Answered

Sonos era 300 static, pop sound

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

266 replies

IMO it looks like a hardware issue because I rearranged stereo pair (left positioned era as right and right as left) and the first era always has much more "vinyl noise" than the second one 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

IMO it looks like a hardware issue because I rearranged stereo pair (left positioned era as right and right as left) and the first era always has much more "vinyl noise" than the second one 

😬😬this is going to be a big problem for sonos

None of you hasn't got any valuable reply yet? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

None of you hasn't got any valuable reply yet? 

no I think I'm going to bring them back and wait for a clear answer.  Maybe I'll buy them again Then

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello I have it in the German Sonos forums also already addressed, there is the problem also with many users...

I have created another recording here where you can hear the plop sound very well.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello I have it in the German Sonos forums also already addressed, there is the problem also with many users...

I have created another recording here where you can hear the plop sound very

I have created another recording here where you can hear the plop sound very well.

thanks for the recording.  That is exactly what I hear in my 2 Era300s.  So annoying

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I have also experienced this on my new Era 100.

Since switching the microphone off (using the switch on the back of the speaker) I don’t think I have experienced any pops/clicks.

edit: I spoke too soon, but I think it’s less less and frequent, or perhaps I’ve just imagined it. 😂

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Either Sonos has a huge hardware problem or it is the software…

I find in the price range a no go, they can not claim that they have not noticed this noise, that would be ridiculous

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I find in the price range a no go, they can not claim that they have not noticed this noise, that would be ridiculous

can they also solve a hardware problem via an update?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @ProfessorPeach & @LuiG 

As you are both reporting hearing popping noises coming from your Arcs since you added Era 300s as surrounds, could you both please reproduce the issue and while the source is still playing, submit a support diagnostic, replying here with the given numbers when convenient? Thank you.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

can they also solve a hardware problem via an update?

I think this will not work

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @ProfessorPeach & @LuiG 

As you are both reporting hearing popping noises coming from your Arcs since you added Era 300s as surrounds, could you both please reproduce the issue and while the source is still playing, submit a support diagnostic, replying here with the given numbers when convenient? Thank you.

@Corry P 

i can also do, have 30 seconds afterwards a diagnosis created.

should i post the number here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Denni_86 

Thanks for responding!

Yes - if you hear popping noises (not unlike the pop and crackle from a vinyl record) from your Arc since adding Era speakers as surrounds, please post your diagnostic number here. Thank you.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Denni_86 

Thanks for responding!

Yes - if you hear popping noises (not unlike the pop and crackle from a vinyl record) from your Arc since adding Era speakers as surrounds, please post your diagnostic number here. Thank you.

@Corry P 

an update has just been released by sonos,
do you have a changelog?

attached the number :

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Denni_86 

Thanks - I’ve passed it along to an engineer.

Regarding the update (which was last month), there are these release notes:

https://support.sonos.com/article/release-notes-for-sonos-s2

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

My Era’s has just Updated

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @Denni_86 

Thanks - I’ve passed it along to an engineer.

Regarding the update (which was last month), there are these release notes:

https://support.sonos.com/article/release-notes-for-sonos-s2

@Corry P

the eras were updated to 15.2.2, the rest remained on 15.2

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @ProfessorPeach & @LuiG 

hi - I am having the same issue (Arc, 2x Era and Sub) - popping/static noises and since the recent update I’m now getting the era 300’s dropping sound. Had none of these issues with the same set up that had 2x Play 3 acting as the surrounds. Diagnostic number 1551964344

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Denni_86 

That explains why my system said it was up-to-date when I checked it to verify - I don’t have Eras. Apologies.

The update addressed some Era-specific issues, but, at present, that’s all the info I have on it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Wolf 

Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes same here! I understand this update was to eliminate the crack noise! I will start testing now! So far… so good! Looking forward to your comments….

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Yes same here! I understand this update was to eliminate the crack noise! I will start testing now! So far… so good! Looking forward to your comments….

it has helped so far.  i hope it never comes back

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I got an email from a Sonos engineer, according to this email is the update for it to eliminate the popping, the email is unfortunately in German otherwise I could attach it here....

Userlevel 2
Badge

it has helped so far.  i hope it never comes back

Good to hear the update is positive so far…. Still have my fingers crossed!

Userlevel 2
Badge

I got an email from a Sonos engineer, according to this email is the update for it to eliminate the popping, the email is unfortunately in German otherwise I could attach it here....

Thanks for the update! Please let us know your experiences so far….