Answered

Sonos and Mesh network

• 13 November 2023
  • 3 replies

After speaking with Sonos i have been advised to get a mesh network as opposed to the TP link extenders I have.  I am looking at the following Mesh network - should it work on that?

TP-LINK DECO M5 (3-PACK) AC1300 DUAL-BAND WHOLE HOME MESH WI-FI

icon

Best answer by Corry P 14 November 2023, 10:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Bourney 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I believe that system will work with your Sonos without issue, yes.

Please note that when you add a mesh system such as the Deco, it technically counts as adding a second router if it does not replace your existing router outright. Having two routers can cause problems, so I recommend you take a look at the Mesh WiFi section of my help article:

I hope this helps.

Hi,

Just moved ISP.  I can't get Sonos to work so will place a call to support to see if they can help.

Sonos doesn't want to play with the mesh it seems so thinking my only option is to go back to a root router situation (with mesh running off that) so there is one IP address for each speaker.

Is this correct?

I kinda like just having one SSID rather than two networks and hope there is a way that this can be achieved.

im not really tech savvy and was really pissed off that my new mesh system and Sonos were basically incompatible.

I solved the problem with a Sonos Boost connected to my router by ethernet. I had to wait 30 mins and then reinstall my sonos and it works flawlessly.

good luck