Answered

New Sonos System

I am switching out my old sound/speaker system in my 1400 sq. ft. hair salon.  No more ceiling speakers (6).   What I need is help with the system, I’m completely confused.  Do I need the Five Wireless and then bundle with several OneSL?  If so, how many?  They will be installed on top of the styling tower stations.  Thanks for your help!

icon

Best answer by caesar327 11 May 2021, 01:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7

You can mix and match different Sonos speakers depending on what you want it to sound/look like and your budget. How loud do you want the music to be? Do you just need soft background music for ambiance? Do you want a speaker at each station? Can you post a few photos of your salon? What is your budget?

http://www.christianossalon.com

Thanks so much responding.  I don’t want a speaker at each station, I’d like to put the speakers on top of specific station towers and in the reception room.  I need the music for ambiance but also to switch up the vibe, especially in the evening.  I’d like to stay around $2-3,000.  Also, I do not want the stylist to have control of the speakers, I’ll have a tablet at the front desk with the app on it and Sons Radio HD

Check out the link

Userlevel 7

If you are happy with how your six in-ceiling speakers sound, you can get two Sonos Amps to power them. You can power up to four speakers with one Amp (six speakers if you use Sonos Architectural by Sonance speakers). So in your setup, one Amp would power four speakers and one Amp would power two speakers. This option would allow you to add two more in-ceiling speakers to connect to the second Amp. Using in-ceiling speakers would give you the cleanest look in your salon and also give you the ambiance you are looking for.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/amp.html

If the in-ceiling speakers aren’t enough, you could always add a Sonos One SL or Sonos Five in a corner or on a station tower to fill the room with more sound.

Thanks for replying, I can’t use ceiling speakers anymore...the tenants above have been complaining for 18 years and I’m over it!  Urrgh!

That being said, I should get one AMP and 4 speakers, correct?  

Thanks for replying, I can’t use ceiling speakers anymore...the tenants above have been complaining for 18 years and I’m over it!  Urrgh!

There may be a way to decrease/prevent sounding from going to the tenants above.   There are products out there that do that, and you may get good enough results just by stuffing some insulation up there.

But, if you’re sold on switching to Sonos speakers, then you would not need to get an amp at all.  All Sonos speakers (Five, One SL, etc) have an amp built it already.  Since you mostly want ambient music, I would start off with 6 and add more if needed.  Well under your budget.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

There may be a way to decrease/prevent sounding from going to the tenants above.   There are products out there that do that, and you may get good enough results just by stuffing some insulation up there.

But, if you’re sold on switching to Sonos speakers, then you would not need to get an amp at all.  All Sonos speakers (Five, One SL, etc) have an amp built it already.  Since you mostly want ambient music, I would start off with 6 and add more if needed.  Well under your budget.

He’ll need an electrical outlet to plug in any Sonos speakers on top of those towers. May require an electrician so the look is clean. 

Exactly what I was thinking. The electrical cords are by 6’, I might be able to make it work and hide the cord into the towers where there are outlets.