Interview

Sonos App Redesign AMA

Sonos App Redesign AMA

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

770 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

In the new Web app and v8x mobile apps you have removed the ability for me to search my (very large) local library. You do not list that as a capability you will restore. I know it remains browsable but it’s pretty useless accessed that way. Is local library search ever coming back, and if it is will it be integrated in the general search capability or siloed off?

Userlevel 4
Badge

After investing almost $4000 in Sonos products - I am extremely disappointed that issues stemming from engineers dilemma were placed at a higher priority than maintaining usability and functionality for existing customers. Who made, and who is holding accountability for (from a senior leadership level), these decisions? What is being done to prevent this from happening again? What is being done to change the perspective on how you respond to frustrated customers? Calling the app update “brave” is a ridiculously out-of-touch position to take when you are removing functionality in favor of app “beautification”.

Userlevel 2

Not directly about the update but : What about chromecast for us androids ? Like really. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

How long will you allow users to remain on the previous version of the app?

How can folks roll back to the prior version if we were on auto-update?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Is this the extent of their EVENT?  Another post-it discussion?

Userlevel 2

Is this a “chatbox” event or a life broadcast, where is the link? somebody ever used Teams or Zoom ???

Userlevel 3

I’m stumped. How do I see replies to questions? I don’t see a link, just the fact that there are replies. Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge

New App will not browse to my library folders and play or que up the contents of a folder. Since the new app, it will only que ONE SONG at a time?! This has ruined how our household uses your product entirely, as everyone in our household uses our servers for music streaming to various locations in the home. This feature is why we have continued to grow our Sonos product line, but now - we have a house of speakers that can play one song at a time?  Can we fix or roll-back this now vs waiting and hoping ? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Are alarms coming back? When?

They were rolled out in today’s update - I see. iOS, at least.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

How do you justify releasing an app that lacked core functionality that users rely on?

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’m concerned with how our entire systems are now being exposed to the internet whilst being protected behind a simple username/password.

Why was this considered a safe approach and what are the plans with respect to securing our networks and devices behind something more secure?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is Patrick here to explain what happened?

Userlevel 3

Is there any way to get back the “Play Next” and “Add to End of Queue”? I used it all the time and is important to users

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Where’s the link to the AMA??

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Is Patrick here to explain what happened?

Doesn’t look like anyone is here…

Userlevel 3

Would you like to explain to my 5 year old why he is not able to listen to his favourite music stored on my NAS? Will you even be supporting NAS (local) playback going forward?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

There seems to be a new update in the macOS app - is this an update to the app or the system firmware?

It is unclear.

• Given the lack of disclosure about the feature regression, should we trust a new update? 
Userlevel 4
Badge

I’m going to sneak this in here, because why not.

Why was support for Chromecast never brought to any Sonos devices?

Userlevel 4

Very  disappointed about this AMA. Thought it would a real talk with the Sonos Managment and hear some real answers but sadly I haven’t seen anything yet… Are you afraid of us???

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Haha - is this the AMA “event”?

A simple forum thread devoid of answers…? 
Nice way to drive the nail in the customer confidence coffin.

Userlevel 2

In addition to all the other well-documented missing features, why is something as simple as muting specific speakers, or groups or speakers, not in this new app? The app has been nothing but buggy and missing features but no muting is baffiling. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

With this new layered UI, the back arrow always being at the top and outside of the layer you are in is confusing. The back arrow should be inside of the layer I am interacting with to make it clear what section of the UI the back arrow is controlling. Will this be fixed? 

Can you talk about what development platform you are using for the new app. I am assuming that the new app is a green field dev that is built on something completely different than the previous app. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

13' minutes in and I haven't seen an answer yet. Am I missing something?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello, thank you for offering us to ask you almost anything. Have you found the time yet, to figure out some answers???