Welcome to Home theater

Discuss Beam, Playbar, Playbase, and the entire Sonos home theater experience. How do you set up a Sonos 5.1 system? Which Sonos work with your TV? Ask your home theater questions here.

6188 Topics

Home Theater and Television Recommendation Megathread

Looking for information on Sonos home theater setups? Find answers about surround sound, Dolby Digital, TV recommendations, and all the rest to get the best possible theater experience on Sonos here....

Enabling CEC on your TV for Beam

Sonos Beam, the smart, compact soundbar for your TV is now available. We've collected some of the best resources for Beam in the thread here so that it'll help you find the answers you might be lookin...

Disappointed....
Answered

New Sub arrived, Discovered the only way I can connect to my already +$1000 Sonos home set up is through existing play bar or other sonos.. No solo control over the Sub to match up with the deep bass...

Another dj question unfortunately

Firstly before anyone jumps down my throat, we bought Sonos for our kitchen as a kitchen set up not for djing. Im not that bothered if ive got a delay although it would be nice not to. I've been readi...

Home cinema opstelling

Wij hebben als homecinema opstelling een playbar, sub, en achter 2x play1. Is het mogelijk 2 extra frontspeakers erbij te plaatsen. Dit om meer links en rechts effecten te crieeren.

Play 1 used as surrounds with Beam
Question

Hello... I am wondering if it is important to the sound image for the Play 1 surrounds that they be pointed directly at the listening position or can they be slightly of axis? I bought two wall mount...

Projector wireless connection to Beam?

Hi, I have a projector setup with the audio connected to a beam using a HDMI cable - works well. However I now need to hide the cables... Before I resort to abusing my walls (the house is very old) I...

Playbar crackling sound
Answered

I have a 5.1 setup (playbar, sub, 2 play:1s). Recently, the playbar has a crackling and static like sound coming out of it when I watching cable tv (cox). I have an optical cable running from the pla...

Netflix 5.1 sound has hiccups. ‘Normal’ sound works flawless
Question

Hey guys, I’m having issues with this for a while now and it’s bugging me. My setup is as follows: Sony Bravia smart tv Sonos Beam connected through HDMI ARC Whenever I stream a Netflix title with 5...

Beam setup - confirming 5.1 is being sent and received correctly
Question

Hello, This evening I have unboxed and setup my Beam system. I have done this after reading about issues some TV's have passing through DD 5.1 signals, as a result I wanted to get some feedback and c...

Play Ones dropping out intermittently
Question

I note that others have posted the exact same problem albeit with some variance in configuration etc, but despite some possible explanations as to the cause, there does not yet appear to be a solution...

Beam LG OLED

I have tried everything to fix this issue including most of what I have read on the community boards. I recently bought a new beam set up was simple by the ARC connected to my LG OLED tv simply won'...

ARC & Optical Connecting Issues w/ Beam
Answered

My LG Television will not connect to my newly purchased Beam. Have tried both the ARC and Optical with no luck. The sound does work with Spotify but not the TV? Anyone with similar issues that has a...

Loud Short Buzz Coming from Beam after TV is turned off
Answered

Just bought a Beam & LG C8 TV, so far they are both working beautifully with the exception of the loud noise I'm getting once I turn the TV off. It's very inconsistent, sometimes it happens 10 - 60 se...

Utilizing Sonos Playbar with Projector

I realize there is about 1,000 different posts on this subject at this point, but I feel like I've spent weeks reading every thread and not really found a clear and precise answer. I've had a Playba...

can People stop complaining about DTS?

Not sure where to post but I need to chime in. I love this forum, but a question for all the complainers of DTS not being supported. Did you actually research before you purchased this very expensive...

Confused...so does Sonos my beam support 5.1 or not?
Answered

I've tried everything trying to get 5.1 surround. I even bought a new TV, I have the beam and two play 1's (okay 5.0). Beating my head against the wall for weeks trying to figure this out, I stop feed...

How to connect Sonos Playbar with LG OLED 55C8PLA and LG MAGIC remote AN-MR18BA?

I have purchased an LG OLED tv but I cannot manage to connect the SONOS PLAYBAR with the remote control. I went to the Audio settings and I also used the app on my phone to try to connect but it doesn...

Sonos doesn’t really do “5.1”

Before you buy any SONOS equipment to achieve a 5.1 setup please consider this: a Denon AVRX2400 AV Amp, Elac CINEMA 5.1 speaker system, all cables professionally installed behind the walls gives you...

Playbar through splitter

I am hoping that I can talk to any consumer out there and not a sonos employee, because they have been zero help in resolving my situation.. I bought a sonos sound system 6 speakers, playbar, subwoofe...

New Sonos Sub and Atmos surrounds ...

Just saw this tonight relating to possible new Sonos products can anyone shed any more light on this ? Sonos wants to know if you’d pay $700 for wireless Atmos speakers The leaked survey also showed...

Sonos Beam TV Sound Increase and Decreases

Have a Sonos Beam connected to a Vizio TV via HDMI-ARC with CEC enabled and TV sound disabled. The sound will increase and decrease intermittently on its own without touching the volume controls and i...

Sonos Beam and audio control
Question

Syncing TV remote and iPhone / iPad with Sonos Beam. I have recently set up a Sonos Beam. the initial setup was pretty straightforward and i adjusted the speaker settings on my Sony TV to external Aud...

Query ref LG OLED55B8S TV passing 5.1
Question

Does anyone know if the LG OLED55B8S TV passes 5.1 correctly to the PlayBar for HMDI-connected devices and from the inbuilt apps? I can see posts regarding the more expensive C series LG OLED TVs - t...

LG OLED55C8PLA SONOS 5.1 problem

I recently bought the LG OLED55C8PLA and connected it via optical cable to my Playbar with sub and two sonos 1s. I have apple tv4k in hmdi 1, a samsung blueray dvd player in hdmi 2 and Nintendo switch...

Badges

• Badge
    jishi earned the badge Round of Applause
  • Badge
    stuartw78 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    ckeen earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Lahovary earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    richierichie earned the badge Meet and greet
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings