Welcome to Advanced setups

Dive into complex and advanced Sonos topics here. Got a cool Sonos 'hack' to share?

1981 Topics

Sonos AMP cross VLAN AirPlay
Answered

I'm having an issue with my new Sonos AMPs and AirPlay working across VLANs. This setup is in a corporate environment. The Sonos lives on it's own subnet (VLAN 10), and guests connect to another (VL...

2.1 setup with sonos amp , sub and my passive speakers
Answered

Can the sonos amp power my Dynaudio passive speakers and let me use a sonos wireless sub ?

How do I save music source settings for remote deployment to aged care homes?

The community radio station I volunteer at is looking at Sonos as a way of deploying our silver memories music service to aged care homes. The idea is that the Sonos device is configured and tested in...

Sonos boost mesh network

I am a bit confused, i have a boost and all my sonos devices are wireless connected to it via sonosnet. In some mesh systems like velop you can wire some extra components and the cable is used as a “b...

SUB Impact on its paired speakers
Answered

Does adding a SUB to a room modify the frequency response of the speakers it is paired with? Note: Android user no Trueplay capability.

Product suggestion - Mini VA's

I had some random thoughts this morning about recently added features to Sonos as well as some other commonly requested products or features. I wondering if combining some of these could come up with...

Using wifi mode with multiple APs

I have two Ubiquiti APs and want to add a third, problem is that sonosnet is using one of the 2.4 channels and i want to use it for the third AP. Tried moving my SONOS speakers to the APs from their...

Android controller music sharing
Answered

On a desktop you can add your music then play on any controller as long as the computer is powered up and connected. Can i do the same on an android but access it's library from another android/iPad c...

ZP100 not booting

Hi, I've recently acquired a ZP100 however it looks to be stuck in the boot process with a single white light flashing endlessly. It doesn't appear responsive to holding the mute button on bootup. O...

Setting Up to Play TV Audio Using Ethernet Cable to Connect: Amp

I have set-up a Sonos Connect: Amp to play music through four wired ceiling speakers in a room of my house. The four ceiling speakers are wired to the terminals on the back of the Connect: Amp. A 20...

Speakers sound good on the carpeted floor.... am I crazy?!

I recently had to temporarily move two play 1s to the floor (carpeted) while a room is being redone ... I turned them on expecting it to sound poorly... it was ok... I ran Trueplay... and honestly the...

Moving speaker to another room and not working

So I have a playbar and 2 x Ones in my lounge. I’ve added 1 x play 1 in the kitchen. Trouble is when I plug the play 1 into mains in lounge it’s all good and the speaker and group is found. Unplug and...

2 x Play1 + 2 x Play5 + Sub for large room music

Hi, I have 2 x Play1s and a Sub in my large living room. I was gifted 2 additional Play5’s and wanted to add them to the living room. I only use Sonos for music and wanted to get feedback from communi...

Using AirPlay 2 without WiFi
Answered

AirPlay 2 devices can be used without WiFi. The Apple HomePod has AirPlay 2, and can be used without WiFi. I've tested with my Sonos One, and was disappointed to find this isn't possible. Is this some...

Sonos for a Hotel

Hello, We operate a small hotel.... with an aging in-cieling speaker system that basically plays from a 3.5mm cable at this point. We'd like to replace the amps with Sonos Amps... but am wondering...

Why has Sonos stopped playing Music on “this iphone/ipad”

The latest version of the ios app no longer has the option to play from this iphone or ipad. This is a pretty stupid solution to a problem of dropouts. Why does Sonos not care about users who do not s...

Vinyl to sonos through tv

Hi all My apologies if this has been covered however I thought it may be worth a share. I was looking to find a way of adding a vinyl player without shelling out on even more gear. I've had my livi...

A solution for 3.1 with a beam and two play 5
Answered

I recently found out that if I set up some delay on the sound from my Beam I was able to make the sound sync up with the sound from my play:5s. After syncing the sound of my Beam and my Play:5s I went...

Advanced Sonos Wireless Network Configuration Using Sonos Beams

Previously, I described how you can add Sonos BOOSTs to your Sonos system to extend the range and enhance the robustness of SonosNet, the wireless networking protocol used between Sonos speakers. ht...

Control Speakers over VPN Tunnel
Answered

So I have a client that has two building separated by a parking lot. The buildings have two completely different network but they do have a site to site VPN tunnel connecting the two networks. For t...

DJing with Sonos: a potential hack AKA solution

So I was interested in getting a connect/amp so I could link the master out of my DJ mixer to my Sonos setup in the living room which consists of a pair of Ones and a Beam. Browsing the community it a...

How to configure 5.1 using macbook and Sony Bravia
Answered

Hi Folks, I have a Sonos surround setup (play base + sub + 2 x play:1s) connected to a Sony Bravia. With this setup I successfully get 5.1 sound coming from Netflix (native TV app) and from xbox one...

New Amp for turntable but also 5.1 HT

I currently only have two Play:1s and a single One. Over the next few months I will be purchasing new Sonos in the following order: 1. Amp, 2. Playbase, 3. a second One, and 4. a Sub. I will be usi...

Free Raspberry Pi touch controller

Hi all, I recently created a free touchscreen controller for the Raspberry Pi that you can use with your own setup as a sort of dedicated, always ready, controller. Check it out if you like and let...

2 Sonos Connect setups in separate rooms
Answered

I've got one Sonos Connect setup working with a turntable and speakers in one room connected to a router. In seperate room I have another turntable, speakers and another Sonos Connect — how do I conne...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings