Support Windows 8 RT for Surface Tablet and Windows Phone 8 for Mobile Devices

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

941 replies

I have two Play 5's, two Play 3's, a soundbar and a sub. I love your equipment and desperately need a Windows Phone 8 app.
I have a Windows 8 Pro PC's, a Surface RT and a Nokia Lumia 920. I need apps!
Im waiting too for a windows phone 8 app
Userlevel 2
Another vote for a Windows phone app
I just installed sons lite $1.99 for what a peace of crap.
please do:)
Seriously, why is this not done yet?
By my calculation there are over 1,350 supporters in the top 40 ideas that are requesting a controller for an unsupported system. These break down to: Windows 8 Linux Chrome Book A decent HTML5 controller would efficiently go a reasonable way to satisfying many of these requests. A published API for such a controller would allow some decent integrations into operating systems. Not sure why Sonos would want to keep this rod for their own backs rather than letting developers build integrations for them in this very limited way.
Just bought a Dell XPS 10 with Windows 8 RT. I'm really enjoying so far as something that is easy to use around the house. The lack of a Sonos app (there is a phonos app) is a real drag.
The official post says that Windows Phone support is "Under consideration". How long does it take for you guys to make up your mind? I'd love to pick up the new Playbar, but it is bad enough that I can't control the 3 devices I already own with my Windows Phone. Please support this platform.
Userlevel 2
What's the status on this? Anyone at Sonos actually read this? The wonderful touch capabilities of Win8 (and RT) justify a real client app for the fabulous livingroom experience from Sonos. Start with the 'modern' app and get a WP8 app soon after. Please.
Dear Sonos Team, 4 month since the last official of your Team respond to this topic. Please give us a short status update! thx
Dear Sonos, it is time to get your Win 8 act in gear. The iPad Sonos app is a both beautiful and highly functional. Surely a Win 8/ Win RT app of similar quality should be doable? We know you can do touch interfaces better than most. A Windows Phone 8 app should be on the radar too. That platform seems to be getting traction in some markets and some of the devices (e.g. Lumia 920) are really well designed. Thanks
Please add a Surface RT app / also Windows Phone 8; The new Nokia Lumia is really nice.. no reason Sonos won't work on new technology such as this..
Userlevel 1
Well I have to say, I think this is where requests come to die. Its been the top requested topic since Windows 8 launched almost a year ago but we get non committal responses. Sonos say that customer service is the most important thing to them but unfortunately there actions don't show it. If you use Windows, Windows Phone, Xbox, Xbox Music or any other Microsoft service, steer clear of Sonos, unless you have apple kit (Android is just about covered, kind of) really don't bother.
Please add my support for this. As a Windows Phone 8 and Surface RT user, I have been frustrated that I am unable to use Sonos with my devices. I see the first post of this thread is eight months old. Will a response, beyond what is given above, be forthcoming? It is reasonable for people to know if Sonos will work with their devices or not. Thank you in advance.
Dear Sonos. Any news on this? Why not make a statement - any answer goes, but refusing to say anything is really not very consumer oriented thinking.
Userlevel 2
Please work to add Windows 8 App and Windows Phone 8 App!!!
How is there not an app for the WP8 yet. Just bought a Lumia 925 so all haste please!!!!!!!
Userlevel 2
Hi, I have two Windows 8 phones and a Surface RT at home. Please give an update on when we will receive an app for both systems. Thank you!
Sonos is the only way to go in my opinion, unfortunately I can't use it because I have: Windows Phone 8 Microsoft Surface RT XBOX Music Pass please add support!
I cannot purchase a Sonos product if it does not have a Windows Phone 8 App.
Just bought a shit load of sonos, when I saw windows 8 app as "Under development".. but come on.. for 8 months???!?
Just bought a shit load of sonos, when I saw windows 8 app as "Under development".. but come on.. for 8 months???!?
Actually, it is "Under Consideration", not "Under Development." Better change the script at whatever Windows 8 user forum sent you here.
Yes, please support Windows 8 Phone! My whole house is running Windows 8 devices and would love the Sonos applications to support them.