Welcome to What to get

Looking to get started with Sonos? Get help and advice here.

1911 Topics

New sonos recommendations

Hi, I am looking to set a up sonos in a 30 sq meter rectangular room. I am looking at two option, 1) stereo pair of play 3 and a sub. 2) stereo pair of play 5 and sub I like my music loud a of good q...

Bridge OR Boost?

So, decided to move a ZP80 (Connect) that is now connected to my router and is used only to feed my 5 Sonos components (need pushing signal into an amp/receiver anymore - just plugged into router) to...

Undecided on next purchase

Need some advice people. I currently have 2x play 1's paired in my kitchen which I'm happy with. I also have a play 3 in my living room which doesn't seen as loud at the same level as my pair play 1s,...

HELP > Setting up my home system

I just moved and want to set up my apartment with Sonos. This is what I currently have: - Record Player (no pre-amp) - Flatscreen TV - two Play:1 speakers I am in the market to buy more sonos product...

Looking to Expand...Suggestions?

I'm looking to expand my Sonos system. Currently I have the Playbar and Sub set up in my living room. If I want to go for surround sound, would you recommend two Play 1's or two Play 3's? Also, some g...

Help me configure six rooms...
Answered

Hi there. I have maxed out my A/V Marantz receiver in terms of zones, and would like to add more. People tell me Sonos is the way to go. I tried going to a store to ask them, but clearly went to the w...

Compose a new stereo image
Answered

Hello, I need your help. I live in a small flat, two rooms, with neighbours, 65 m2. The living room is opened in the corridor and in the kitchen, 30 m2. I have a sonos play 5 now . Before I had big b...

Where can I buy sonos sub in Hongkong?
Answered

Dear Sonos, where can i buy a sonos SUB in hongkong? 

Using wi-f- extender/booster

Hi, I am looking to get a wi-fi extender/booster to give better wi-fi coverage in my kitchen and more importantly, garden. Are there any issues with using a wi-fi extender in a household that has So...

New home construction and Sonos
Answered

Hello everyone! We are in the process of having a new home built and my wife and I are looking at whole house audio solutions.  We were planning on having speakers wired into the ceiling in our...

New PC arriving. Any advice?

I don't anticipate any problems but I have a new pc arriving soon and wondered if there is anything I need to be aware of. I assume I just download the Sonos controller for Windows and that's it? No n...

Sonos India

hi i am confused between bose sounddock 10 and sonos 5. i have heard the sondock 10 at bose show room and it sounded almost great. i have not heard sonos 5 but have seen awesome reviews of the same...

NAS drive - which Synology to buy
Answered

NAS drive - having recently bought a Sonos system (great!) I want to add a NAS drive - have researched and decided to go for Synology as they sound awesome, but not sure if I can get away with the mos...

What's the best Sonos outdoor speaker system

Hi all. I'm new. Be gentle. I'm trying to design a speaker system for a detached patio and pool area. That area wouldn't be physically connected to my indoor system. I would like it to drive a...

Bose lifestyle base unit

I have a play 1 and looking to get another, is there any way that I can hook up just the sub woofer unit only from Bose lifestyle system? What extra would I need? Thanks

Whats the difference between a bridge & a boost ?

Thanks guys

Why does SONOS not respond to the reviews on their own website

I am debating going with SONOS but I am very disappointed that they don't respond to reviews on their own site. Not to mention in order to comment, they make you go through Facebook. Very poor busines...

What Hi-Fi? Sonos: everything you need to know

Great write up from What Hi-Fi on sonos and other multi-room systems. http://www.whathifi.com/news/sonos-everything-you-need-to-know

Bridge or Wifi??
Answered

I just added a bridge to my existing Sonos system which was using my wireless network. How do I know if my players are using the bridge or wifi?

Sonos house on web page

Hello, First let me tell you I love my Sonos system!  I have Sub, Play bar, 2 x play 5 and  play 3 and play 1.  Works great and I will be getting more soon. I friend of my is intereste...

Router Suggestions

I need to get a new router and want to make sure that I purchase one that will be compatible with my SONOS. &nbsp

Sonos in Ceiling speaker system

Hello All, Newbie here and helping a friend design his home audio system. The house has 18 ceiling speakers all together. All rooms have built in volume controls and believe the speakers to be 4 ohms...

I have a sonos bridge and speakers. Do I need to buy a connect amp in order to stream records on Vinyl Play to various sonos speakers?
Answered

buying from eBay

Hi, I've noticed several uk sellers are selling the sub quite a bit cheaper than the rrp. If I buy one brand new through eBay, will I still be covered by the sonos warranty? Thanks

Bought the Playbar and went to YouTube and played some bass tests. Amazing bass coming out of the playbar without a sub. My room was vibrating. I am in a 10x12 room so I really don't think I need a su...

Badges

• Badge
    Rncry earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    deadeye661 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    ktnation15 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    KJames earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    ml49 earned the badge Meet and greet
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings