Welcome to Wireless speakers

Ask a question or start a conversation about our PLAY:1, PLAY:3, or PLAY:5 speakers.

7608 Topics

Plug 2 x PLAY:5 through line-in to a desktop computer, with stereo
Question

Hello all, Since line-in is not available for PLAY:1s (gosh) : 1) Can I easily connect 2 PLAY:5s to the same single desktop computer ? My sound card only has one audio output, can i use somethin...

Play 5 loud hiss
Question

My Play 5 has recently started making a loud hissing noise, verging on crackling, when playing any audio source i.e. online music service or Line-in. The hiss is independent of volume and stops about...

Request: Roku App

I have my Sonos:Connect connected to my TV, and one thing I would LOVE to be able to do is play music through the TV and use the TV as a controller. Being able to see what is playing, and use my Roku...

Why can't I make a stereo pair from a Play 5 and Play 3?
Answered

have a play 5 and a play 3 in the same room and want to create a stereo pair. The app allows me to link either to another of the same, ie. two play 5's or two play 3's, but not one of each. Why is th...

Using Sonos outside my home, with Wifi tethering from my phone
Question

I want to be ale to take my Sonos Play 1 somewhere and have instant good sound, in a hotel or a friend's home. Just plug the Sonos to the wall and use my phone to publish a Wifi network, which Sonos...

I am trying to connect my sonos connect to my yamaha rx 675 receiver
Question

I am trying to connect my sonos connect to my yamaha rx 675 receiver but not getting the speakers from the receiver to also have the music from the play 1 speaker. Not sure what I've done wrong. I h...

customer service failure

I contacted customer service to see if I could send my Play5 in for repair. I told them that I thought it had stopped working due to water damage and this is the response I got: Thank you for co...

Speaker in multiple groups

Hi all currently I have 1 Playbar, 1 Sub, and 2 Play1. All grouped together in "Living Room". I would like to be able to create two groups: - Living Room TV (all of the above) - Living Room Musik (...

Cleaning my Play:3 Speaker
Question

I accidentally got lotion on the front of my speaker, and the outline of the lotion is still there and its really bothering me. Fortunately it hasn't impacted the sound of the speaker. But I was wonde...

headset icon always present

The headset icon is always present even without headphones and I can not hear the sound on one of the two play 5

UK bought SONOS - Will it work in the US?
Question

I am moving to NYC from London and have two play 1's and a playbar. Will these devices work in the US? I think I need to buy a new power cable and change the current, is that right? Thanks!

Controller
Question

Is there any way to isolate a speaker to one controller so that other people on the same network cannot ajust the volume or change songs? Thanks

NO DTS on NEW PlayBase and thats not due to hardware limitations.

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2017/3/7/14828738/sonos-playbase-tv-speaker-soundbar-announced "But home theater enthusiasts might be disappointed with some of the technical details. For one...

SONOS ALEXA Integration?
Question

Been waiting to hear news about when this will happen and am starting to think it never will. I have Sonos and Alexa in every room. I did this with the assurance that Sonos and Alexa are going to work...

SONOS OUTDOOR SPEAKERS

When will SONOS introduce outdoor speakers?

2.4Ghz or 5Ghz

Does it matter whether you connect speakers to the 2.4 or 5 GHz network? Besides if someone has a iphone 4 or something not capable of connecting to the 5 Ghz network...

Surround Speakers (Play 3 x 2) drop intermittently

I have a Bar, Sub and 2 Play 3s configured together. I've tried using the Sonos network ("WM:0") as well as my wi-fi network. I've tried changing the wireless channel. All to no avail, so at this p...

Control Sonos with Alexa, Now

If you want to do this, right now, just enable the "My Speaker" skill. You'll need a Windows 10 PC to run the bridge app, but that's it. No technical skills required, just install the app and run it....

Are Sonos going to produce a mains free player?
Question

Are Sonos going to produce a mains free player like the Bose Soundlink III, or smaller speakers like the Minirig?

Add Support for NTLMv2

After much testing trying to get my new Play:5 to connect to my network music library share on my Windows Server 2012 R2 server, it appears that Sonos does not support NTLMv2. It would appear from an...

Sonos Play 5 Gen 2 - unable to connect after reset
Answered

Can someone advise I had a problem indexing my music library, in short, the sonos software would not allow me to remove a music share (music folder on my PC desktop) so I decided to uninstall all the...

Allow to group the volume control to the hardware buttons on the Sonos unit!

I have a Play1 on my counter in the master bath and now added and complimented with in ceiling speakers and grouped with a Connect Amp located in the closet. I want to group the volume control on the...

Please add RTMP support to Sonos

As a stand-alone iPhone app, TuneIn Radio can play rtmp streams no problem, but the TuneIn service within Sonos cannot do it ("incorrectly encoded" error message). Let's get rtmp capability up an...

Sonos connect keeps cutting out

My connect keeps cutting out/stuttering when playing music. It is currently plugged in via ethernet cable as it was also cutting out before when running on wireless. My internet speed is 100mbps so I...

Prevent access to Sonos for public sonos set up
Question

I have read quite a few posts such as https://en.community.sonos.com/controllers-software-228995/password-to-avoid-guests-changing-music-36704 I have a dual band router and guest mode enabled. As...

Badges

• Badge
    cwcampb earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    User660879 earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    Russico earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    johnwalt9 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    God earned the badge Almost Famous
View all "Badges"