Welcome to Advanced setups

Dive into complex and advanced Sonos topics here. Got a cool Sonos 'hack' to share?

1983 Topics

Wireless Bridge

I have no ethernet option owing to the configuration of our home, so went with the wireless bridge approach. I can run the ZPs fine from the desktop, but am struggling to get the CR100 to recognize t...

Bridges, Martians and Squeezeboxes

Hi, Have previously been using a Martian Netrdive (wireless Liniux hardrive with built in slimserver) and several squeezeboxes for my wi-fi music system, but have decided to upgrade to the Sonos syst...

Airport Base Station vs Extreme Base Station

Hi, Very excited to have brought home my Sonos package today!!! I am going to set up with G4, Airport Express and hopefully an Airport Base Station (white with LAN, WAN). But all the Sonos literature...

Wireless Bridge disadvantages?

I'm curious what the disadvantages are when using the Airport Express as a wireless bridge to eliminate the first wire in your Sonos Digital Music System? For example, is there an increased chance of...

audio skipping

My audio outside of sonos is skipping. Itermittent dropouts of all audio on my mac. It occurs on all audio except sonos, net, itunes, quicktime etc. When I play mp3 files from the ext drive with son...

Auto Convert Flac to MP3

I have looked into portable FLAC players and like the Cowon X5, but I do understand that playing lossless files greatly reduces battery life because of the processing involved. I also see that the iP...

Sonos and Macintosh

Mac's cannot see the Maxtor Ethernet connected drive commonly used as a network storage... Any suggestions for a way of accessing an Ethernet drive using Mac running OSX?

Ethernet-Wireless bridge recommendations

I'm looking to purchase (when available) the ZP80 to connect to my existing home audio/video system. The stereo area does not have an ethernet connection so I'm looking to use a ethernet-wireless bri...

No music from pc?

Just bought a bundle hour ago, up and running, but I can't believe i can't play music out of a pc on the network? at least the one that the music is installed on, am I missing something. I was told co...

Wireless vs. Wired

I sent this to support, but I realize there may be options outside of the supported setup and thought I'd also post it here. Thanks for any thoughts. Paul -- Hi, I'm finally ready to order a setu...

Sonos - Very much unsupported

by everything else. Looking forward to MichaelD's HomeSeer plugin. As the House is controlled by the interlligent alarm system, which talks (solid-state module) to the CBUS lighting/mains system, th...

Sonos Protocol

Has anyone had a look at how the desktop software controls the ZonePlayer and whether this could be reverse engineered in any way? I want to try and get some of my home automation kit to talk to sono...

Linkstation and Sonos

Morning All, I wonder if you can help? A friend of mine has been using a Linkstation HDHLAN120 with his Sonos for about a year now - no problems at all. Anyway - to cut a long story short. The lin...

System playing up after slight jiggle of components

After doing a little bit of re-organisation my Sonos set up is now misbehaving. First the problem: MP3s with a bitrate above 192 stutter when playing. At 320 (which almost all of my music is encoded...

Wireless bridge problems

I'm having problems with my Sonos having installed a Belkin wireless bridge that connects to the primary ZP. The controlller frequently loses it's connection to the ZP and music playback halts. Someti...

The point...

Hi, The purpose of this forum is collect discussions about setups/workaround/etc that are not officially supported by Sonos but are still useful information for those so inclined. As things move alo...

Wireless Help for the not so tech literate

I don't want to run a wire to my PC and I see that you can use a wireless connection to my music (first zone)...I currently have a Intel Wireless Gateway connected to my PC that I use often when worki...

Hook up to DMS with wireless internet connection

Before I buy a sonos system, I want to make sure it will work with my current set up without any problems. My home office PC (which has little or no music on it) has a high speed cable modem. My Dig...

Buffalo Terrastation in Raid5 setup poll

I've recently switched to access my music from a Buffalo Terrastation and I find the response times from the controller when adding a song etc much slower. What I want to know is if there is a better...

Integrating with a Russound Media Server

I have a Russound SMS3 media server connected to a whole house audio system. Unfortunately Russound does not offer a nice wireless controller so I'm trying to integrate the Sonos system in to the Rus...

Has anyone configured successful wireless bridging for the first ZP?

I have read the related threads and think that a few of you have tried and/or are running off a wireless bridge. If so, I'd be interested in hearing about you configuration. I've got the Netgear WGE...

Game Adapter as Wireless Bridge

Setting up my Sonos for the first time and would like to use a wireless bridge to make the first box wireless. For some reason, I can't find the Linksys wireless bridge in retail (I'd rather buy it...

Anyone with gigabit network knowledge?

Hi, I'm conceptualizing my new house, and I have a question about gigabit networking. I'm not sure this is the best place to ask, but I thought I'd throw it out here. Ok, let's assume my new house...

Heads up: enable promiscuous mode on LAN adaptors

This is a heads up for anyone else that runs into problem getting a two LAN adapter system working properly. Our DSL comes into our office upstairs and from there we have an 811b link to the system d...

Locking the volume control

It is possible to lock the volume on a per ZP basis. Sonos put the functionality in there, but just did not expose it though the user interface. The script below will list all ZPs on your network, a...

Badges

• Badge
    bs49 earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    ChuckCo earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    Jens Almdkou earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    keats earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    FergusP earned the badge Meet and greet
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings