Your feedback on the new Sonos App

Show first post

2411 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Why oh why didn’t you release this as an S3 app so you didn’t screw everyone up until you’d sorted it out!! 😡😡

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Why oh why didn’t you release this as an S3 app so you didn’t screw everyone up until you’d sorted it out!! 😡😡

This is the answer.

They would had to have frozen the player code as well as the app an obviously did not do ten necessary planning to make that happen and now it will be too late. 

Userlevel 1

This update from today is much better.

No more crashing.

I start to like it.

Of course there is more to fix…..

Keep up the good work.

Glad you like it but you are clearly in the minority with this, its a terrible update. RU getting free Sonos for your comments?

There have clearly been users who have been able to get by with the new app from day one.

I’ve hardly seen any positive feedback with this. I have to deal with unhappy clients since I am a dealer who provides and installs these products.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sonos are now forcing the app update on IOS on my mother's iPhone! 😡🤬

The app was set to not auto update!

Looks like she has no choice now! 
🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

She will now lose access to her local music library of old LPs which I converted to Mp3s for her years ago which are mostly not on streaming services. They are stored on a USB drive plugged into her router and using SMBv1. She doesn’t have money to spend on a NAS or to subscribe to streaming music. Besides some of her favourite records aren’t there.

She had a working system, and had no need for this new app, but now it will be my problem to fix or find another solution for her. I wish I never recommended these speakers to friends and family!

Yep, happened to me today despite it being set to not update. 😡

Userlevel 1
Badge

WHAT?!?!?!

NO MUSIC LIBRARY SEARCH?!?!?!

SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG

Coming soon

• Continued improvements to navigation for visually-impaired customers: mid-June
  • Adding to queue and playing next: early June
  • Sleep timer: mid-June
  • Local music library search and playback: mid-June
  • Update WiFi settings: mid-June
  • Snooze alarms: TBD

So Why Oh Why were’nt these programmed in , in the first place.

Still items missing from the list though.

They sacrifice us for the new headphone

Precisely! They needed to get it released for the new headphones - that was clearly more important to them than getting the functionality sorted first. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Things are progressing slowly, since yesterday my entire Spotify music library is accessible again. An update to the Roam also allows you to broadcast sound connected via Bluetooth to all speakers…… Remains a few bugs, slow startup, system acquisition sometimes chaotic and always missing the timer
let’s wait

Userlevel 3
Badge

It is complete insanity that one cannot even see what is currently playing, and stop or adjust it as needed. This app has added nothing useful while deleting some of the most important features. Bring back the old.

It is complete insanity that one cannot even see what is currently playing, and stop or adjust it as needed. This app has added nothing useful while deleting some of the most important features. Bring back the old.

Can’t you just simply slide-up the ‘Room Selector’ screen to see what’s currently playing on every room/group?

Userlevel 3
Badge

I can but it is non-responsive.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Web app does not show all the Services I’ve added (I’m missing Amazon Music) and no apparant option to add it.

All present on Phone

Grrrrrrrrrrgh!!!

Web app does not show all the Services I’ve added (I’m missing Amazon Music) and no apparant option to add it.

All present on Phone

Grrrrrrrrrrgh!!!

What happens if you set Amazon Music as the ‘preferred’ service in the new Sonos App? Does it then show in the Web App (after emptying the browser cache and closing/reopening the browser?)

Userlevel 3
Badge

All present on Phone

Grrrrrrrrrrgh!!!

What happens if you set Amazon Music as the ‘preferred’ service in the new Sonos App? Does it then show in the Web App (after emptying the browser cache and closing/reopening the browser?)

Tried in two Browsers.  Aside from getting an Internal server error message from sonos first time of reentering.  That’s a negative Ken.   Yet I can go into on the PC some previously phone selected Amazon Music and play it!?

I miss the ability to adjust the EQ of a room next to the volume slider.  There’s plenty of room in the UI for that button.

Userlevel 2
Badge

This update from today is much better.

No more crashing.

I start to like it.

Of course there is more to fix…..

Keep up the good work.

Glad you like it but you are clearly in the minority with this, its a terrible update. RU getting free Sonos for your comments?

There have clearly been users who have been able to get by with the new app from day one.

I’ve hardly seen any positive feedback with this. I have to deal with unhappy clients since I am a dealer who provides and installs these products.

After the May 7 update, I was unable to use the app until the last update, it kept crashing after 2 seconds. So for me this is already a lot of progress

I know there are still many areas where it needs to be improved. but I'm happy that after almost two weeks I can finally use the app.

where are my favourites?? Again & again defined but always vanished.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Writing as if they are watching this..

Dear Sonos,

I find it strange for a significant company as yourselves finds it impossible to keep the insignicant (I have spent 1000s) but many,  Simple End Users happy.

