Answered

Sonos Arc Samsung Frame TV eARC not working

Userlevel 3

So I just set up the Sonos Arc soundbar that supports eARC. It works with my 2020 65" Frame TV until I change the eARC setting on the Frame TV to Auto. The sound mutes and I can't get it to play until I turn eARC off. Anyone else have this issue? I’ve messed around with this for a few hours to no avail. 

icon

Best answer by Ditte 22 January 2021, 17:53

View original

668 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Update from Sonos

Hi Mike,   Thanks for the information.

The behavior you have reported and have experienced has already been notified directly to Samsung developers for further investigation. 

Sonos and Samsung engineers are working together to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

- Once there is an update, we will make sure to notify the affected customers.

Thanks again.   With best regards,    Olivier H. Sonos | Customer Care | Contact Us
Userlevel 1
Badge

Q90t arrived. EARC possible now without any problems, Arc is shown as HDMI EARC Receiver. Interestingly the sonos app now shows Input: Dolby Atmos instead of DD+ (Dolby Atmos), when watching a show on Netflix in Atmos.

so i think it’s really a one connect box issue.

i have the tv on its stand anyway, don’t care about the one visible connection, the arc in front hides all cables..so just saved 200€ and now have the full capability...

Userlevel 1
Badge

Q90t arrived. EARC possible now without any problems, Arc is shown as HDMI EARC Receiver. Interestingly the sonos app now shows Input: Dolby Atmos instead of DD+ (Dolby Atmos), when watching a show on Netflix in Atmos.

so i think it’s really a one connect box issue.

i have the tv on its stand anyway, don’t care about the one visible connection, the arc in front hides all cables..so just saved 200€ and now have the full capability...

Excellent news - My Q90T arrives today! I’m not fussed about cables either as mine will be on a stand.

Still not heard from returns people about collecting Q95T though.

Userlevel 1
Badge

My q95t will be collected on Friday...

Userlevel 1
Badge

My q95t will be collected on Friday...

I requested return last Friday, but not heard from them yet. Will just wait :) 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Q90T all set up and confirm the same as Rudi that all working as it should be.

Can now select eARC to auto and have full DA on Netflix (to start with)

Userlevel 1
Badge

When I watch something in DD+ 5.1, the input now shows the following, whereas before it was showing Dolby Digital Plus 5.1

is that a Good thing? 😂

Userlevel 1

I have Samsung The Frame 2020 with the Sonos Arc. Hdmi earc doesn't work. In the couple of weeks, two engineers came by and they can't solve it. When can I expect a firmware update for this problem? I can now only watch PCM, but I want Dolby Atmos!

Userlevel 1
Badge

I don’t think it’s necessarliy a bad thing - 

Found this on the Sony site 

‘Pulse-Code Modulation (PCM) and the Dolby Digital® technology refer to different types of digital audio recordings. PCM is the conventional method for converting analog audio into digital audio. The PCM audio recorded on DVD is a two-channel digital, stereo audio track.’

Its all far too complicated :rolling_eyes:  

I also just received the Sonos Arc + Sub and it is not working with the Frame 2020 50“. The Arc doesn't play any sound at all from the TV, but it obviously works when streaming music from my iPhone on the bar. 

The fun thing is that it was working when I connected it for the first time, but then it felt like the connection is distracted because the sound started to jerk but now it is completely gone. I also bought a new high quality HDMI cable but no change at all.

It really annoys me if you spend so much money on a new TV and Sound system and then it doesn't work. 

I tried a lot of your tipps and tricks but nothing worked so far. Still no sound :(

Userlevel 1
Badge

I really think it’s a problem of the one connect box...i have the q90t now and there a no problems whatsoever anymore...highly recommend that combination 

Userlevel 1
Badge

I agree with Rudi, one connect box problem. Friend has purchased a frame so thought I would test by Arc with that and same result.

Q90T all the way (although I’m having to return mine as it developed a screen fault after 24 hours :rolling_eyes:) Exactly the same  spec TV without the one connect and the metal remote. I do hate the plastic remote so purchased the metal version on amazon :joy:

Userlevel 1
Badge

You can also get the metal one on eBay for 30-40€

Userlevel 1
Badge

First cutouts noted today..had to power off the sonos arc..then it worked again...weird..

Userlevel 1
Badge

First cutouts noted today..had to power off the sonos arc..then it worked again...weird..

Oh dear, both my Samsungs were collected today. Now to order another - Third time lucky hopefully! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Cross my fingers for you! :-)

Userlevel 1
Badge

just4info:

There’s a new firmware upgrade on the Samsung support page for the q90t/q95t series...1302.4..dated 14.07.

dont know if it solves any problems, didn’t find the time to update yet..

Userlevel 1
Badge

just4info:

There’s a new firmware upgrade on the Samsung support page for the q90t/q95t series...1302.4..dated 14.07.

That will be interesting to see if it’s a fix for one connect and the sound cut out probs. Fingers crossed! 

Userlevel 1

just4info:

No, it doesn't solve the problem. I've installed it.

Userlevel 1
Badge

just4info:

No, it doesn't solve the problem. I've installed it.

Ah bugger! My new Q90T arrives Thursday.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Which problem? The cut outs or the earc no sound issue?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Which problem? The cut outs or the earc no sound issue?

I’m more interested in cut out issues now as earc will work on q90t

I’m having the same problem with not working eArc on The Frame 65 and Sonos Arc. Really disappointing. :(

Hello,  I just purchased A Samsung Frame 75” and looking at buying the Sonos Arc, but waiting to see if these problems are fixed first. 

Is the Arc functioning with optical audio cable as a temp fix?  

Thanks.

Hello, I just wanted to report that i am having the same eARC issue with my 55” Samsung Frame TV and Sonos ARC. Such a disappointment, as these were key features that i purchased these products together for...