Skip to main content
Answered

How do I connect my Sonos to a new wifi network?

• 28 July 2023
  • 2 replies

We just got a new wifi setup, with a new network name. I opened the app on my iPhone and followed the “let’s fix this” instructions per https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/connect-sonos-to-a-new-router-or-wi-fi-network?language=en_US .. I picked one device to reconnect (a Sonos One), pressed the button per instructions, allowed my phone to connect to a “SONOS” wi-fi network, per instructions, and… Nothing. My phone says “can’t connect to network SONOS” or something to that effect.

My Sonos setup is already messed up because of a PC reconfiguration, and now my speakers are utterly unusable.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I’d recommend the ‘old school’ (now) method of wiring one Sonos device directly to your router, and give Sonos 2 or 3 minutes to switch over to SonosNet.

Obviously, this wouldn’t work with the Roam or Move, or even the Era speakers, since they don’t connect to SonosNet, but the process you used worked well for me last week when I needed to connect just the Roam to a new network. 

Oh geez I think I got it working. I don’t know what the magic solution was, but I did a whole bunch of wire-swapping and turning-it-off-and-turning-it-back-on-again-ing and restarting the sonos app, and suddenly it found all my devices!

So, thanks! =D