Support Windows 8 RT for Surface Tablet and Windows Phone 8 for Mobile Devices

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

941 replies

Userlevel 2
+1 for a Windows Phone 8 app and Surface RT
Userlevel 1
+1 for Surface RT app and WP8 app! Come on Sonos, you are a premium product, you should support premium platforms!
The upcoming purchase of a Sonos soundbar depends on this. I will not purchase one if I cant control the whole system from my Surface RT! In fact I'll look at replacing my current products with a different system. Any news?
Please add a Windows 8 Phone app! Thx
Hoewel SONOS een der beste is wat muziekverdeling betreft, is het biezonder jammerlijk te noemen dat ze niet aan WP8 en Windows RT gedacht hebben. Hierdoor is het SONOS-product niet afgewerkt. Spijtig, ik had van zulks een bedrijf meer finishing touch verwacht. Hopelijk komen de app's er snel zodat SONOS zijn imago de beste kan waarmaken.
Please add a Windows 8 Phone app. It works great on android and ios so it cannot be that hard to move it to phone8 😉
We need this now... come on Sonos!
Really want to add my support for Windows Phone 8 Sonos controller app. Have just switched from Android (Sony) to W8 (Nokia Lumia) and missing the software.. Windows Phone 8 is gaining market share.. thanks Ben
New reports show that windows phone is gaining market share, and is growing faster than other platforms, is sonos going to continue ignoring it? http://www.wpcentral.com/new-data-shows-windows-phone-rise-us-strengthens-third-position
I'd like to add my vote for a Win8 Mobile app too. Win8 may have the smallest share of the mobile phone market at the moment but it's unlikely to go away any time soon as it's a good OS and is appearing on well received phones. Although Android is every bit as good as Win 8, one reason it's so popular is because it's available on cheaper phones as well as premium phones. However, owners of cheap Android phones are less likely to own or be in the market for Sonos gear, which is pretty expensive.
Userlevel 3
Think this has been under consideration for too long!? Vote for this: https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/implement_customers_good_ideas_more_quickly
I would vote for a Windows 8 User Interface app too. Windows 8 Windows RT Windows 8 Phone
Really you can't get a windows RT app out by now? Sono's, don't end up like other leaders in their respective product lines. Companies that rest on their success and do not innovate. Corel, Lotus, Nintendo, Atari, and the list goes on. Good now means nothing. Windows 8 / Windows RT / Windows 8 phone will catch up. Remember, Microsoft has a billion + users. Apple and Android together are a rounding error compared to that. Yes I realize that the market for Microsoft is many different OS's.
I'm here with my Surface and Windows Phone, and still have to go back to a PC somewhere in the house to change my music... Come on Sonos ! 😞
I have over $4000 invested in Sonos equipment, including 2 controllers that have been discontinued and $350 each. I find it astounding that Sonos, after saying they couldn't create an app for Windows phone 7 due to lack of features that were later added, still hasn't developed a Windows phone 8 app. I also agree with others, the rate of feature improvements is pathetically slow. Sonos, if you care about your customers, INVEST in them, lest you have a lot less of them in the future
I would like to invest in the Sonos system - but Windows 8 RT/Phone Support is missing. Please develop a Windows Phone/RT App
Userlevel 2
I'm holding off buying the Sonos sub, until there's a Windows 8 release. The Android app is garbage, especially on a kindle Fire. And the last software update actually made it worse. Sonos your hardware is world class, but your need to fire whoever is in charge of UI design.
The new PhonosLite app in the Windows store only made the pain of not having a decent Sonos app even worse... Desperately need something in the Windows store!! 😞
Phonos 8 & RT are now in the Windows App store. However, it needs to be further developed. Currently it only does queue management. Soon no doubt an update will be available, just like with the Phonos WP app. Help support the developer and feed him with good ideas. I hope we soon have a working Phonos controller so we don't have to wait for Sonos itself.
This is taking to long. The plan was to purchase the new Playbar, but with no certain support for WP8 I will instead purchase the JBL SB400 today, and continue to use my Squeezebox Duet (which works fine).
Come on! I have android and ios tablets, but my daily phone is on wp8 platform. Okay, there are some 3rd party SW around, but I would like to use official Sonos app in some day. I have also updated my laptops into Windows 8 and it would be great to use Windows RT Sonos application.
Wo bleibt das Sonos app für Windows 8?
Userlevel 3
I have over $4000 invested in Sonos equipment, including 2 controllers that have been discontinued and $350 each. I find it astounding that Sonos, after saying they couldn't create an app for Windows phone 7 due to lack of features that were later added, still hasn't developed a Windows phone 8 app. I also agree with others, the rate of feature improvements is pathetically slow. Sonos, if you care about your customers, INVEST in them, lest you have a lot less of them in the future
http://rcpmag.com/articles/2013/05/14/windows-phone-share-stagnates.aspx?m=2 2.9% market share...
May be we should switch to Philips Fidelio... they support windows phone 8...
I am also another person who is amazed Sonos has not yet delivered on the Microsoft platform. I have 3 Windows 8 PC's, a Surface RT and a Nokia Lumia 920 Windows 8 Phone. That leaves only one iPhone and iPad from which I can control my Sonos. True, the Windows Desktop Sonos controller is available, but it's not what I want. Come on guys, get this platform delivered to your customers.