Question

Sonos Connect:AMP with Apple TV Remote

• 20 February 2018
  • 2 replies

I use Apple TV and Playstation vue for my tv. I have surround speakers hooked up to my Connect:AMP. Normally the apple TV remote controls the volume through the speakers on the TV. I see some articles on programming it control the Playbar but is there any way to program the Apple TV remote to control the volume through the Connect:AMP? If you set the TV to "External Speakers" you get a "Not available" every time you hit the volume buttons on the Apple remote. As it is now, I'm left adjusting volume for TV via the Sonos app on my phone (which is inconvenient if you don't have your phone in your pocket 24/7).

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

The playbar/playbase can receive control signals through either IR (for remotes) or wifi/Ethernet. The connect:amp can't receive IR signals like most results send. The apple tv remote has IR and Bluetooth, so no, it won't be able to talk to your connect:amp. I don't own one personally, but I believe some version of Logitech harmony remotes can communicate through wifi to control your connect:amp and pretty much everything else you own.
Userlevel 4
Badge +14
There are DIY solutions if you want to get your hands dirty. I've built a raspberry pi with an ir receiver to achieve what you want, and other people have made arduino builds for the same purpose.

I am not aware of any pre-made solutions though.