Answered

Sonos era 300 static, pop sound

Show first post

266 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi everyone, is everyone happy so far with the ERA specific update released last week that fixes the pop and crackle issue?

For now i'm pretty satisfied! Heard no crack/ plop noise since the last update. Still I keep my fingers crossed. Also curious about other comments….

Userlevel 1
Badge

Got my Era 300s today for surround duties with my Arc, no sub, updated with the newest firmware, heard popping noise on all speakers after running Trueplay. I had to close the app and turn off the audio source to stop the popping noise. Once I disable Trueplay, no popping sounds when playing music and movies with Atmos. I have my Arc hard wired and Wifi enabled. 

it works great without Trueplay but for this much coin, it should be better. I might go back to my 9.2.2 wired set up..lol. 

Hi Guys,

First post. Have been reading this thread (unfortunately too late in the day) I got a new Era 300 a few weeks back and noticed more of a bass crackling/rattle which sounded like more of a blown speaking (than a static or popping you guys have described here). Anyway I contacted Sonos support who tried various things after I sent them a few sound samples. Ended up sending it back for replacement which should be turning up today. Hopefully the new one will be ok but is same issues I will re-read in more depth the thread here! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes it’s more like a blown speaker. It pops and crackles after running Trueplay. 

Ok thanks. A bit strange as it must have left the factory like this as was doing this from the moment I started using. Nevermind. I have just received my new speaker, completed the setup including TruePlay and it sounds perfect! Must have had a faulty one…

Userlevel 1

Hi Guys,

First post. Have been reading this thread (unfortunately too late in the day) I got a new Era 300 a few weeks back and noticed more of a bass crackling/rattle which sounded like more of a blown speaking (than a static or popping you guys have described here). Anyway I contacted Sonos support who tried various things after I sent them a few sound samples. Ended up sending it back for replacement which should be turning up today. Hopefully the new one will be ok but is same issues I will re-read in more depth the thread here! 

That is another issue ongoing for years. Here is the thread about it:

. I didn’t hear these small cracklings or pops since the latest firmware upgrade thank god, but the huge pop after trueplay setup requiring restart is another issue :/ 

For years? The Era 300 was released March 7, 2023.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I unplugged my ethernet cable from the Arc and ran it wirelessly. Did Trueplay with each one of them plus stereo pair with Era 300, works fine, then did a Trueplay for the whole set up together and heard the popping noise again right after. Contacted Support already, so I’ll see what they come up with. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

So for me the popping is gone since the update…

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Guys,

@Cbay 

check out my videos, do you have these popping noises? these should be fixed since the last update.

No, nothing like that. Mine was more a rattle/crackle  when bass was coming through the speaker, it almost sounded as though the speaker had blown is the only way I could describe it. I have a new Era 300 now and no issues, then sound is perfect 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

No, nothing like that. Mine was more a rattle/crackle  when bass was coming through the speaker, it almost sounded as though the speaker had blown is the only way I could describe it. I have a new Era 300 now and no issues, then sound is perfect 

okay well then it was defective

I'm still getting loud pops on mine even after the update. It happens when I'm using my Xbox series x and press the home button while watching Netflix.  Anyone else still getting the pops?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jccrawfo 

There were 2 separate issues causing popping noises on Era 300 units. One was a software issue and has been fixed. The second issue can only be resolved with a replacement of the speaker - I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

Having said that, not every pop you ever hear is necessarily due to an issue with the speaker - there could be other reasons. But, if there is an issue with the speaker, we will replace it for you.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I was able to run Trueplay as a system without the popping and cracking noise. I unplugged the power of the arc, reseated the same HDMI cable from the TV going to the arc. I’ll run Trueplay again to make sure it’s ok. It saved me of returning/exchanging them for new ones..LOL. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

anyone else having problems after a long time? I have no problems anymore! 🙂