Your feedback on the new Sonos App

Show first post

2445 replies

Userlevel 1

All the Sonos executives can be found and contacted via linkedin.

The executives are part of the problem. It's the board of directors that need to be contacted. They're the only ones that can fire the ceo

Oh yes, 100% agree. Just another pathway to consider.

Userlevel 1
Badge

This app completely broke my ability to access my music library on my NAS Server.  I have the older generation of speakers (5 in total) plus a newer Sonos Boost which does the network routing.  I switched my NAS Server to SMB2 and confirmed it is working.  However, when I try to add back my music library the Settings screen crashes around every 30 seconds and then reloads.  Eventually I get an error saying that says “The device where the music files are stored may not be powered on or the path may have changed”.  

Someone mentioned on another thread that the older generation of Sonos speakers (like mine) can’t actually support SMB2.  I wonder if that is true.

Sonos MUST provide some kind of solution here for owners of the older generation of speakers like myself!

If your speakers are running S1, you must revert your NAS back to SMB 1.  The changes requiring SMB 2/3 apply to S2 systems only.  Matter of fact, there is no new version of the app for S1 systems.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Another angry long term Sonos user here - I have an unusable system that I have invested in over many years.  I take some comfort that I am not alone and I won't get the usual it's your network response.

Deeply frustrated.  I was told by support today that they cannot roll back. Since when did an IT rollout not have the ability to roll back as a contingency.

Userlevel 1

Apple Music authorization is simply broken.  My system is useless.

I spent 40 years in the tech world.  All (professional) software updates had backout plans - tested backout plans.  This is completely unacceptable.  If it were the first time, I’d give you a pass. It’s not the first time.

Userlevel 1

My Roam device cannot be added.  It should not need to be added since it was added in December 2023, but since it does not show up on the app, I am trying to add it.  

Funny, when I log into the web site, it shows up and is authorized.  Just not in any app that should be able to stream music to it.

Very frustrating in so many ways. No wonder the wait times for support are 60+ minutes.

Userlevel 1
Badge

If your speakers are running S1, you must revert your NAS back to SMB 1.  The changes requiring SMB 2/3 apply to S2 systems only.  Matter of fact, there is no new version of the app for S1 systems.

Hmm, I’m currently running the S2 controller.  I’d be happy to go back to the old controller, but when I try to run the S1 controller I get an error:

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have Roon as a back up which works fine with Sonos Devices as end points - it even has a Sleep timer which seems to have gone awol in the new ap.

Hmm, I’m currently running the S2 controller.  I’d be happy to go back to the old controller, but when I try to run the S1 controller I get an error:

You can’t revert to s1 from the new app. 

Userlevel 2

RÉGLEZ les problèmes de matériel pour commencer ! 

imposible d’utiliser mon sonos sub gen 3 ! Il ne se connecte plus ! 

je ne remets pas en cause le produit qui est d’une qualité exceptionnelle, mais aujourd’hui j’ai un produit à près de 1000€ qui ne fonctionne plus ! Je suis en colère !

Merci de prendre en considération nos demandes et d’y apporter une réponse rapide 

Userlevel 2
Badge

New app is *. Completely counterintuitive. Missing features, confusing. I’m constantly getting calls from customers who can’t figure out how to do the simplest things. 

Why does sonos continue to beta test on its end users? Did you guys even have dealers beta test this * app before you rolled it out?

No icons for rooms/music/etc.

Swipe up is *

can’t see room volumes in groups without navigating away from page.

I could go on and on. 

Please roll back the app.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Userlevel 3
Badge

New app is *. Completely counterintuitive. Missing features, confusing. I’m constantly getting calls from customers who can’t figure out how to do the simplest things. 

Why does sonos continue to beta test on its end users? Did you guys even have dealers beta test this * app before you rolled it out?

Swipe up is *

I could go on and on. 

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

They’ve completely dismantled a highly functioning application that was the foundation of the business. I simply cannot understand it. Buggy, counterintuitive, and missing previously available functionality. Bewildering. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Swipe up is *

I could go on and on. 

They’ve completely dismantled a highly functioning application that was the foundation of the business. I simply cannot understand it. Buggy, counterintuitive, and missing previously available functionality. Bewildering. 

Yep. The reason we Sell (Sold) Sonos was because it just worked. This new app disaster has me looking at an alternative to sell. (Blusound). They don’t change the app every 6 months, and use end users as beta testers. They have some important features like Sub out on amps, and commercial products. I’ve been a Sonos dealer since Sonos inception with the ZP80. But this might be the last straw. I can’t believe Sonos put this * app out there, and encouraged every single end user to “upgrade”. I’m embarrassed to be a Sonos dealer.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

WHERE ARE MY IMPORTED PLAYLISTS?

Please answer.

Have like 15 products from you, nothing works! Why don’t you get a real engineer team too…I don’t know, TEST THIS * OUT!!!! FIRST!!! Bunch of POS’s!

Userlevel 2

My primary reasons for wishing I could download the old app:

• System kept defaulting to my bedroom speaker at the start of every new track.  This is while I was trying to play music for guests in my living room. Instead I woke up my two kids under 3
  • Can’t connect to my Roam speaker at all. Haven’t been able to use it. 
  • No visibility into “radio” playlists to select tracks etc. I liked being able to see the list. 
  • Volume adjustment is laggy and leads to overcorrection, which can be a buzzkill in the moment!

Overall, there’s design improvement but that doesn’t make up for the loss of functionality. Very disappointing.

The old app should be made available until this is fixed so we can at least go on enjoying our expensive sound systems. Every day that this doesn’t happen hurts the brand.

Userlevel 2

UI and UX skills need apply

Not trying to be disrespectful, but for a company of this size whose values sit at the intersection of quality and experience,  it has to be the worst app update of any brand I’ve encountered.    Hardware, incredible.   Software unusable.   Please do focus groups with a cross section of your customers and evaluate why a release that gets this much negative feedback can even get out the door and past QA.   Do Sonos employees think this is good enough?  Is anyone listening?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Corry P - can you just do the simple thing and tell the Sonos c-suite your company is going to collapse when you ignore customers?   Bring back / rollback to the old app.  Rework what is obviously broken with the new app.  Email all customers when the new app is fixed, but let them know to turn off automatic updates for the app if they have concerns.

This has gone on long enough.  Stop wasting customers’ time with deleting accounts, calling Sonos, factory resetting equipment, try and try again only to be disappointed and more frustrated due to Sonos inadequate testing and release of a crappy app. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Dump Sonos. Vote with your money. I’m not buying any more Sonos product after 15 years. No support for SMB2 or better only after a decade? Now no more local library? I say no more Sonos. They’re simply out of touch. Sonos can obviously listen to all the music on earth.. except their own.. and it sounds terrible right now.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Dump Sonos. Vote with your money. I’m not buying any more Sonos product after 15 years. No support for SMB2 or better only after a decade? Now no more local library? I say no more Sonos. They’re simply out of touch. Sonos can obviously listen to all the music on earth.. except their own.. and it sounds terrible right now.

Agree that we need to vote with our money.  Sonos got my vote when I spent a few thousand dollars on a decent system.  Now I have useless garbage due to their decision to release a crappy app.  I want my money and my vote back at this point. 

Userlevel 1

Dear Moderators,

While it is widely acknowledged that the new version of the Sonos app is a complete fiasco, the fact that the promised fixes are coming far too late is unacceptable.As customers, we deserve a minimum level of respect, and this should include the option to revert to the previous version of the app until a truly reliable release is available.

The current situation is untenable, and we need a practical solution now, not weeks or months down the line. Allowing users to downgrade to the former app version would be a reasonable and respectful step towards addressing the frustrations and issues we are currently facing.

Thank you for your understanding and prompt attention to this matter.

Best regards,

Adikbay

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Dear Moderators,

While it is widely acknowledged that the new version of the Sonos app is a complete fiasco, the fact that the promised fixes are coming far too late is unacceptable.As customers, we deserve a minimum level of respect, and this should include the option to revert to the previous version of the app until a truly reliable release is available.

The current situation is untenable, and we need a practical solution now, not weeks or months down the line. Allowing users to downgrade to the former app version would be a reasonable and respectful step towards addressing the frustrations and issues we are currently facing.

Thank you for your understanding and prompt attention to this matter.

Best regards,

Adikbay

Over 1200 posts in this thread.  How many actual replies from Sonos? Half a dozen?  Nobody is listening.  Your polite request will be ignored. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

At least for this we can rely on a quick response

I just want to be able to play music simple, but it seems no matter what trouble shooting I have done the new app will not pick up my speakers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Save time & effort creating a new topic - just use the NEW Sonos ECHO Chamber Service. Guaranteed that your post will be routinely ignored.  {Make Sonos Great Again}.  Thank you.