Welcome to Home theater

Discuss Beam, Playbar, Playbase, and the entire Sonos home theater experience. How do you set up a Sonos 5.1 system? Which Sonos work with your TV? Ask your home theater questions here.

6204 Topics

New 5.1 setup
Answered

Can I use Playbar with the Amp with 2 ceiling surround speakers and 1 builtin wall sub for new TV installation?

Dolby Digital?
Answered

Quick question regarding surround sound. I have an older Panasonic Viera, using Apple TV 4K, connected with hdmi and the through arc. I have sub, beam, two Sonos:1 for LS &RS. Sonos sounds great first...

HDMI ARC / dolby digital question

I'm close to getting a new TV: The Sony X900F. Just wanted to make sure there were no surprises in terms of dolby pass through to the playbar. I have two older sony's, and both passed dolby thru no pr...

Loud Short Buzz Coming from Beam after TV is turned off
Answered

Just bought a Beam & LG C8 TV, so far they are both working beautifully with the exception of the loud noise I'm getting once I turn the TV off. It's very inconsistent, sometimes it happens 10 - 60 se...

Samsung TV won't pass through 5.1 on optical out if input is HDMI, need suggestions

I have a Playbar, and a Samsung TV that won't pass through 5.1 from its optical out if the input is HDMI. Our Motorola cable box is connected to our TV using HDMI, and I want to get the 5.1 when I wat...

Xfinity XR11 remote keeps losing connection to Sonos Beam
Question

Hello, I have an older Sony TV KDL-52WL135 connected to the Beam using the opt port. I have setup the Xfinity XR11 remote using both the Sonos controller app and using the Xfinity remote control set...

Placing a sound bar or beam behind the sofa - Samsung Frame dilemma
Answered

Currently have a Sonos 3 and a couple of 1s in the house. We have invested in a nice new TV (Samsung Frame) but don't want to go down the route of buying a Samsung sound bar - i'd rather keep all my m...

Sonos Surround Speakers crackle/static sound

Good day, I have a Playbar and two Play 1s as surround speakers. Coming from my left Play 1, I sometimes hear crackling or static sound coming from it. Anybody have this issue before and if so how did...

Disappointed....
Answered

New Sub arrived, Discovered the only way I can connect to my already +$1000 Sonos home set up is through existing play bar or other sonos.. No solo control over the Sub to match up with the deep bass...

Play 1 used as surrounds with Beam

Hello... I am wondering if it is important to the sound image for the Play 1 surrounds that they be pointed directly at the listening position or can they be slightly of axis? I bought two wall mount...

beam set up
Answered

HI im new here and have just bought a beam to use as soundbar for my new tv.very easy to set up I think using the hdmi. What I wanted to ask is can you adjust the bass etc Was surprised it didn't have...

Another dj question unfortunately

Firstly before anyone jumps down my throat, we bought Sonos for our kitchen as a kitchen set up not for djing. Im not that bothered if ive got a delay although it would be nice not to. I've been readi...

Home cinema opstelling

Wij hebben als homecinema opstelling een playbar, sub, en achter 2x play1. Is het mogelijk 2 extra frontspeakers erbij te plaatsen. Dit om meer links en rechts effecten te crieeren.

Projector wireless connection to Beam?

Hi, I have a projector setup with the audio connected to a beam using a HDMI cable - works well. However I now need to hide the cables... Before I resort to abusing my walls (the house is very old) I...

Playbar crackling sound
Answered

I have a 5.1 setup (playbar, sub, 2 play:1s). Recently, the playbar has a crackling and static like sound coming out of it when I watching cable tv (cox). I have an optical cable running from the pla...

Netflix 5.1 sound has hiccups. ‘Normal’ sound works flawless
Question

Hey guys, I’m having issues with this for a while now and it’s bugging me. My setup is as follows: Sony Bravia smart tv Sonos Beam connected through HDMI ARC Whenever I stream a Netflix title with 5...

Beam setup - confirming 5.1 is being sent and received correctly
Question

Hello, This evening I have unboxed and setup my Beam system. I have done this after reading about issues some TV's have passing through DD 5.1 signals, as a result I wanted to get some feedback and c...

Play Ones dropping out intermittently
Question

I note that others have posted the exact same problem albeit with some variance in configuration etc, but despite some possible explanations as to the cause, there does not yet appear to be a solution...

Beam LG OLED

I have tried everything to fix this issue including most of what I have read on the community boards. I recently bought a new beam set up was simple by the ARC connected to my LG OLED tv simply won'...

ARC & Optical Connecting Issues w/ Beam
Answered

My LG Television will not connect to my newly purchased Beam. Have tried both the ARC and Optical with no luck. The sound does work with Spotify but not the TV? Anyone with similar issues that has a...

Utilizing Sonos Playbar with Projector

I realize there is about 1,000 different posts on this subject at this point, but I feel like I've spent weeks reading every thread and not really found a clear and precise answer. I've had a Playba...

Confused...so does Sonos my beam support 5.1 or not?
Answered

I've tried everything trying to get 5.1 surround. I even bought a new TV, I have the beam and two play 1's (okay 5.0). Beating my head against the wall for weeks trying to figure this out, I stop feed...

How to connect Sonos Playbar with LG OLED 55C8PLA and LG MAGIC remote AN-MR18BA?

I have purchased an LG OLED tv but I cannot manage to connect the SONOS PLAYBAR with the remote control. I went to the Audio settings and I also used the app on my phone to try to connect but it doesn...

Sonos doesn’t really do “5.1”

Before you buy any SONOS equipment to achieve a 5.1 setup please consider this: a Denon AVRX2400 AV Amp, Elac CINEMA 5.1 speaker system, all cables professionally installed behind the walls gives you...

Playbar through splitter

I am hoping that I can talk to any consumer out there and not a sonos employee, because they have been zero help in resolving my situation.. I bought a sonos sound system 6 speakers, playbar, subwoofe...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings