Support Windows 8 RT for Surface Tablet and Windows Phone 8 for Mobile Devices

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

941 replies

Userlevel 1
I also think it is about time for Sonos to show some Progress on this subject. We now have 5 Win8 RT/WP8 devices and 5 Sonos Zones in the house so we need the Sonos controller now.
I'm moving into a new house and would like to cover the entire house with music. Sonos is on the top of my list but the lack of a controller for our 3 windows platform devices(2 surfaces + 1 windows Phone) is making me research other options.
Userlevel 1
Please, make it happen. WP8 and Win8 RT are no longer gadgets now. Please don't leave the door open to competitors. I love Sonos, but my control experience is poor at the moment.
Got the Nokia Lumia 925 which will be very successful.... ... you just Need to come up with SONOS app for Windows Phone 8. Thanks in advance! ;-)))
Userlevel 2
+1 come on sonos
Userlevel 1
I come on here every couple of months hoping beyond hope that there will be an update but no. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO AKE A DECISSION? Its not very "agile" if it takes this long to make a decision on you customers most requested feature. Its not like it would take much investment in time or money. Its very poor that there is not more information coming from Sonos Re the most requested feature on their own website. Again, as others have put. If you have a windows laptop, desktop, tablet, phone or use Xbox Music look elsewhere for your music solution. In fact, if you want any kind of service or communication at all, I would look elsewhere.
Come on guys, if you have money for multiple Sonos devices, you certainly have $1.50 left for this app: http://www.phonos.org/windows/ It runs on both Win 8 and RT, and no, I am not affiliated with it. I know it is a shame that Sonos haven't created one of their own yet, but why wait and whine?
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Except that Phonos doesn't currently perform all the functions, I use it on my Windows Phone but can't get it to work on the Surface RT despite advice from their support team. I know people who have stopped using their Sonos system entirely because of it's lack of usability, I have a wife who can't understand why i've spent so much on a system which is such a pain in the ar$e to use. I'd love a play bar for my TV system and another Sonos for my dining room but there's just no point. Meanwhile Sonos fiddle while Rome burns...
Userlevel 1
Come on guys, if you have money for multiple Sonos devices, you certainly have $1.50 left for this app: http://www.phonos.org/windows/ It runs on both Win 8 and RT, and no, I am not affiliated with it. I know it is a shame that Sonos haven't created one of their own yet, but why wait and whine?
Its fine and I use it a lot but its not what you would call fully featured. And its only on Windows Phone not windows 8 or windows Rt. I have been talking to some windows devs today and some Microsoft employees and they were telling me that a port of the existing app should be "trivial".
start it....
+1 on Windows Phone app
+1 on Windows Phone app!
Any news? Any update? Anything? Dear Sonos; have you recently noticed that the WP platform is rapidly picking up marketshares in major countries in Europe and in the US? Have you considered the correlation between Sonos and WP owners? Please consider giving an update on where you're going on this
... after a break-in to my car, i lost my ipad and touch. simply we have a iphone 5 and second touch in our household (and imac). so i'm forced to look for a new tablet and i felt in love with surface rt. in addition i bought an tougher windows 8 fone and sold iPhone 5. windows 8 fone is much cheaper and easier to handle than locked IOS. if there is no support by sonos - i'll change to other room systems - there are anough newer ones, in adition with "NFC bluetooth" windows 8, rt and phone starts a good run on market and companies, which are not accompany will lose business volume
Badge +18
All, It's been a little while since our last update and we know that many of you are keen to learn more about the direction of this request. In short, the direction we're headed in is a good one, but we're not yet ready to share any details at this time. Until we have more to share, we're going to keep this topic marked as Under Consideration. Thank you for your continued support and for sharing your comments with us.
Since the dedicated controller is no longer available... Please create the Windows 8 APP. iPhone is fine but Windows still exists!
Badge
I have surface pro - It runs windows version of Sonos fine. However would be great to see fully touch optimised metro design implemented.
Userlevel 1
It sounds like this is getting close but the fact that it is still only "under consideration" is extremely disappointing. NEWS FLASH!! Microsoft is paying companies $100,000 per app to deliver first party applications to Windows 8 modern UI and Windows Phone 8 devices! I have been waiting for over 8 months for Windows Phone 8 support...hopefully this is getting close. I want to expand my system but cannot justify the cost when the usability is severely hampered by a crippled third party application on my Windows Phone 8 and Windows RT devices!!
Windows phone App +1
Userlevel 1
Hey all, Microsoft launched a new app on Windows Phone called "Where's My App" that allows you to formally request apps. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/where-my-app/1913db3b-2ff8-4d11-a979-7395f7419f23 I highly suggest we all download that app and request a first party Sonos application in addition to the requests we are demanding here. Hopefully we can finally convince Sonos to support the dedicated windows user group that loves and needs Sonos. Add this to the up to $100,000 Microsoft is offering companies to bring their apps to platform and how can Sonos ignore us?!
Badge
Just saw a new SONOS update to play directly from Android devices, but we still do not have a windows phone 8 app. I keep adding to my SONOS devices but have to control them from a desktop. Sure would like the Windows phone controller.
Userlevel 2
Oh for gods why is this taking so long? I went in to Best Buy last week and ever laptop on sale, is running windows 8. At our office they're migrating to Windows 8 and Surface Pro's. Does any working at Sonos give a damn about their customers?
I've just bought Sonos Bridge and Connect. You no longer produce a Sonos remote control (expensive when you did) and you do not provide an app for my HTC Mozart windows 7 phone. Not much point in starting a multi room system if I have to keep going back to the office to control the system. How does this make me feel?
For the happy owners of a Synology Disk Station there is an app called DS-AUDIO. This app streams music to your SONOS equipment. Works like a sharm on my Lumia 820
Userlevel 1
SONOS, can we get another update? What's the status here?