Welcome to What to get

Looking to get started with Sonos? Get help and advice here.

2057 Topics

sonos playbar or the bose sr 1 soundbar ?
Answered

hi i recently bought a bose sr1 soundbar and ive heard from topics etc that the sonos should be better ? i chose the bose sr1 soundbar from the sound it deliveres compared to the sono playbar whit a...

TV sound: Playbar and Sub vs. stereo (new) Play:5
Answered

I know most people haven't heard the new Play:5s yet but I was curious what people thought about these setups. My tv has an optical out that DOES pass through 5.1 so I would get full use of the Playb...

Linking Play 5 to TV
Answered

I have a Playbar linked to my TV in the living room no problem. I'm looking to get a Play 5 to add to my Sonos system in another room. However, I'd also like to link this play 5 to another TV for be...

Playbar & new AppleTV compatibility (no optical audio out port on new AppleTV)
Question

The new AppleTV (4th gen) got rid of the optical audio out port -- does that mean I can no longer use my Playbar with this new version of Apple TV? Previously, when I had an older version of AppleTV,...

Integrating sonos into existing home theater system?
Question

Hi All - I know this forum gets a ton of similar questions, but I have not found a precise answer to my dilemma. I am interested in combining sonos into as much of my existing system as possible, wh...

Help with new home setup
Question

Hi all I'm about to move into my new apartment, and want to install a sonos setup around my TV and Playstation 4. I have two good speakers and a sub (not sonos), and therefore I wanted to use the conn...

high ceilings, very open space- placement help
Question

Hi, moving into this house next week and would like advice on how to place sonos play 5s from the ceiling for optimal music listening. as you can see the ceilings are very high (25ft) and the layout i...

Which Sonos solution / Is SONOS the right one?
Question

Dear community, I am planning to purchase a new sound system for my living room with the focus being on sound quality and simplicity/ ease of use. I'm thinking of SONOS mainly because I'd like to ha...

New build setup - Wired or not?
Answered

Hi all. We have a new build house just getting to first fix stage - electrician actually started this morning! Plan is to have speakers in multiple rooms - main room is large open plan kitchen livin...

New build home speaker setup
Question

Hi all. We have a new build house just getting to first fix stage - electrician actually started this morning! Plan is to have speakers in multiple rooms - main room is large open plan kitchen livin...

How do I connect my Play 5 to the digital audio output of my Samsung TV?
Answered

Hello I am trying to connect my Samsung TV (UE32H6400) digital audio output to my Play 5 via the line in. I used an Audio Cable 3.5 Audio Jack to Toslink (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001RY05EO...

Songs multi room setup including Kodi media center
Question

I'm looking to invest in a multi room setup for my house, consisting of 3 zones (lounge, family room and kitchen) but want to integrate a system with my existing Kodi (XBMC) setup. All of my media ru...

Smart tv and Sonos 3
Question

Hi Is it possible to connect my smart TV to my Sonos 3?

alphabetical playlists.. but grrrr
Question

finally found a way of organising my playlists to sonos favourites on iOS 9, but there are a limited number of slots !!!..... come on sonos.. sort it !!!!!!

Power cable differences?
Question

Hi, are there any differences between the various Sonos power cables? Just moved house and misplayed my Playbar power cable so wondering if I can use my Play 1 cable until a new one arrives? Only as...

Bose Speakers
Question

Can I connect a Bose Acoustimas 5 Stereo System to a Sonos CONNECT:AMP

Current Play 1 pair + sub vs NEW Play 5 pair
Question

I currently have a pair of Play 1 speakers + sub in my living / dining room. I like the setup because the Play 1s are someone inconspicuous and the sub sits out of site but the combo sounds great. Now...

Subwoofer or bass turned up on play 1/3
Question

I'm looking at buying a sub to add to my Play 1 and 3 in a large living room. I was considering buying 2 play 1/3 and just turning the bass up on these using the equaliser function. The idea being i...

Virtual DJ and Sonos
Question

When using Laptop, Virtual DJ and Connect Amp do i nees to use mixer and Asio sound card?

Best investment
Question

I own a $700 lg sound bar So looking at a connect to start with I have 2 play 1s I can't afford a Sonos sound bar and sub . Would this be the best investment? Would it mean I can use my play 1s with m...

Moved house. What now?
Answered

Preface - I have no idea about sounds systems. I have just moved into a house that has 4 Sonos speakers installed in the kitchen ceiling. There are four pairs of wires coming from the ceiling on to t...

Play 1 two packs????
Question

Last summer at my local BestBuy there was a play 1 two pack, about $50 cheaper than the $400. It came in one box, seem to make perfect sense. Will the 2 packs becoming back?

Setting up a multi-room Sonos system - a novice seeks recommendations and help
Question

I am thinking of setting up a Sonos multi-room system in my house. I am very new to hi-fi and so would greatly appreciate any helpful comments or suggestions, particularly if anyone has any recommenda...

Stupid question?
Question

I was under the impression that the songs connect or connect amp were used to stream music and you could add any of the play speakers if you wanted wired or wireless option. My question is can you buy...

Which is a better setup for my main TV, a playbar and sub, or 2 play:5's and a sub?
Question

Looking to build a nice surround sound setup for my living room. Would 2 of the new Play:5's be better than a Playbar?

Badges

• Badge
    Argopolo earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    bkmelbk earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    mben earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    Havtrollet earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    civichotel earned the badge Meet and greet
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings