Support Windows 8 RT for Surface Tablet and Windows Phone 8 for Mobile Devices

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

941 replies

I really want to buy a Sonos system, but the lack of support for my tablet and phone (Surface RT and WP8) is what's holding me back.
Userlevel 2
The survey was launched two months ago and still nothing back from anyone at Sonos. Can you at least make the results of the SurveyMonkey public so that we can see for ourselves what the feedback was?

It is starting to feel like the survey was a pacifier to keep the Windows users quiet for a couple of weeks and nothing more.
Yes xbox music service will also be very valuable as I would like to consolidate my streaming services and they seem to be bringing it all together.
I cannot purchase a Sonos product if it does not have a Windows Phone 8 App.
I am waiting to buy a sonos system for four of the rooms in my house until Xbox music and windows support comes out.  I know I'm not the only one.  Sonos could make more money from their product if they would support Windows! 
Could we at least get a bare-bones web app embedded in the controller? That would give WP/RT users *something* to control devices with.
Just bought a shit load of sonos, when I saw windows 8 app as "Under development".. but come on.. for 8 months???!?
Come on Sonos, if you want to be series you need to develop a Windows 8 app. There are more than 300 millions PC shipped with Windows 8 around the world every year and I would bet more than 70% of the Sonos owners have a Windows PC at home.

Can you at least publish the SDK so I can develop na APP ?
Sigh.  Just listened to the Play 1 at the store.  Sounded great and would be perfect for shower music in the bathroom.  Bought a JBL flip instead so I could control it from my windows phone.  Actually sounds pretty good.  My need to consider going the bluetooth route in the future.  Would rather control from the native music interface on my phone instead of an app anyway.  Love the speakers, but honestly, the best sounding music is the music you can actually listen to because you have a way to conveniently turn it on!
Just bought a shit load of sonos, when I saw windows 8 app as "Under development".. but come on.. for 8 months???!?
Actually, it is "Under Consideration", not "Under Development." Better change the script at whatever Windows 8 user forum sent you here.
Come on. This should have been up months ago. What is your timeline?
Definitely need a Windows Phone 8 App
Yes, please support Windows 8 Phone! My whole house is running Windows 8 devices and would love the Sonos applications to support them.
Userlevel 1
Come on Sonos, get that WP8 app in there... We've been waiting for ages !!!
Userlevel 2
I follow this discussion know since nearly one year. The only possible explanation to not have xbox music support or at least a Windows Phone app is a huge anti-support by Apple...:)
Userlevel 1
I also think it is about time for Sonos to show some Progress on this subject. We now have 5 Win8 RT/WP8 devices and 5 Sonos Zones in the house so we need the Sonos controller now.
How can it take months/years to release a controller for windows phones?
This is just bad service..
Badge
Well im ready to turn to Bluesound or Samsung shape if they make a proper Windows phone/rt app I thought that Sonos would be in front but they seem to dont care. When i bought Sonos I was convinced the app would be soon on its way but here after 3 years still nothing!? arrogant
Userlevel 1
So there are 37 folks (at time of this post) who like this idea, 20+ posts, and it's 'Under Consideration'. What's the tipping point for getting this going?
I'm moving into a new house and would like to cover the entire house with music. Sonos is on the top of my list but the lack of a controller for our 3 windows platform devices(2 surfaces + 1 windows Phone) is making me research other options.
I wanted to buy Sonos for my mom for Christmas.  She uses a Surface.  Come on Sonos...
I've just bought a Surface RT and I'm gutted to discover there is no Sonos App. Please sort this out Sonos, surely there is enough of a market now.
need this App ASAP please tell Patrick to approve it super soon
Userlevel 1
Please, make it happen. WP8 and Win8 RT are no longer gadgets now. Please don't leave the door open to competitors. I love Sonos, but my control experience is poor at the moment.
I have been so impressed by Sonos in friend's houses, and have been ready to jump for more than a year. I keep looking for windows apps to become available before investing. I'm not a fan of i-phones (with all due respect), and resent the obsession/exclusivity deals that Apple seem to weald on a global scale. No reason (as far as I can see) has been given for the lack of Windows phone based apps & I don't feel prepared to wait any longer as precisely nothing seems to be happening, & no hope offered. I'm now looking for the same concept from another brand.