Skip to main content

Just installed the new app. But I can’t find where the music library went. Also no option to add a folder to the library 

Moderator edit: We have an article with instruction on how to add a music library share on Windows and MacOS. Have a look.

An update on my tale of Sonos woe for those interested:

Due to my NAS drive no longer being supported in this latest Sonos release I’ve resorted to an Apple Music subscription (maybe Sonos are on commission from the streaming services?). I was surprised to see this morning that my entire music library was showing within the Apple menu (without my NAS powered on). It’s mapped my library content to what it has in its catalogue which means that there’s a fair amount of obscure tracks I own greyed out but hey, at least there’s a proportion of my music and playlists available.

Now here’s the problem. This incarnation of the iOS iPhone interface is massively unstable (for me). I run a number of Roams, Moves and Ones all connected to one router and mesh (no repeaters or boosters needed). I have 100mbs up and down fibre WiFi which streams 4k etc so plenty fast enough for music streaming. The connected Sonos devices randomly come on and off line and I can only stream a few minutes of Apple Music before the whole system freezes. It takes a router reset to get it running again.

Guys, does this scenario sound familiar to you and before I chuck my entire Sonos kit in the bin, is it likely to get back to how it used to be and I could listen to music? GC

How could Sonos inflict this impenetrable new app on their customers seemingly without any testing?!

What is/are “Sonophone/Sonopad”? ….. I’m not familiar with these name(s)

Sonopad and Sonophone. To be found In the appstore.

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Having just ‘looked up’ these 2 apps (on ‘playstore’) I’m not sure that they are a solution to my issue but definitely not a solution to a problem that should not exist!

Me too. I cannot see my music library as a source in the new ios app. I can see it in the new web app though. So why no music library as a source?

After updated, my music library on my NAS cannot be accessed anymore  Sonos really f****** up all time with this update.

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

Just installed the new app. But I can’t find where the music library went. Also no option to add a folder to the library 

Me too. Hundreds of albums on my NAS now unavailable. Absolute disaster. Get it fixed.

I have used the sonos webapp on my Apple desktop and played several numbers from my music library.

In the app om my samsung tablet i can see the recently played numbers from the music library greyed out.

But when i now look at sources i can see my music library and i can open it and play numbers.

For now the problem is solved. Don't know if it still works tomorrow :-)

Censorship on Sonos forums as well. Nice!!!!!

I have used the sonos webapp on my Apple desktop and played several numbers from my music library.

In the app om my samsung tablet i can see the recently played numbers from the music library greyed out.

But when i now look at sources i can see my music library and i can open it and play numbers.

I posted earlier about some greyed out tracks on my system. I believe this is because Sonos isn’t accessing my NAS drive but Apple Music has indexed my library. The greyed out tracks are because Apple doesn’t have them in their catalogue. Do you use Apple or a third party streaming service?

I know this has nothing to do with library indexing but I’m playing radio right now through Sonos to five devices and went to turn it off. Guess what, can’t. Instead I got this crock of s***** message! WTF is this all about. Just about had it now with Sonos. It’s a fkn joke!

Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.

I posted earlier about some greyed out tracks on my system. I believe this is because Sonos isn’t accessing my NAS drive but Apple Music has indexed my library. The greyed out tracks are because Apple doesn’t have them in their catalogue. Do you use Apple or a third party streaming service?

I'm not using Apple. I have a synology Nas with DS Audio. Indexing is done by Sonos.

Regarding my music library in the remote app on my tablet: the music library disappeard after an hour,

Outraged at the loss of basic functionality. 

I did an update on my hardware today and now there is no longer an option to use my library at all. This is just getting worse by the day. So over this. For years I have had a great system with access to my own music but for the last month I haven’t been able to use this joke of a system at all.

I'm not using Apple. I have a synology Nas with DS Audio. Indexing is done by Sonos.

Regarding my music library in the remote app on my tablet: the music library disappeard after an hour,

Such a joke isn’t it

Me too. Hundreds of albums on my NAS now unavailable. Absolute disaster. Get it fixed.

Beyond frustrating

Surely there needs to be a class action for this debacle, we have paid good money for a product that is now virtually useless

I can no longer view my albums and songs and cannot therefore play them in Sonos. My playlists are visible and work ok, but I like playing albums and creating new queues of music to play. This seems to have all gone unless I’m missing something? Absolutely disgraceful service from Sonos, they need to sort it fast after taking a lot of money from me for their products 

I just downloaded the sonosphone app from the app store for $3.99.  I now have my libray back and able to play all my music and playlists on my Sonos system.  No waiting for June as this third party has competent tech people.  

Same, works with no nonsense

I just downloaded the sonosphone app from the app store for $3.99.  I now have my libray back and able to play all my music and playlists on my Sonos system.  No waiting for June as this third party has competent tech people.  

Will this app enable me to continue using my old NAS drive with Sonos or have Sonos removed the ability to index an smbv1 device through their system?

Will this app enable me to continue using my old NAS drive with Sonos or have Sonos removed the ability to index an smbv1 device through their system?

Depends whether you have installed the latest firmware update which I believe killed SMBv1.  You need a NAS with smbv2/3.

Sonophone (which is ONE developer, not a corporation!) won't see the file library if you've installed the latest firmware.  It will work if you haven't updated. 

My Sonos app forced me today to update my Hardware and immediately my system stopped seeing my Library on my Mac. I Spent nearly 4 hours, including wait times, speaking with sonos today, first on live chat then on phone. They assured me there is no way to get your library on NAS or PC or MAC to work through the app. They also couldn’t get it going through my Mac. I fiddled with it after the call and got it going on my Mac at least, but this is useless to me. The tech blamed the issue on SMB, he essentially said that hey haven’t got it working on their app, that’s why the app is unable to play music from a library on a computer. I don’t understand how a company can think it is ok to remove functions from a system that a customer has paid for and not only that, that they can bring out an app with so many missing features that were previously available. They shouldn’t be able to get away with this.

According to Sonos support smb2 - smb4 will work but not sure if smb1 will work

According to Sonos support smb2 - smb4 will work but not sure if smb1 will work

I answered this already above. If you have installed the latest firmware, it will NOT work.  It will work if you have NOT installed new firmware. 

comment connecter un répertoire de mon ordin sur sonos ?

Moderator edit:
Google Translate-

how do I connect a directory from my computer to sonos?

This issue has been going on for several years. I spent hours uploading my music library to Google then YouTube and I am unable to see all my songs or albums in Sonos. I get from A to about E. 

Is this ever going to be fixed or should I switch music systems. 

My music library from my NAS disconnected from the new app and when trying to reconnect I constantly get an error. However as an experiment I tried connecting the NAS to the S1 app with no problems at all. This upgrade to S2 is the worst. Just get a recorded message with SONOS Australia saying they are aware of multiple issues and fixes will be released soon. A joke. Then to rub it in I keep getting SONOS emails trying to upsell me on new products. They have to be kidding!