Support Windows 8 RT for Surface Tablet and Windows Phone 8 for Mobile Devices

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

941 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Nice... I think that answers the question clearly. Time to look for an alternate solution.
SONOS your company will never shine! you seem to forget it is us customers that pay your wages. Is very simple i you ignore us will will ultimately stop buying your products, there is NO excuse to just ignore hundreds of your customers on this subject. Only companies that give good customer support in the future will survive, it does not matter how good your products are.
I called SONOS Customer Support at 800-680-2345 to request status of Windows app, and they told me to buy a used I Phone from ebay.  OUCH!
I called SONOS Customer Support at 800-680-2345 to request status of Windows app, and they told me to buy a used I Phone from ebay.  OUCH!
In Mid January 2014 Sonos Customer Service told me "they are not and have no plans to develop a windows app". 
Come on.....support Windows Phone, RT/Modern. The demand is there. So tempted to get Sonos but can't until you address this glaring omission
I love sonos, and I love windows Phone. It would be great if I could combine them!
Utterly rubbish support from Sonos. We are a totally Windows household. The really need to get their skates on and support both Windows phone and the modern/ metro side properly! Will not be investing yet..... have ceiling speakers in all the rooms just begging for this! Their same as other companies such as Sky and point blank ignore the fastest growing OS  and also potentially largest computer OS..... abysmal
Userlevel 1
I will ask the same. New user to Windows Phone 8 but very sad to see no support for Sonos other than Phonos. Come on! We have all paid a huge amount of money for your kit. You have discontinued your own controllers meaning we have to use your software. Let us choose our platform.
Sonos - what's the latest on this!!!
Userlevel 1
Badge
It's been 6 months since that official response, an update is in order.  Why do you feel the need to play your cards so close to your chest?  Couldn't you just say "We're working on a Windows Phone/Windows RT app but we can't give a release date yet"?
Sonos team can you please update where we are with this .... absolutely disgusting way to treat your customers! whats wrong with you people..... this is the purpose of all these forums to keep everyone moaning hear rather than in your call centres..... I call on everyone who reads this to send emails , tweets , facebook messages and get on this forum till its done.... don't rest with it ... remember the squeaky wheel gets the oil people! go quiet and it'll never come..... I hope someone develops a wireless home music system that supports windows phone.... my sonos stuff would be on ebay in a heart beat.. used to love it.... hate it now.... hate the company
Desperately need an app for Windows 8. 447 comments/requests and counting . . .
Yes, please release an official app for Windows phone, and preferably also an app for the Microsoft Surface tablets. Or at least let us in on what your considerations are.
Hi Sonos guys, just a short reminder that we are still waiting for a Windows phone app.
Ive just updated my technology so bought the best I could afford... surface 2 tablet and play5 and play1. I have no Mac products so made sense to stick with Microsoft and stream all music from my desktop where I have hundreds of MP3 music files. I had expected to control the Sonos music system from my new surface (cannot afford to update old mobile phone that dates from dark ages) but gutted to find I cannot!!!!! Is this favouritism for the iPad from sonos I ask myself? I put off my wireless and tablet purchase for a long time to ensure any blips would be ironed out. My wireless digital audio system cost me a grand and I still have to walk upstairs to my office desktop to change my playlists.....I'm back to cds in my 10year old Sony portable player for working in my messy studio rather than trail dust through house and office. sonos sound is awesome and the kit is not cheap so this is a blow. I was planning on buying a couple more speakers for bedroom dining room but unless I can use Sonos controller from my surface 2 tablet the speakers will be going on eBay.
UPDATE PLEASE SONOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like Sonos are holding out for a pay out from Microsoft to me. Read about companies doing this in some forums, never thought Sonos would steep so low!! I have been putting of buying a Sonos system since I moved to WP8, I will be holding out for a multi room audio solution that supports WP8. Sort it out Sonos
So whats going on here? It has been 6 months since the last official response. I am using both Windows Phone and Surface and would like to have an official app! How much more do we have to wait?
ok, so it's been 6 months (!) since the 'official response that "the direction we're headed is a good one, but we're not ready to share any details at tis time."   Six months???  Please at least indicate some kind of time-frame as people are buying the windows products NOW and would like at better idea of whether they should buy sonos products -- better than a "whenever" kind of answer please.
Really? Really??? You know it seems like all the "cool" new computer geeks and their companies are just like the computer guys on wall street. SHOW ME THE MONEY! The hell with universal connectivity we have to protect our brand and bank accounts. Should have done more research, wouldn't have bothered to spend my money. It's not simple if it doesn't work with every device. Greed is stupidity squared.
Userlevel 1
Badge
It makes complete sense why Sonos isn't answering our questions or doing anything about Windows Phone 8/RT support. "Today Nest announced that it has agreed to be acquired by Google." Prepare for Sonos to announce something similar in the near future and sign up for a Google+ account! RIP Windows support.
Hi John, Its been 6 months since you've given us an update. Do you have any new information on when we might see a Win8 (now Win8.1) app for the Surface RT?
Just received a Sonos system for Christmas and I don't want to have to return it.  I'm quite fond of my Windows Phone, and have no desire to trade it for a different platform. I guess I can run Sonos off of my computer - but that's forcing me to buy a new computer sooner than I can afford to.  My Ipod is ancient and works perfectly well, so I have no need to buy a new one of those, either.  I've looked at this thread and there seem to be plenty of people who want this app developed. Why not release it?
What are the benefits from airplay if I still need an Apple device to run Sonos? Cmon makeing an app is not that hard think about the future of products. People want to have possibilities to change and don't want to be forced to some tablet of phone brand.