Welcome everyone to the new community. We have a few guidelines we’d like you all to be familiar with, a code of conduct for posting on the community.
Sonos employees are here to answer questions and moderate the community, we read everything, but just in case we miss something, or if you see any posts that need attention please use the flag at the top of the topic to notify us.
The following guidelines are included in our Terms and Conditions which can be found here. Please read through them to familiarize yourself with what’s expected of every poster on the community. If we all follow the rules and spirit of the site, we can make the community stronger and more helpful than ever before.
- We are here to help. If you are new to The Sonos Community and are unsure about anything, just ask! The Sonos moderators and other users are happy to help.
- Stay on-topic. For everyone's benefit please stay on-topic. Please refrain from discussing personal matters, abusing any company or product, or from posting in a manner unrelated to Sonos products and services. Do not post any information that you do not wish to make public. Any information that you post can be obtained and used by others. You post at your own risk and responsibility.
- Stay courteous. Everyone wants to have a positive experience on The Sonos Community - so make sure that you are not detracting from anyone else's experience. In particular, refrain from posting anything unlawful, libelous, defamatory, inflammatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, or otherwise objectionable or injurious to third parties. Your opinions are always welcome, but personal attacks and harassment ("flaming") on either The Sonos Community or through private messaging are not acceptable.
- Keep it spam-free. The Sonos Community is provided as a service to Sonos customers and is not intended for the promotion of third party services, products, websites, or organizations. Please refrain from posting content that would constitute advertising, junk mail, spam, chain letters, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation.
- Keep it legal. It is unacceptable to post any material (i) that would infringe on any patent, trademark, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party or disclose any trade secret (or other confidential information), (ii) that contains software viruses or any other computer code or files that are designed to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software or hardware, or (iii) that is deemed to be illegal by any local, state, federal, or international law.
- Be careful. Most people are happy to help out on The Sonos Community, but remember that their advice is theirs only and that you are responsible for deciding whether or not to follow it. If the advice given by a user sounds wrong or risky to you, do not try it. In particular, if any user asks you for personal information, such as an account number, address, password or credit card number, do not provide it.
For the rest of the Terms and Conditions please see here.