Support Windows 8 RT for Surface Tablet and Windows Phone 8 for Mobile Devices

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

941 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Well well... "Xbox’s Marc Whitten leaving Microsoft for Sonos"
Userlevel 1
Took the survey, but I'm a little confused as to why you've published this in the first place? Surely if you're going with a WP8 app then you would give it the same features as iOS and Droid, would you not? Don't get me wrong, it finally feels like you guys are moving forward with something. However my concern now is that us WP8 users will end up with some half cut version, based on the more important features you gather from your survey.
Userlevel 3
http://winsource.com/2014/03/07/sonos-for-windows-phone-survey/

If you want windows...take the survey 🙂
This will probably just lead to another years wait with nothing at the end. This request for an app has been going on for long enough now that we should have an app for wp8/rt,not be still waiting for Sonos to make a decision if to make one.
Sonos has a survey now about Windows phones/apps: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/AskSonosWindowsPhone

Possibly looking to finally develop an app?
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hello,

We’ve created a brief survey which has some questions on what Windows Phone you currently use, what Sonos components you have, and what features are important to you. When you have a few minutes, we’d appreciate any feedback you can provide us via the survey.

You can take it by following this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/AskSonosWindowsPhone

Thanks everyone for your continued feedback and support.
Windows Phone app OR simple hardware remote ASAP .... PLEASE!
I hope you guys develop an app soon. I am deciding on buying a music streaming solution for my house and am strongly considering sonos, but all my devices are Windows based. I have the Suraface 2, Nokia 920. If Sonos had an app for Windows RT and Windows Phone, I wouldn't have even considered anything else. Still hoping they will come out with an app before I buy.
I agree - a Windows phone app.is way past due.  I have the Phonos one, but it's features are limited and it's clunky.  But, I love my Sonos system.

Come on Sonos!

I run everything on Windows 8 and Windows Phone. I don't want to buy an iPad or Android tablet. You have had plenty of time to "take it under consideration", now give us more information on the likelyhood of apps for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone. When can we expect a more detailed response from you.

Please don't ask how we use our Windows Phone in the household. It is irrelevant and takes even more time. We just want the controller on our favorite platform, Windows 8,1 and Windows Phone

Thank you!

Agreed.  If you want to know how we want to use it, basically no different than how I used to use it on the iPad and iPhone.  This is not rocket science and honestly appears to be a stall tactic...

If you have to start with basic functionality, that is fine, but get something out there...  right now I have to remote desktop into a windows pc to make it work....
Userlevel 1
Come on Sonos!

I run everything on Windows 8 and Windows Phone. I don't want to buy an iPad or Android tablet. You have had plenty of time to "take it under consideration", now give us more information on the likelyhood of apps for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone. When can we expect a more detailed response from you.

Please don't ask how we use our Windows Phone in the household. It is irrelevant and takes even more time. We just want the controller on our favorite platform, Windows 8,1 and Windows Phone

Thank you!
Userlevel 1
Badge
I use Windows Phone like most people use a smart phone. Surfing the web, ordering food, checking weather, banking, sports, listening to music, controlling my home, etc. Maybe I'm not understanding the question Ryan.
Amazon Mobile, Amazon Kindle, eBay, Pandora, PayPal, Adobe Reader, Fly Delta, GoToMeeting, American Airlines, United Airlines, Bank of America, Direct TV, Twitter, Domino's Pizza, Vivint/Alarm.com. These are some the fully functioning apps that I currently use on my Windows Phone that are not third party published. Hopefully Sonos will publish its Windows Phone controller soon. I must say, with complete and all due respect, it is difficult to think that the Windows Phone App is only "Under Consideration", especially for a company that in my opinion has produced a flawless, wireless sound system with the greatest sound quality and play options available.   I thoroughly enjoy my system every day, so thanks.
I'm not sure i understand the statement "We’re listening to your suggestions and will be looking for some more detailed feedback on how you use Windows Phone in your home soon."?
I think everyone's point is they do NOT use it to control their Sonos system (at least not with an official App), and would like to be able to as soon as possible.  

That will only happen with Sonos investment.

After over 1 year of nothing useful to report from Sonos with regards to a Windows phone app, the Sonos brand has gone down in my estimations.  8 months ago you could have stated this would not be available any time soon and allowed those that wished too to move on, rather than teasing that you were heading in a good direction.  It appear your latest statement confirms nothing has changed in the past 8 months.
Userlevel 2
I am about to get a new phone - really need a sense of whether there's going to be a controller app for use on Windows phones to help me decide which way to go.
Windows Phone App is a must go with Sonos.
I agree. Just dumped my android for a new windows phone. Need an app for wp8
Userlevel 2
We've had Sonos for a good few years now and have expanded our selection recently with the Play:1, however I really hope we do get both a WP8 and Windows 8/8RT official 'Modern' app in the near future, it would be the icing on the cake!
Please give us windows phone users an official Sonos app (Even a beta), not everyone in the world uses iPhone or Android, WP8 is growing fast and we need an official app from a highly sophisticated system like Sonos, Help stamp out the domination of the iPhone
Userlevel 1
Badge
Ryan this sounds quite positive. Thanks
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your continued feedback and ideas regarding a Windows Phone controller for Sonos.  We’re listening to your suggestions and will be looking for some more detailed feedback on how you use Windows Phone in your home soon.

We don’t have any updates or details to share at this time, and the request will continue to be marked as Under Consideration, but please keep an eye on this space in the near future.

Thanks again for all of your support.
Hello everyone,

Thank you all for continuing to support this request and for sharing your point of view.  We hear and understand the request for further information but have nothing new to share at this time.  

When we have news to share, this thread will be among the first to know.

I was about ready to give Best Buy my credit card for the Playbar, subwoofer and two medium speakers when I was told that there is no app for WinRT or Windows Phone.  I am forced to go with another product because it is unreasonable to control everything from my single Windows PC. 
Hello everyone,

Thank you all for continuing to support this request and for sharing your point of view.  We hear and understand the request for further information but have nothing new to share at this time.  

This is frustrating and I can not get the rational behind. Why should a company which has a self-understanding to be fully customer oriented ignore a significant number (and a fast growing group) of customers who are Windows users. To have something "under consideration" for months which takes a developer a week stands for itself. There is obviously not intend to change the situation. As I have just a Play 5 currently I am considering now to switch to an alternative which treats me better.
Hello everyone,

Wouldn't it be easier for Sonos to buy the Phonos app from its developer? A lot of people would be happy with what I assume would be a very little investment (buying Phonos and hiring a Windows Engineer)
Hello everyone,

Wanted to throw a comment in the mix. Phonos cost $2.50 and seems to work pretty well on Windows Phone. I was hoping Sonos would develop an app, so I waited a few months to buy it. Kind of silly since it was just $2.50, but I was hopeful. Anyway, I started thinking about it - a single developer wrote Phonos. I'll repeat that for emphasis, a single developer wrote Phonos. He reverse engineered how Sonos worked and built his own app. If an individual can do this it is beyond ridiculous that the company selling the product can't come up with their own app that does the same thing. Sonos makes great products that do amazing things, so I'm absolutely sure they have the ability to make a WP app. What's the hold up?