Question

Connect Sonos to a new jukebox

• 8 February 2018
  • 1 reply

We bought a new Rock-Ola cd jukebox for our restaurant and I want to play our playlist through it. When someone throws a coin in the jukebox the juke takes priority and it must switch back automatically to playlist when when cd is not playing. Well, I got from Rock-Ola that this is possible (Their answer: Play it as a background with your device. It will play until you make a selection on the jukebox. The jukebox takes priority. Then it will go back to background after all songs selected are finished.) Now my question; has anyone else done this and knows exactly what sonos products we need for this? Supplier recommended a sonos base station – but what's that:?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I don't know without more information but my best guess is that there is an input on the jukebox for background music. You could plug a Sonos Connect into that and play a long playlist through it. When somebody played a jukebox song the speakers would switch over to that (the Sonos would still be playing but the sound would not go anywhere while the jukebox selection was playing). After the jukebox was done the speakers would switch back to the Sonos that is still playing and you would hear that music again.