Admitting your mistakes is a real sign of honesty and prouess.  A step to early with this “upgrade” perhaps. But admitting that and reverting to the original version is the sign of honesty and prouess we are all waiting for. Keep the Customer on side.

Upgrade : Please do.  But only when you are ready to upgrade. Doing your Q and I system checks in Public is not the way forward. It can be embarrassing ---- As you’ve resoundingly and no doubt damagingly proven

used sonos for over 5 years. 

up grade the app and its impossible to use

can not get zone to work

jut called in and you have a 7 hour wait on phone assistance

this need to get fixed now

just sold your stock!!  what a disaster . self inflected  wound

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Sonos are now forcing the app update on IOS on my mother's iPhone! 😡🤬

The app was set to not auto update!

Looks like she has no choice now! 
🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

She will now lose access to her local music library of old LPs which I converted to Mp3s for her years ago which are mostly not on streaming services. They are stored on a USB drive plugged into her router and using SMBv1. She doesn’t have money to spend on a NAS or to subscribe to streaming music. Besides some of her favourite records aren’t there.

She had a working system, and had no need for this new app, but now it will be my problem to fix or find another solution for her. I wish I never recommended these speakers to friends and family!

She shouldn’t be using SMB1 -- that’s generally not supported anywhere.   Why not plug the USB into her PC, then share that via the desktop Sonos app.   The new version of the app released yesterday (version .11) - seems to have fixed local library access. 

I don’t see return of the MUTE function on your list

Userlevel 1

One more of these adverse software events and there are going to be 3 more sonos units on ebay (for cheap) 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Appreciate all communication, thank you.

However, those four bullet points is not enough. They are beloved features, but not enough.

There’s so much more. I can’t even view track information anymore. If I am listening to a track, I used to be able to go to the album, or the artist, and add more tracks from the album or artist to my queue, or add them to playlists, etc.

All of this is gone. The app is trash now. On top of all of that, it’s slower.

Despite the words said from the CEO and more, which mean nothing to us end-users still suffering with a crappy app, it’s still not too late to roll it back.

Roll back the app. Finish your new version, then test it multiple times before releasing it as an app update.

We are not beta testers.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Everyone

We moderators of the community - @Corry P@Jamie A & @Sotiris C. - wanted to take an opportunity to explain some of what is currently happening on the community.

First of all, we value all the feedback you are providing about the new Sonos App. We hear you. Feedback is coming in fast and thick, however - for understandable reasons - and to be frank, we are having trouble just keeping up with it all. For this reason, some topics that have not yet been replied to will go unanswered. We will, however, do our best to amalgamate some of these separate threads into bigger, related threads (such as one big thread for Alarm complaints and another for Queue Management) to be answered en-mass. The threads that are feedback on other aspects of the new app will be merged with this post.

Threads that describe issues such as missing rooms and app crashes (those that are not just feedback, in other words) will be answered, as will threads not relating to the new app in anyway, but these will take a bit longer than normal.

Please be aware that we are reading every post, we are recording and collating all feedback, and all of it will be passed over to the app software development team. In addition, we are doing our best to identify previously unidentified issues and report them to our technical teams.

We know many of you are concerned about certain features going missing, so let us take this opportunity to say that the following features are coming back:

• Alarms management
  • Sleep timers
  • Queue management
  • Playlist editing

In addition and contrary to some speculation, local Music Library is not going anywhere, though SMBv1 support has been permanently removed. Local Music Library searching is something that is still being worked on.

We’d also like to thank everyone who has taken it upon themselves to help others here with their questions and concerns - we appreciate you all!

Thanks for listening - take care of yourselves, and each other.

Combined threads:

General feedback (not relating specifically to those below):

Queue management: 

Alarms:

Playlists: 

Music Library:

Sleep Timers:

Please note that there is an official statement that can be read here.

There's an issue with “Your Sources”. If I edit the home screen to put it at the top I have to scroll down to see it. If I put “Recently Played” to the top there's no such issue. Odd.

At least the library works for basic use now I guess.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

All I’ve been offered was to send my sub back and 30% off a new one 🤬 for a sub that worked completely fine until the update.

Hold up.  They want you to buy a new sub at 70% retail to replace one the new app has borked?  😮

Userlevel 1

OMG this app is crazy stupid. Doesn’t work , can’t find what speaker is playing. No easy way to switch speakers or zones as easily as before.  Please revert back to previous versions as this one is crap!  I’m often a proponent for Sonos products but this app makes me very disappointed as it’s obvious they did not full vet/test it with some users prior to just releasing?!!!!  
fix this please!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

That was the ORIGINAL IDEA. MULTI ROOM AND MUSIC COLLECTION.

Why change the philosophy?

Sacrifice us, your loyal customers for uncertation headphone business???