Skip to main content
Question

New app Sucks!!

This new app is one of the worst apps I have ever used! I have been a high end integrator for 30 years! I love Sonos but will now have to find a new music system to sell if they don’t fix this!

I’ve never before commented on a string before but, I’m making an exception for this thread and wholeheartedly agree this application SUCKS!  I am so friggin’ frustrated!  If I didn’t have so much money invested in their speakers I’d change to a different company!  I’ve given up for the day.  

I am also furious. My system is unusable. 

This new app is one of the worst apps I have ever used! I have been a high end integrator for 30 years! I love Sonos but will now have to find a new music system to sell if they don’t fix this!

Every feature that was useful has been removed. It’s made the system nearly unusable. I have 14 Sonos speakers but if they don’t fix this - I’ll start over with a new system. 

I’ve never before commented on a string before but, I’m making an exception for this thread and wholeheartedly agree this application SUCKS!  I am so friggin’ frustrated!  If I didn’t have so much money invested in their speakers I’d change to a different company!  I’ve given up for the day.  

I am also furious. My system is unusable. 

I created an account to comment as well. That’s how frustrated I’ve become. Hah

I agree - i turn down my volume on the main screen and literally watch the sonos app turn itself back up 20’seconds later. Like seriously what user interface blatantly contradicts the user 20’seconds later?!?! The  I look at whats playing and its a song  from 4 songs back in the queue.  I go into the app and it says no music queue is empty - and music is playing.   Last night at midnight i literally couldnt get the music to turn off so i had to un plug all components

Everyone in my community has been wrecked by the most recent Sonos app upgrade.  

For android users:

Uninstall/remove/delete/throw away the 'new’ Sonos app 

And after that download the 16-1 apk and install
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/sonos-inc/sonos-for-android/sonos-for-android-16-1-release/
And you'll be able to use your phone or tablet like you used to a couple of days ago
Enjoy!

For Apple (iPhone or iPad) users:

Use SonoPad instead of the 'new’ Sonos app.

It’s a total disaster! 

class action lawsuit! 

I agree, i have sonos in my Hole House, and now it is not Worning.

Undo the Update, it was Worning fine before!

Bring back the bottom buttons that were always there.

My Sonos--Browse--Rooms--Search-- Settings.

These buttons at the bottom were always there. And did 95% of what I needed daily.

They never moved no mater what screen I was in.

They are gone,,,, WTF?  

Downgrade to S1. The hardware I have allowed me to downgrade to S1. (I know for most this will not be an option)

All is working perfectly now and is simple with the Main (Fixed) buttons at the bottom. (no swiping)

The cool part is that Sonos will not be changing the S1 app. They will leave it alone in its completely functional state.  

Downgrade to S1. The hardware I have allowed me to downgrade to S1. (I know for most this will not be an option)

All is working perfectly now and is simple with the Main (Fixed) buttons at the bottom. (no swiping)

The cool part is that Sonos will not be changing the S1 app. They will leave it alone in its completely functional state.  

🤣You can’t downgrade to S1 unless you have the old app. It isn’t included in the new app.

I agree the app is terrible.  I have 7 play 1s and a play 3.

many of the features you are all missing are features I am unfamiliar with.  I AM NOT TECH SAVVY.  

I used to select the room then select the playlist from my library and move on with my life.  Half my speakers aren’t connected.  I changed ISPs at the same time my ap auto updated and I have tried using the well meaning advise to reset everything and now nothing works.  I don’t have time (hours) to wait on hold for support.  My fear is when or if they get this sorted out I will have messed everything up and not be able to use it.  
my 8 speakers are old technology I’ve been told but it was a huge investment for me.  I don’t have the money to replace with something else.  

Update. I deleted the Sonos app and paid for and installed sonophone. 

Thanks for the idea. I’ve installed sonophone and I can now see and control my library from my iPhone. What a bunch of fools, forcing a download on people that wrecks the app for anyone who uses a local library rather than streaming

Joined just to agree: the new mobile app is terrible. Lowlights:

• I can’t figure out how to play an artist radio from Tidal - only the first track
  • As others have mentioned, lack of mute controls on individual components
  • Why did the UI to change individual component volume change?
  • New search has never been great and feels even slower

And finally, this one’s hard to explain concisely, but: I use the mobile app start one source on the kitchen and living room. Later, I use my computer to start another source in the office. Finally, I’d like to use the phone to join the kitchen and living room to join the office. I can’t!

This should be rolled back immediately.

It simply does not work. No access to alarms. Music plays, stops playing, plays again… Currently own 10 speakers and this is so bad I’m seriously considering getting rid of them all. If not for the GUI on my MacBook, I honestly don’t know how I would use any of them. If this was tested before being released… Heads should roll.

I agree 100%  Sonos has taken two steps back on this latest update.  It makes me think that they aren’t interested in its customers experience.  Very frustrating!!!

I wish I could swap out the new Sonos update. It really sucks. Not user friendly and difficult to navigate. Sonos engineers and management really goofed this one up. Equipment sales will drop.

Did everyone read the email where they said they fell short? Fell short alright and what the email also lacked was an apology and yes they say they are fixing some things but most of the features / functions that I want fixed weren’t even on their little list of upcoming fixes!!?? It should have been an apology and also the ability to downgrade back to the previous app until such time as the new app is in a state that is actually user friendly and workable. I honestly feel like that email was just put out because the CEO received so many complaint emails (I was one of them) as well as customer service complaints and instead of answering any of us individually they just put out this generic “we fell short but it was necessary and we are improving” email. Not really good enough in my opinion!! What did anyone else think of their email and website statement? 

I agree - i turn down my volume on the main screen and literally watch the sonos app turn itself back up 20’seconds later. Like seriously what user interface blatantly contradicts the user 20’seconds later?!?! The  I look at whats playing and its a song  from 4 songs back in the queue.  I go into the app and it says no music queue is empty - and music is playing.   Last night at midnight i literally couldnt get the music to turn off so i had to un plug all components

Yes, i agree totally, same problem for me.

I really hate SONOS!

It simply does not work. No access to alarms. Music plays, stops playing, plays again… Currently own 10 speakers and this is so bad I’m seriously considering getting rid of them all. If not for the GUI on my MacBook, I honestly don’t know how I would use any of them. If this was tested before being released… Heads should roll.

I completely agree🗡️😵

This is not my first rant but after a mandatory update yesterday, ALL OF MY SPEAKERS ARE GONE!  I had to unplug each one to get it to join my network.  Unbelievable.  I now have 2 systems and the 2 amps in the 2nd system (both have the same name) will not connect.  WTF Sonos--my installer wants to help but not @ 150 per hour just ot do factory resets on everything. 

I don’t write reviews as they always end up to be an opinion of the one posting. In this special case i will make an exception and agree with every-one here, the update is really really bad. I can imagine that you want users to use your services as much as possible but removing external features in this amount is ridiculous;

• volume control out of the sonos app doesn’t work any more
  • tunein for some reason isn’t reachable
  • i haven’t noticed yet, but serious; forgot the sleep timer?
  • i have two systems to maintain, previously it automatcly switched between the systems but now i have to login every time
  • i have never seen an app show the “something went wrong” error this much

please roll back to the old S2 version, this was acceptable

Quote “please roll back to the old S2 version, this was acceptable”

That's what i did. Thanks!
It relieved me of my annoyance.

Please tell us how to do that…

From what I have read, you can only roll back if you are on Android, not iPhone or ios.