Welcome to Home theater

Discuss Beam, Playbar, Playbase, and the entire Sonos home theater experience. How do you set up a Sonos 5.1 system? Which Sonos work with your TV? Ask your home theater questions here.

6382 Topics

Home Theater and Television Recommendation Megathread

Looking for information on Sonos home theater setups? Find answers about surround sound, Dolby Digital, TV recommendations, and all the rest to get the best possible theater experience on Sonos here....

Enabling CEC on your TV for Beam

Sonos Beam, the smart, compact soundbar for your TV is now available. We've collected some of the best resources for Beam in the thread here so that it'll help you find the answers you might be lookin...

Android TV Box recommendation for Dolby Digital 5.1
Question

I have a Nvidia Shield TV, which I really love, but unfortunately it cannot decode DTS and Dolby Digital Plus to Dolby Digital 5.1. So when I'm watching Netflix I will only get the audio in Stereo for...

How to use Beam and Sonos Ones for surround sound
Answered

I’m having an issue - my Beam and two Sonos Ones are connected, they all play music, but the Beam is only playing TV audio, not the Sonos Ones.... the beam is connected to the TV through ARC. What am...

Unable to configure Sonos beam with LG Magic Remote
Question

I have a LG 55inch C8 (OLED55C8PTA) and have just purchased a beam which I have paired with two Sono's One's for surround sound. No problems connecting them all up and are currently working fine with...

Beam with Samsung Anynet+ volume control
Question

My Samsung TV and Beam are connect using ARC. When I use my TV remote to change the volume, I get 2 different size volume dialogs popup and the volume changes by 2 instead of 1. I assume the remote co...

Sonos playbase power cable
Question

I purchased a Sonos playbase and am very happy with it. However the power cable slips out with the slightest touch. Does anyone else have this problem?

Beam Listening Report October - November 2018

45 Day Trial Real Life Evaluation of the Sonos Beam Purchased Sonos Beam from the NYC Sonos Store on October 17, 2018. Connected Beam to a newly purchased Sony 49” Bravia X900E television with HDMI...

Individual volume setting for rear speakers in a 5.1 setup

Not sure if this has been discussed before and was hoping Trueplay would sort this out but it doesn't. My normal sitting position is near to my rear right play 1 rear speaker which means I can't hear...

How does the sub actually change your setup?

Obviusley I know the sub ads a lot more bass to your setup but I'm wondering how it changes it all? Does is alter what sounds come out of the beam and 2 Play1:s I already have set up? For example wi...

Epson 2150 Projector/ Chromecast/ Beam

Hi everyone, I have been reading these posts for the last few months and still can't seem to find a solution. I have an Epson 2150 projector which only has a 3.5 jack for audio. My chromecast is p...

Sonos Sub In a Tenement Flat

Hi, I currently have a Playbase and several play 1’s. I was considering buying the sub to pair and make 5.1. I live in a ground floor tenement flat (old hardwood floors) and was wondering if it is w...

Sonos sub quiet with music but loud with movies

I have a 5.1 setup with a playbar, 2x play 1 and a sub. When I use it to watch movies (usually on an Apple TV device) the bass is loud. When I use it for music (via the Sonos App) the bass is rather u...

How to connect playbar to home theater setup?

How do I reconnect my playbar to L + R and sub for home theater? I have the L + R + sub connected as "living room" but the playbar just connects as a separate " living room". I had them all connected...

Playbar crackling sound
Answered

I have a 5.1 setup (playbar, sub, 2 play:1s). Recently, the playbar has a crackling and static like sound coming out of it when I watching cable tv (cox). I have an optical cable running from the pla...

Switching between sonos and TV
Question

Years ago I bought the playbar and tried it out. I ended up returning it because it was difficult to change between TV sound and SONOS. At the time you had to use the app. So if you came home and turn...

Sonos beam lip sync issue
Answered

Setup the new beam today, no problem getting it working. Problem is with lip sync - I have a Samsung UHD 8000 series with Sky (in the UK). Beam is connected via ARC. Tried adjusting delay via the app...

Sonos Beam quiet with Samsung UE32H5500

Hi, I've just added a Sonos Beam to my collection and connected it to my kitchen TV, a Samsung UE32H5500 via HDMI ARC. Things work okay, when I control the TV volume it changes the volume of the Bea...

Autoplay from Playbar to a Connect
Question

I'm looking at buying a Playbar to my system but before I do I need to make sure I can set the input on the Playbar to always autoplay on a Connect zone. The TV I'm looking at adding this to is in ou...

Onkyo "Works with Sonos" issue - Please help

I am having a problem with my brand new Onkyo TX-NR686 that is advertised as "Works with Sonos" actually connecting to my new Sonos Connect for the purpose of having the receiver turn on and the input...

Analog to digital Sonos Beam issues
Question

I am trying out the Sonos beam but wanted to connect my projector to the beam using phono cables... But since there is only a HDMI input I bought an Analog to digital Audio Converter - Goobay (https:/...

Samsung TV Interface
Question

Have 2 Amps connected to Samsung TV through HDMI Arc. When TV is off the Amps cause the TV stand by light to flash. It should normally not flash when off. Suggestions?

Chromecast Netflix and Sonos Playbar -- The Saga Continues

I've spent hours researching how to play a Netflix show, through Google Chrome Browser (on a Mac), through a Chromecast streaming device. I then need to split the HDMI signal coming out of Chromecast...

Disconnect AMP’s (HDMI) ARC
Question

How to switch on and off the input from TV connected with HDMI ARC? My Sony AF8 has a brilliant sound - so I want to be able to easily switch from AMP sound to TV sound - but it seems not to be possi...

Sonos 5.1 v Dolby Atmos soundbars

What would be your opinion on a Sonos 5.1 setup vs Dolby Atmos soundbars like these https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F123316040405

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings