Your feedback on the new Sonos App

Show first post

2445 replies

What a bag of junk, it’s like an app build from 15 years ago for the first iPhone, get a decent developer to make this work. My system disappeared and I’ve had to do a factory reset and full install and then I find the interface is basic, I can tell this isn’t Apple that designed this!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Save time & effort creating a new topic - just use the NEW Sonos ECHO Chamber Service. Guaranteed that your post will be routinely ignored.  {Make Sonos Great Again}.  Thank you. 

Too busy being courageous and energised.  That stuff is WAY more important than, you know, customers.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Exciting new development with the App ... its been limping along playing music from my local library for the last few days. Now, it shows me the library (eithout album art of course) but NOTHING WILL PLAY FROM MY LOCAL LIBRARY.

Userlevel 3
Badge

The vision was simple: Help music lovers play any song anywhere in their homes.

That is pasted from the company website history section. I think Sonos have made the typical corporate mistake of assuming the people who ask for upgrades and lobby for  alterations represent the average user.

People do not lobby for change if they are happy with what they have -- they just get on with using their system. Sonos have failed to ask their customers what they like.

Userlevel 2

What about products not working at all due to app update? 30% off new is a rip off. When I had no issues before the new update.🤬🤬🤬

The critics on the french play store shows how courage is being appreciated by the userbase !

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Playlists. How do you add to playlists you already have.

Anyone got an answer please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Playlists. How do you add to playlists you already have.

Anyone got an answer please?

Use the Windows Desktop Controller.

Userlevel 2
Badge

SONOS I hate you for what you have done! In the past 12 years I have spent thousands to kit out 5 homes. Not being able to play my own music from my library anymore is just a big slap in the face! If you do not roll back this change this week, I will get rid of all Sonos gear in our homes and I am done with you SONOS. Very angry and disappointed!

Unfortunately, the bunny never gets it, and there’s only so much posturing on the internet can do. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

please put the old app up on the stores so we can at least use it while you figure out the new one

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Give us a way to revert back to the old version. My system was FORCED updated even though I specially had it setup to not automatically update last night. My system is completely inoperative.

My local library access through my SYNOLOGY DS1821+ in longer available. I have rebooted the application numerous times. I can attempt to scroll through the music list, but the app will freeze and indicate that something went wrong.

Userlevel 2
Badge

if you happen to have the old version on a device, you can grab it using google’s ADB kit… you can then push it to your other devices.

this is what i did to restore it… i have kept a copy of the old version in my cloud storage just in case ;)

Userlevel 3
Badge

More time has passed since the incident occurred.
I have read your company's views in the community, but to begin with, for users, this incident is in a completely different situation than the gradual addition of features to a completely new service.
This is how users, including myself, perceive it.
The traditional features and quality of SONOS products, including the reasons for their selection, are not being maintained. The failure is ongoing and SONOS does not understand (or acknowledge) this.
Therefore, your company's positive explanation of the functionality and quality (and its partial revival) is also incomprehensible to users, including myself, during the outage, and is emotionally fuel for the fire.
To repeat my earlier post, this is a crisis management aspect of management.

SONOS engineers should follow their conscience and accurately report to the decision makers the actual situation in terms of function and quality.
Customer contact persons should also, in good conscience, accurately report customer complaints to the decision makers.
Decision makers/management should accept accurate reports and get rid of confirmation bias.
Although management may no longer be exempt from management responsibility after all this time, please look to the users for the future survival of the company.
I need SONOS which has enhanced my life so far.

--5/17--
Dear SONOS Community Moderators & Staff
I know you are busy, but I would appreciate it if you could answer just the following two questions.
(1) Is the situation of this community and the screams of users reaching the SONOS decision makers with a real sense of reality?
(2) Are you currently considering new user-oriented measures, such as parallel provision of S2 apps, in response to this outcry?

--5/15--
Dear SONOS
Much time has passed since this incident occurred, and users' expectations and trust in your company tend to deteriorate day by day.
The problem that users are currently facing can be solved by simply providing the S2 app in parallel with the new app for the time being, just as you did with the S1 app.
We hope that SONOS will be sincere in its response to users.
(If there is a fatal problem that prevents you from continuing to provide the S2 app, we would like an explanation as to why.)

