Answered

Sonos era 300 static, pop sound

Show first post

266 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

My Era’s has just Updated

Yes same here! I understand this update was to eliminate the crack noise! I will start testing now! So far… so good! Looking forward to your comments….

it has helped so far.  i hope it never comes back

Good to hear the update is positive so far…. Still have my fingers crossed!

Me to 🙏🤞🤞🤞

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

For me the problem still exists, so even after the update... :(

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

To me the problem still persists after the 15.2.2 update… maybe weaker but more frequent.

After update to 15.2.2 sounds good! ;) 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

To me the problem still persists after the 15.2.2 update… maybe weaker but more frequent.

@Zanellato Fabio  

at which sound format did the plop sound come?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I notice it on radio channels 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

@Zanellato Fabio  

at which sound format did the plop sound come?

Milan/Naples match on Amazon PrimeVideo…reading Dolby Digital Plus 5.1

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@Zanellato Fabio @BJ2003 

okay with me it was Stereo PCM format so far, tomorrow times the other formats test…

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

it is now certain that it is a software problem

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

i think so too
i'm just surprised that they release a patch for it but it doesn't fix the problem

Userlevel 2
Badge

i think so too
i'm just surprised that they release a patch for it but it doesn't fix the problem

So far i have no problems anymore but tomorrow I’ll test more and hopefully it’s really fixed! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

i think so too

So far i have no problems anymore but tomorrow I’ll test more and hopefully it’s really fixed! 

@Edwin_73 

what sound formats do you know?

Userlevel 2
Badge

i think so too

@Edwin_73

what sound formats do you know?

Honestly, when listening to music (Spotify) this crack occurred quite frequently. With this update I didn’t hear it yet…. Tomorrow I will have a more decent look

I’ve never heard of so many issues with new Sonos speaker. We shouldn’t have to work so hard to make an expensive product work. SO many are having significant issues. How could Sonos release such a buggy product?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Following the update, all seems good on my Era 100, with music playing from my NAS.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Any more experiences with the update?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Any more experiences with the update?

Well, I’m listening now for almost 5 hours to audio on my Era 300’s and so far no cracks anymore… so far… so good! What about you?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I think I had the cracking only with stereo PCM ?!

can someone test this ?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

it's back for me too.  Yesterday after the update it was gone.  Came back today……

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

it's back for me too.  Yesterday after the update it was gone.  Came back today……

what sound formats ?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

what sound format?

I'm not exactly sure here yet. I tested them separately with Bluetooth.  No problems.  There is a major error in the software as soon as you connect the Eras as Surrounds. Defenitly not hardware problem. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

what sound format?

I'm not exactly sure here yet. I tested them separately with Bluetooth.  No problems.  There is a major error in the software as soon as you connect the Eras as Surrounds. Defenitly not hardware problem. 

Not only as surrounds. If you pair them as a stereo couple the issue also occurs! I also heard it back once again but in a much less frequency! It’s definitely a software issue…. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

what sound format?

Not only as surrounds. If you pair them as a stereo couple the issue also occurs! I also heard it back again but in a much less frequency! It’s definitely a software issue…. 

Yes also in Stereo. I think yesterday's update was to calm us down.  And it is much more work to solve this. Big big big softwareproblem….. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

so the update has not really helped anything...

it would be interesting to note the sound formats, because I think I had the errors only with stereo PCM, but could also be a coincidence...

Userlevel 2
Badge

so the update has not really helped anything...

it would be interesting to note the sound formats, because I think I had the errors only with stereo PCM, but could also be a coincidence...

It definitely helped me as i heard it once in (still trying to figure out if it was a crack) almost 7 hours of listening! Before the update I heard it much louder and more frequently! If they come so quick with an update it gives me confidence they can solve this problem!