Question

Two connect amps

• 5 June 2017
  • 7 replies

Has anyone tried two connect amps as the same room? I currently have one connect amp driving four separate speakers in my yard. I'd like to add another amp and remove the splice but don't want two separate volumes/rooms.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Just group the two sonos amps. Another way would be to get a AMP not from sonos that can drive 4 speakers and just use the line out from the sonos to send audio to the amp. Should be able to find a decent amp for less than another sonos connect amp.
Why do you want to add another amp?
Good point Ballistic. And Kumar, I need a reason to want more amps? BTW the speakers I just added in the yard are Difinitive 6500's and they sound really nice.
Oh yeah you'll want ether 2 connect amps or a decent amp to power 4 to push those speakers, Sonos connect is only what 55W? when your speakers can take 200?
Right! They sound hungry.
I asked the question to understand the objective. Note that doubling the amp power gives approx a 20% increase in perceived sound levels indoors; this will be lower out of doors.

The 200 mentioned in the speaker spec and the 55 of the Connect Amp spec isn't apples and oranges if the speaker spec is drafted in the way speaker specs usually are.

Nothing wrong is adding amps so long as your expectations are in line with what that will do. I have two in a indoor open space, each driving a pair of speakers because I don't want sound to be too loud in one part of the space to be heard properly in the rest of it, without having to run speaker wires across.
I have similar setup and you mentioned instead of having to sync 2 connect amps get another amp and use the line out on Sonos. However there is no line out on Sonos connect amp so you’d still have to purchase another Sonos Connect and use the line out from Sonos connect and connect that to amp to power speakers. Just confirming is that what u meant?