromecast Netflix and Sonos Playbar -- The Saga Continues

I've spent hours researching how to play a Netflix show, through Google Chrome Browser (on a Mac), through a Chromecast streaming device. I then need to split the HDMI signal coming out of Chromecast...

Disconnect AMP’s (HDMI) ARC
Question

How to switch on and off the input from TV connected with HDMI ARC? My Sony AF8 has a brilliant sound - so I want to be able to easily switch from AMP sound to TV sound - but it seems not to be possi...

Sonos 5.1 v Dolby Atmos soundbars

What would be your opinion on a Sonos 5.1 setup vs Dolby Atmos soundbars like these https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F123316040405

Beam or Playbar as center channel between two Play:5 Gen 2's as (L+R)?
Answered

I'm looking to build a 5.1 channel surround system around my two Play:5 Gen 2's. I want to keep the Play:5's as L+R, add two One's for rear (L+R), a subwoofer, and a center channel (beam or playbar)....

Can I connect a pair of Play:1s with a Sonos Amp to create surround sound?
Answered

As part of a home renovation, I am installing a new Sonos Amp off which will run a pair of ceiling speakers (B&W CCM664). These will be front L & R speakers through which the TV will run as well as a...

setup for rear speakers or different zone
Answered

I'm receiveing my AMP soon to power my existing speakers / tv. I have another set of speakers I want to use for rear channels. Can I connect those to a Connect:Amp and do a 4.0 setup? Also, can the C...

play5 or play bar
Answered

what would be best over all? a play5 or a play bar I have a play 5 about to send back like the sound, buy tv needs more so a play bar for TV and music a better buy? both are in a living room setup

Beam won’t connect to series 7 Samsung TV
Question

Bought my second Beam and Samsung Series 7 tv today and followed the setup procedure, I’ve tried HDMI IN THE ARC port, I’ve trid the optical in and neither work. I have another Beam in the family room...

Wireless Card Failed on Playbase

Hi has anybody else had problems with the wireless cards on any of the speakers ? Bought a playbase November 2017 in March 2018 the wireless card failed, it was replaced instantly by Currys now a year...

How to connect Sonso to new TV without RCA outpuT
Question

Just got a new Samsung TV that has no Analog output anymore, only HDMI and optical. My Sonos Connect only has Analog (red-white cable) input. How do I connect my new TV to my Sonos Connect?

Adding sub to Beam and play 3s

Hi, I was hoping forum members who have Sonos Beam in a 5.1 setup advise me regarding adding a Sub with my current setup of Beam and Play 3 surrounds. I have read some posts where users are happy wit...

intermittent audio drop outs

Hi, i’ve just bought a Beam, connected to a Sony Bravia tv using the optical cable (no HDMI ARC). Sound great except for intermittent audio drop outs lasting for a fraction of a second. I’ve noticed t...

Play 1 won't add to my system

Two Play 1's won't add to my existing soundbar and sub. I'm on ADSL internet. When connecting Play1, I get this message: "Some Sonos speakers are using the wireless connection from your range extender...

Can't get 5.1 from external sources, but I can from my Smart TV -- Panasonic TC-P65ST60 with Sonos Amp

Hi All -- Thanks in advance for any ideas. I have a Panasonic TC-P65ST60 from 2013, HDMI spec is "HDAVI Control 5" -- which is ARC and CEC compatible. I get awesome sound through my Amp/Sub/pair of...

Please add support for DTS for the Sonos Playbar.

A hifi homecinema soundbar without dts support seems not up to date for me. Are there any plans to add dts support?

One reason of DTS support for Sonos

Before the next release of a new soundbar or soundbase. Add support for DTS will increase the sell of current products immediately but with a minimal cost (just some licensing fee). For example, I wil...

Audio delay

I have Beam, two One’s and subwoofer along with Samsung NU6950 tv and PS4. The Beam is connected using HDMI ARC, the PS4 audio comes via HDMI to the tv. The tv is set up for HDMI Bitstream input and...

Sonos sound AppleTV 4K is not as punchy/loud/deep as direct from TV
Question

Hi All, my setup is: *4K LG OLED TV (OLED55B6T) * Apple TV (4K) * Sonos 5.1 (Beam,Sub + 2X Plays) * All connections are via HDMI; TV and Beam via HDMI arc, and the Apple TV uses one of the other HDMI...

If you're experiencing audio delay issues, read this

I've been living with lip sync issues (audio behind the video) since I got my Playbar about a year ago but I finally decided to do something about it. After multiple conversations with Sonos support a...

Beam receiving Stereo, not 5.1

Apologies if this has been covered before, I just can't seem to find a solution to my issue. I've got a Chromecast plugged into an HDMI splitter (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220662069393), with the...

Badges

• Badge
    bs49 earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    ChuckCo earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    Jens Almdkou earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    keats earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    FergusP earned the badge Meet and greet
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings