Welcome to Music, culture & the industry

What's happening in the world of music and digital media? What are you listening to this week? #NowPlaying

300 Topics

Ditching Sonos if voice control takes much longer

Tired of waiting for Sonos to incorporate Echo voice control Was promised as early2017 and then postponed to "later this year." I am ready to dump if this company doesn't provide an accurate and reaso...

Homepod - let's get this started...

Searched and nothing on Apple Homepod yet so I'll start this inevitable discussion. I see the Homepod announcement as an opportunity for Sonos rather than an end. Now that they know what the App...

Paving the way for an Amazon powered Sonos?

In light of Sonos' current effort in integrating the Amazon Echo/Alexa system as a control device, I wonder if this announcement might add some opportunity in the future to have it integrated inside t...

Recommended music - other than classical and pop

I am not sure there is a thread on what Sonos is truly about - the music, so this might be an interesting thread. I have left out classical because that deserves a thread of its own and modern pop bec...

Echo integrated to Firetv...incite into Sonos integration

Yes, another Alexa topic. I thought about adding this to one of them, but I thought it would get buried and was worthy as a separate point. A couple days again, Amazon setup an integration between...

Amazon Echo integration w/ third party app
Answered

After previously posting about a streaming solution to enable Amazon Alexa voice control for my Sonos speakers I've discovered a much simpler solution that works. It requires a Mac, an Echo and an...

Smart Homes, Digital Assistants, and Future Proofing with Sonos - Is it Possible? (WWDC 2017 Ponderings)

After seeing the new Siri Home Speaker launch today, one of my chief concerns with my Sonos setup is about future proofing. My curiosity started with my other research in the Sonos forums; I found...

playing Spotify and Tidal content in offline mode
Question

Does anyone know if its possible to play your downloaded Spotify or Tidal content while in 'offline' mode mover Sonos? If not, any idea why not?

Excellent radio station for Jazz: The Jazz Group

Recent discovery, a rare listener supported radio station that streams excellent laid back jazz : http://www.jazzgroove.org Available on Sonos via Tune in. For the genre, as good as a similarly sup...

When will there be support for Apple HomeKit ?
Question

I've just watched the Apple WWDC and I'm wondering why I should stay with Sonos, now that apple have brought announced its own spa Ian awaness speaker. I think in light of this announcement it would...

Darlite
Answered

Hey guys, I was on Facebook today and came across a pretty cool gizmo name Darlite. They have a Kickstarter page. In a nutshell, it's a little device that allows you to play any type of music .h...

Setup Sonos with Amazon Echo

I created a video on how to setup voice control using Amazon Echo/Alexa with Logitech Harmony and I just want to share it. I am still waiting for Sonos to release the new firmware to allow direct int...

Amazon Echo

Over One Year

Packaging Improvement request

My cats like to play with boxes. So naturally they wanted to get into a Play 1 box. However the box is too small! https://youtu.be/mSnA0ZTkqaw Please consider making the Play 1 box bigger. Fo...

Sonos vs. Amazon Echo

Does anyone know how to make the sonos system operate with voice commands similar to the Amazon Echo?

Best Songs for SUB and Stereo Imaging?
Answered

Hi Everyone! I have SUB configured with two PLAY:1's in a stereo pair and was wondering what everyones favourite songs are that you think really brings out the best of SUB and the wonderful stereo im...

Ken Wright

Got to say how much I enjoyed Giles Martins updated version of Sergeant Pepper. As a kid I wore this out on vinyl. Listening again after many years on my Sonos system I loved it. I would love th...

Radio Paradise
Answered

Is there a way to add Radio Paradise to the Sonos menu anywhere in order to be able to have a shortcut to stream Radio Paradise?

Please Please PLEASE integrate within Apple Music / AirPlay 2

As recent posts have been touching upon, in regards to Apple's WWDC this year, I am worried about being left behind. With the current marketing and branding techniques, Sonos feels like a user friendl...

Why haven't SONOS been acquired by Apple?

I don't have any particular insight to offer hence my question. If you understand the dynamics at play, please post up. The people I polled replied with arguments ranging from SONOS are not inte...

U2: Joshua Tree Tour 2017 (30th Anniversary)

Who all has been or is going to this tour? I'm attending tonight and am totally stoked. I'm hoping to find a great bootleg copy of one of the shows from this tour. I'm not bringing my equipment sin...

Sonos goes bankrupt! What then?
Question

I'm looking at the possibility of setting up a Sonos surround system upstairs and downstairs as well as Play:5's for music in different areas of the house. This is a lot of money. My concern these d...

PianoDIsc with Sonos
Question

I am trying to connect my PianoDisc player to my Sonos system. I believe I have all of the correct cables connected in the correct manner, but when I try to play through Sonos, my Sonos speakers play...

Amazon Echo
Question

When will Sonos release the Amazon Echo app they have been talking about since August 2016???

Hey Siri, ...

- Hey Siri, can I have a HomePod today? - Hey Siri, can I get a HomePod subwoofer? - Hey Siri, can I get a HomePod 5.1 system? - Hey Siri, does HomePod sound as good as a SONOS PLAY:5? - Hey Siri,...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online