Support Windows 8 RT for Surface Tablet and Windows Phone 8 for Mobile Devices

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

941 replies

Please add a Surface RT app / also Windows Phone 8; The new Nokia Lumia is really nice.. no reason Sonos won't work on new technology such as this..
Need a Windows 8, Windows RT app - SOON Thanks
Userlevel 1
Well I have to say, I think this is where requests come to die. Its been the top requested topic since Windows 8 launched almost a year ago but we get non committal responses. Sonos say that customer service is the most important thing to them but unfortunately there actions don't show it. If you use Windows, Windows Phone, Xbox, Xbox Music or any other Microsoft service, steer clear of Sonos, unless you have apple kit (Android is just about covered, kind of) really don't bother.
Userlevel 3
Badge
I am extremely close to the end of my tether now. This has been the most requested feature on this forum for as long as I have been following this site. At first I could understand the reluctance from Sonos. But seeing requests with less votes and probably higher technical difficulty being implemented ahead of a WP app was worn me down to the point that if a WP app isn't released in parallel with Android and iOS vision 5.0 I will be ditching this system.

Such a shame, from such initial excitement and joy I now find myself feeling resentful and pissed off whenever I have to launch Phonos. Well done Sonos, you've succeeded in getting at least one of those annoying WP users of your hair.
I hope Sonos release an application in the Windows Apps store soon. Also, is there any plan to add support for Microsoft's Xbox music service.
Please add my support for this. As a Windows Phone 8 and Surface RT user, I have been frustrated that I am unable to use Sonos with my devices. I see the first post of this thread is eight months old. Will a response, beyond what is given above, be forthcoming? It is reasonable for people to know if Sonos will work with their devices or not. Thank you in advance.
Userlevel 1
I am extremely close to the end of my tether now. This has been the most requested feature on this forum for as long as I have been following this site. At first I could understand the reluctance from Sonos. But seeing requests with less votes and probably higher technical difficulty being implemented ahead of a WP app was worn me down to the point that if a WP app isn't released in parallel with Android and iOS vision 5.0 I will be ditching this system.

Such a shame, from such initial excitement and joy I now find myself feeling resentful and pissed off whenever I have to launch Phonos. Well done Sonos, you've succeeded in getting at least one of those annoying WP users of your hair.

I was going to buy a Playbar for my new TV but have decided to look elsewhere. Sonos will not be getting any more money from this household. Works both ways
i also need the rt app badly thx
Dear Sonos. Any news on this? Why not make a statement - any answer goes, but refusing to say anything is really not very consumer oriented thinking.
5 months on and no update from above... 
Userlevel 1
There are a lot of frustrated people on this thread.  And Sonos are just releasing an updated app for IOS and Android.

What a bunch of jokers.
Missing this badly.
Userlevel 2
Please work to add Windows 8 App and Windows Phone 8 App!!!
Been waiting too long for WP controller, please announce schedule for release (if you have any...). Also thinking about extending my sonos setup but feel reluctant to do so. I have the Phonos app and its working but its not enough...
There are a lot of frustrated people on this thread.  
This is really frustrating that Sonos decides to remake there App completely and will leaves Windows platform outside of the update. For the windows phone/RT platform they have issued a survey two month ago and haven commented anything since. This is NOT good consumer relation building.
Add me to the list. Love my Sonos set up but also love my Surface. Its a pain to have to go to my PC when roaming the house 🙂
How is there not an app for the WP8 yet. Just bought a Lumia 925 so all haste please!!!!!!!
Official update on this issue would be appreciated...
Me too. The Surface and Nokia Lumina tablets are so good they will be more and more popular. So support for Windows RT 8.1 seems logical and urgent!
In addition to a Sonos app, any plans for them to support the PlayTo functionality?
Userlevel 2
Hi, I have two Windows 8 phones and a Surface RT at home. Please give an update on when we will receive an app for both systems. Thank you!
I am a big fan of your company and products...and the array of your products I have in my home demonstrate that.

Big question...when are you going to support the Windows Phone? I really don't like having to make a phone buying decision based on Sonos support...as I am sure you wouldn't either.
under consideration for 2 years??? A survey??? Wow, i am impressed!
Userlevel 2
Please release a Windows Store Sonos App! Sonos isn't that cool anymore since my Surface arrived!
Sonos is the only way to go in my opinion, unfortunately I can't use it because I have: Windows Phone 8 Microsoft Surface RT XBOX Music Pass please add support!