Support Windows 8 RT for Surface Tablet and Windows Phone 8 for Mobile Devices

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

941 replies

6 months since the last update. Any news on when SONOS will have an app available to use on a WIndows phone?
Yeah we just got the Sonos system and I'm about to get a new Windows phone.  If this isn't resolved soon, I'm sending the Sonos back before the 90 day
Gone Windows 8 Phone for everyone in the house, really disappointed with Sonos for not providing an app, when thinking about next audio solution purchase will have to think about Sonos not being progressive or flexible :-(
I wish I knew that i could not control SONOS with my Windows SURFACE with Windows RT on it. I bought it with controlling the SONOS in mind.
Now I will not be purchasing one unless the support is give to this platform.

Bummer!

Daniel J Farren Jr

Forestdale (Sandwich) Cape Cod, MA
This is pretty annoying... I hope sonos will fix this soon. I controlled sonos with my android tablet. Android 4.1.2, where the sonos app cannot be controlled from the loginscreen. So i constantly need to provide my credentials. Android 4.2 seems to be able to do so for the sonoswidget. But the tunein internetradio can be controlled from the loginscreen in this android version. To me this sounds a bit lazy, to not give back support. So I bought a windows phone and had to find out that people are waiting for control abilities for years already! I think sonos can better hire more people to get the software right instead of designing new products like the play one. Also, think of some better discount actions other than a free bridge. Some people may have five of them! I better like immediate discount on another play3 if above issues are resolved... I expected more for my money. Way more...
I just saved 500£ on NOT buying SONOS because i found out that windows RT is not supported by ANY SONOS app/software. A colleague of mine was going to kit out his whole house with 7 rooms with sonos but as i told me about this issue with windows RT not being supported he too has decided NOT to by SONOS.
I'll put further purchases on hold as long as the Windows clients aren't announced for "Metro".
Userlevel 2
no more excuses now

Xbox Music for Developers program, opening up Xbox Music to web and app developers. Through the new program, it's now possible for developers to create web and mobile apps with an amazing array of Xbox Music features.
Userlevel 2
no more excuses now

Xbox Music for Developers program, opening up Xbox Music to web and app developers. Through the new program, it's now possible for developers to create web and mobile apps with an amazing array of Xbox Music features.
Would love to see an app for Windows Phone for this.. only thing really holding me back from buying Sonos stuff..
Anyone running a PC and using a surface as a portable convenient home device, I've been using the splashtop app as a work around until sonos decides it is worth it to develop an app, or has completed development and validation.
Agree!
Adding my vote to this +1  I will increase my investment in Sonos products when it has native pap support for Windows 8.1 and Phone plus Xbox Music.
Hi everybody,

I bought a Play 1 and I'm a very happy about it. Now I look forward to an Sonos App for my Windowsphone 8 Mobile, which has the full functional range like the apps for IOs and Android.
When do we can count with a solution?

Thanks and best regards,

Steffen
+ 1 WP8

Get going Sonos!
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
any news for this ?  We really need this 🙂

Its 5 months now, after that long you guys should really tell us something .

Thanks
+1 for  Windows 8 app
Come om there must be something you can convey to your customers. On your web Site you state that you support any Smartphone, tablet or computers. For my part I will not invest in any more products (playbar, 3 ones) until an app is available.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Does the fact that this request is still Under Consideration and not in a Planned status mean that no progress has been made in developing a Windows App range?

I'm waiting on an App decision from Sonos to expand my investment with the purchase of a Sub, PlayBar and a few more Play:1's to displace my Yamaha RXA1010.

Can Sonos at least respond with status or is the plan to just ignore community requests from customers who are obviously interested in your products? 
I'd love to be part of the beta test program for the Windows 8 RT controller!
Schade, dass es noch kein App für Windows Phone 8 gibt. Ich hoffe doch, dass die Entwickler dieses App zur Verfügung stellen können - oder verbietet  Microsoft die Veröffentlichung?     
create the app already, I purchased 2 speakers and cannot use my surface RT. I am a little upset.
Badge
Any progress in the last 5 months!!!! Come on guys where is the Win8/WP8 Sonos controller app?
I am a huge SONOS supporter and have influenced 5 friends to purchase your technology, always with the caveat that support for Windows is less than desirable and my primary concern and source of dissatisfaction. Support for Windows Phone and RT are definitely something that would complete your current offering. Very willing to participate in Beta releases of solutions for those devices and provide feedback.
Would this work while they are still developing the app. Using the Sonos as a Play To DNLA destination:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/craigf/archive/2013/04/08/using-sonos-as-a-play-to-destination-from-withi...