Welcome to Advanced setups

Dive into complex and advanced Sonos topics here. Got a cool Sonos 'hack' to share?

1929 Topics

Klipsch Speakers

Hey all, I'm in love with Klipsch speakers. Started with the Promedia 5.1's and later I got to hear the reference series (7's) and love the sound. Anyway I'm a college student in an apartment... tw...

relocating sonos playlists

I'm using Sonos with a NAS. Today I installed a larger, quiter HDD for storing my music. I create the exact same folder sturcture on the new drive and re-index the Sonos. All works well but the sonos...

48000khz unable to be played?

Hey. I just recieved my sonos zoneplayer, its great! The only problem im having is that i cant play files that were encoded at 48000khz... Is there any way around this? as i dont wanna have to re-en...

In ceiling speaker recommendation

I've been putting Zoneplayers in my attic and installing in-ceiling speakers. So far I've installed AudioSource IW-8S and Camb Sound Works Ambiance 60's. The CSW speakers are far superior to the Audio...

Volume control line-out

Hi All! Seriously considering a Sonos system but have a question for you all. If I use the line-out to my reciever in the family room will the volume controls on the Sonos controller do anything? I...

Build your own NAS

I answered this in a previous thread about NAS, but thought I might create a new thread so everyone got a chance to see this. I bought the Buffalo NAS myself, so I don't have any experience with these...

Got Mine Today - Selling Audiotron/Roku, Rio, etc

I have owned both of the HP and Compaq Hard Disk/CD Recorders (forget model names/numbers), and I currently own two Sonic Blue Rio Receivers, one Roku M1000 wireless player, one Turtlebeach Audiotron,...

Using Line Out - Interference

I am attempting to use the "line out" on a ZP as an input on a remote receiver (in a different room). Given the distance, my goal was to use an extra Cat 5 wire that is already terminated at both end...

HP z545 Media Center and Sonos

Hello, Has anyone connected the Sonos system to the HP Media Center (z545)? Would the Sonos controller be capable of directing the functionality of the 545? Thanks, Marc

You Can Stream DRM Protected Files

OK, just recieved my Sonos. Based on another post, I tried connecting the Sonos Analog In to my Analog Out on my sound card. I than went into Windows Media Player and started to play DRM and selecte...

Speaker Switches

Can you connect a zoneplayer to a speaker selection device (like a Niles, etc.) that is controlling 1-6 pairs of low end bookshelf/ceiling/inwall type speakers or does it only work with one pair of sp...

DRM'd WMA Support

I know I read somewhere on the site that Sonos anticipated adding support for DRM'd WMA format, is that true? If so, what's the ETA? Also, is WMA Lossless not supported due to similar reasons or is...

Best lossless format and app for NAS setup?

I'm about to RIP my music collection to a NAS (NSLU2) for a Sonos setup. I want to use an uncompressed or lossless format and have artist, song, album and album art info. What is the best format and...

Problem - Establishing a Wireless Bridge

Hi, I am trying to setup a wireless bridge using Linksys WET54G to the 1st ZP but can't seem to establish a connection between my Linksys WRT54GS Router and my WET54G. I have a 160GB Buffalo Linkstat...

Line Level Out - Speaker Rec's

I recently purchased some Mod2 Orb speakers (orbaudio.com) and haven't decided if I'm keeping them. The acoustics in my bedroom have been unforgiving the the thumping bass and brassy satellites. I'm...

Cheap wireless bridge for first ZP [make first zone wireless]

Okay...I haven't tried this myself yet, but I've been doing some reading on this since it drives me crazy that the first zoneplayer can't be wireless and I can't buy one until I've had this first crit...

RCA Inputs

Hi all, Quick ?. Each ZP can accept one set of RCA line ins for distribution to other ZPs. My plan was to connect all my other stereo gear (DVD, tape deck, Tivo) to a Y adaptor of sorts and connect...

Will this work?

Let's say I am on my PC streaming XM radio from the internet connected home network to my audio card (I am an XM subscriber). I take the speaker output from the audio card and use it as line-in to th...

"Best" File Format and Bit Rate for SONOS

I plan to rip my entire music collection to a NSD purchased in anticipation of buying multiple ZPs and remotes from SONOS. While there are many file formats and bit rates I can select from my IMac, u...

Zone Player access NAS constantly?

I have a simpletech 250gb NAS drive and have noticed it does not spin down after not being accessed like it used to. Does the Zone player that is connected to the network constantly access the networ...

Line In Question

If you have multiple ZonePlayers can you hook up multiple sources to each Player's Line-In? For example, I want to have my main ZonePlayer hooked up to an Airport Express (so that I can play DRM'd mu...

Stupid Question from Roku Soundbridge Owner

So...I currently own a Roku Soundbridge now with an NSLU running mt-daapd on it to do sort of a subset of what the Sonos system does. I love it, however it does definitely have some shortcomings- whi...

Multiple simultaneous outputs?

From a single Zone Player, can I use the audio (RCA) outputs at the same time I'm using the speaker outputs? I would like to locate a zone player in my living room and connect it to a pair of speakers...

NAS - Network Attached Storage Solutions

Please tell me how you can use NAS Solutions with SONOS. Are there supported vendors? What exactly do you need a PC for? Will Rhapsody service work with it? I want to have no PC at home, just my lapt...

Sonos API for home automation

Hi all, Is there an XML (or other) API that we can use to allow home automation systems to send SonosNet commands - eg do a post of an XML doc to the Sonos ZonePlayer to stop playback, or to play a s...

Badges

• Badge
    ninjaguy earned the badge Carving it out II
  • Badge
    jishi earned the badge Round of Applause
  • Badge
    stuartw78 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    ckeen earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Lahovary earned the badge Almost Famous
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings