Skip to main content
Question

New app Sucks!!

This new app is one of the worst apps I have ever used! I have been a high end integrator for 30 years! I love Sonos but will now have to find a new music system to sell if they don’t fix this!

😢 thanks… i will stay suffering. I thought i bought a good quality system, i’ll wait with some planned expansions

Crap!! Roll back the old service. It's very frustrating using your application after 12 years of being a loyal customer. Horrible..

This is not my first rant but after a mandatory update yesterday, ALL OF MY SPEAKERS ARE GONE!  I had to unplug each one to get it to join my network.  Unbelievable.  I now have 2 systems and the 2 amps in the 2nd system (both have the same name) will not connect.  WTF Sonos--my installer wants to help but not @ 150 per hour just ot do factory resets on everything. 

i AM HAVING the same issue just don’t understand what sonos are trying to do here

This is not my first rant but after a mandatory update yesterday, ALL OF MY SPEAKERS ARE GONE!  I had to unplug each one to get it to join my network.  Unbelievable.  I now have 2 systems and the 2 amps in the 2nd system (both have the same name) will not connect.  WTF Sonos--my installer wants to help but not @ 150 per hour just ot do factory resets on everything. 

i AM HAVING the same issue just don’t understand what sonos are trying to do here

I have 2 amps that needed to be factory reset to rejoining the network.  After unplugging the beams, arc & minis, they rejoined the system.  Garbage.

New app SUCKS BIG TIME!!! I would never have spent the money on this system!!!

The system i love the pure sound quality but most are rely on WIFI connection. The app is the main control and they released without test or something. Now entire surround system is fall apart. Sonos sound equalizer is a joke by the way no more Sonos in my life and i don't recommend to anyone surround me.   

This is absolutely the worst rip off since best cans got bought by google and now I have useless tech. I feel like I’m about to have a bunch of sonos speakers I literally don’t use because of the idiocy of this app and the bugs! We have been long time adoptees since the first version! What have you done? Why would you do this? This is absolutely awful! Whoever sold you on this idea should be fired.

please, you can and should do better. And let the long time customers at least easily work their tech with the old version if desired. 

I’ve spent an hour trying to get my entire 8 piece system back to functioning and I still cannot. 

Soooooo bad. AGAIN? My grouped systems wouldnt work, audio jumping all over. They already took away my ability to play my music off my phone (mp3s, I have my entire music collection ripped), and now THIS? WHO IS RUNNING THIS COMPANY!

I just had to roll back, and I blocked it from auto updating. This software team should be embarrassed...

very embarrassed

100% new app sucks please fix it who thought this was a good idea 

For Apple (iPhone or iPad) users:

Use SonoPad instead of the 'new’ Sonos app

For Apple (iPhone or iPad) users:

Use SonoPad instead of the 'new’ Sonos app

I was going to ask if there is a working app that you pay for in the App Store that drives the system other than this POS?

And if you have Apple Watch, test LYD- A watch remote for Sonos. Works better for me😊

I am trying Sonophone. For $3 it’s worth a try.  

This is the second app update that killed my system. The first made me use a legacy app for half the system and wouldn't allow the two generations to sync, so I bought new hardware. This app not only has all the issues people are saying but also somehow made my high quality streams and library consistently cut out.  I'm finally fed up and getting rid of Sonos altogether.

I tried a BluOS nodeX and it's awesome.  The sound quality is noticeably better and now I know Sonos routes Tunein through their server to pump out ads. BluOS is what Sonos should be. No ads, high quality amps, functional software, noob certified, time synced between nodes, bluetooth streaming, and connections are direct through the source. The app is simply a way to control the hardware you purchased. I highly recommend BluOS hardware and their at a similar price point to Sonos. The only thing that sucks is the reinvestment in all the hardware.

How ever discount or a new product I will discontinue buying. Goodbye Sonos

Echo all the sentiments here. This app update is pure trash, and makes perfectly good hardware unusable. 

My guess is this. SONOS is a victim of its own engineering achievement. That is, it has produced high-quality equipment that is built to last. 

The problem is, their market is saturated, and they can no longer compete in a recurring revenue world that relies on subscriptions. So, by releasing an app that is pure crap, they now hold all their customers hostage. While we hope they will roll back the release and bring back the functionality of the previous app, they’re planning something completely different. 

Some kind of highly functional, wonderfully simple but powerful app that will do all the things the old app did, and probably even offer a few more features. 

But it will be available only by subscription. Otherwise, you are welcome to continue to “use” the current (worthless) app for free. 

Buckle up and hold on to your wallets. You heard it here first. 

Echo all the sentiments here. This app update is pure trash, and makes perfectly good hardware unusable. 

My guess is this. SONOS is a victim of its own engineering achievement. That is, it has produced high-quality equipment that is built to last. 

The problem is, their market is saturated, and they can no longer compete in a recurring revenue world that relies on subscriptions. So, by releasing an app that is pure crap, they now hold all their customers hostage. While we hope they will roll back the release and bring back the functionality of the previous app, they’re planning something completely different. 

Some kind of highly functional, wonderfully simple but powerful app that will do all the things the old app did, and probably even offer a few more features. 

But it will be available only by subscription. Otherwise, you are welcome to continue to “use” the current (worthless) app for free. 

Buckle up and hold on to your wallets. You heard it here first. 

I no longer pay for any cent to Sonos products. New earphone? Forget it.

I had updates blocked on my iphone and managed to retain access to my sonos playlists and the other functions I’ve relied on to run Sonos stereo pairs in three rooms of my house. Somehow Sonos managed to update my controller app anyway. 

My playlists are gone. It took a lot of time and effort with Sonos support to get this ‘new and improved’ app to do the most basic stuff like connect to my speakers, control volume, put tracks in a queue so I could do more than select and play one track at a time. I feel for those support folks… there’s not much they can do about the mess Sonos management has made.

And there is no reason to believe I will ever get my Sonos playlists back. Nobody will say if or when that might happen. ‘Be patient, we’re working on this’ is the best you’ll get.

Meanwhile every time I open the app I’m bombarded with ads for Sonos $450 ‘Ace’ headphones and the ‘Roam’ speaker.

I used to love my Sonos setup. At this point, I’m ready to kiss my considerable investment in Sonos goodbye and move on to a system that works and that won’t be trashed because some exec got a bug up his bottom. 

That’s a real burn… a pair of Fives and a Sub, a pair of 1s and a pair of 100s ain’t chump change.

This new app is one of the worst apps I have ever used! I have been a high end integrator for 30 years! I love Sonos but will now have to find a new music system to sell if they don’t fix this!

Its totally useless app now! Lags so much, cant control sound, huge delays, problems to connect to speakers, lack of previous functions etc. I wish I could sell the system as it looks now.

Who would have thought that an update to a really shit version could make it even worse? I now can’t even connect to my Amazon music sub! What the f*** are the idiots at Sonos doing???

Such garbage. Worst music experience. Looking for alternatives. Truly mind bogglingly broken app. Slooowwwww. Unreliable. Unruly  design is not better in any way either. 0.3 out of 10. Fire yourselves. It’s a joke. On us. 

Advice to possible new SONOS clients: Steer away of this company!!!

They have lost their way.

The new app totally sucks.

I have been invested in SONOS for a long time. Wrong decision.

They are not interested in their clients, otherwise they would not insult their customers this way, by introducing such a dismal product. 

The app is not only ten steps back. You may also lose all of your playlists that you have spent so much time creating. 

Please fire the CEO and the team responsible for this disaster!!!

This new app is useless. After investing heavily in various Sonos products over the years, just switching WiFi SSID is proving to be a huge task. Shame on Sonos for releasing such a poor app. 

Hopefully the design team looks at these comments - because the new app * blows! It’s sucks really good - make some changes asap! The older version was far superior!!

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Hopefully the design team looks at these comments - because the new app * blows! It’s sucks really good - make some changes asap! The older version was far superior!!

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

This new app is useless. After investing heavily in various Sonos products over the years, just switching WiFi SSID is proving to be a huge task. Shame on Sonos for releasing such a poor app. 

In the end, I had to factory reset all of my Sonos devices (total of 6) and start from scratch … all because I have a new WiFi system.