--5/13--
As a user, it has been quite some time since this incident occurred.
We recognize that this incident is already not only a problem for your software development team, but should be addressed company-wide as a crisis management issue.
Due to the nature of your product, unlike hardware products, the application affects almost all existing users.
Also, this incident is not about a simple bug.
As a company, you have made a decision to unilaterally remove several basic functions without prior notice to users.
Therefore, this incident has the potential to result in the loss of existing customers and various other risks to the company's operations.
It would be better if the impact of this incident on users and their reactions had been escalated internally and the entire company, including management, had responded to it....
I hope that your company can recover from the loss of corporate credibility and customer experience caused by the mishandling of the release procedure and decision-making of this new version by taking smooth and prompt action.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Does anyone have experience with Denon HEOS? Please let me know.

After trying in vain to make this new Sonos app work, I’m ready to throw in the towel and move on. I can’t even get it to recognize my existing system. If anyone asks me about Sonos going forward my advice will be to simply light a match to your money. It will save you an enormous amount to time, energy and frustration.

It is apparent the Sonos is going to maintain a position that what their end users think does not matter. This CEO’s lack of customer concerns is what destroyed Blackberry when he was CEO there. The only real solution? Stop being an end user! “What’s past is prologue”.

When you fix this latest update, please add back in the “single” and “album” text when scrolling through a library. This basic funcionality is extremely important. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I updated the iOS app to 80.01.10 and my devices still keep connecting and disconnecting.
Looks like there is no new controller firmware available.
Please let me know that you are aware of this issue and are working on a fix.
see :

https://en.community.sonos.com/general-feedback-and-conversation-229090/since-monday-my-sonos-system-no-longer-works-6893904

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I saw posts in these forums about Sonos offering customer a discount on replacement equipment (30%?) for those of us who cannot get our older equipment to connect.   I cannot find those posts now as it was several days ago and I cannot remember which thread.   Does anyone know if this is a coupon code or some other way to receive the discount?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

So the new headphones are here. I would have been pre-ordering them today if it hadn’t been for the * show over the app change, but there’s no way I’m giving Sonos any more money after this

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

Userlevel 1
Badge

So the new headphones are here. I would have been pre-ordering them today if it hadn’t been for the * show over the app change, but there’s no way I’m giving Sonos any more money after this

100% this. Sony will get my headphone money now.

Userlevel 4

This answers it all...the new app was needed for the headphones to work.  So god be damned they are pushing it out.  Has anyone from Sonos actually even seemed to understand everyone's frustrations or have they just came across as “we know better than you” about it all.  They double screwed themselves, I was totally ready to purchase Sonos headphones, but at this point, it will be a long time before I invest any of my money into products that lost all the functionality I had purchased them for in the first place.  It take a long time to build customer loyalty, and can lose it all with one bad decision to push all the loyalty aside to get out another product on time. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Well, rather typically given recent events, even the Pre-Order button doesn't work 😂🤣😭😭

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I have SONOS S2 on my PC. the local library function stiil works. So whatever you think SMB ( whatever version has been removed)  STILL WORKS with Sonos S2.  

Why wouldn’t you allow your customers to download SONOS S2 and use that until you have thoroughly sorted out all the functionality issues and sent out a thorough explanation and let us choose to decide whether to use the S2 or the new app? 

BTW - your wait time is 80 minutes - U are clearly innundated with issues on the new APP….. why would you put your support organization  in this position?

DID anyone internally think through what you have caused with your installed base? who is running you release qualification/mitigation programs?

You have now  put your custom dealers/installers in a very vicarious position. Our customer are screaming at us to help them; which we can’t. this is all on you!.  Yet we suffer for having made your product recommendation.   

really SAD U are doint everything to kill your installed base.

What a dumpster fire!!! I thought the old app was outdated and awful to navigate and use, I would have never thought you could have made it worse…

Why would you remove so many features without considering the impact?

Line input auto-play on my Connect was a key feature for me. Made using my turntable easy without fiddling to start the audio. I could go on and on…

I’m so frustrated. I have too much invested in my system to start over. I feel like you did absolutely zero homework before forcing these changes onto your customers.