Support Windows 8 RT for Surface Tablet and Windows Phone 8 for Mobile Devices

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

941 replies

please do:)
I see its been 5 months since the last official Sonos respons to this thread. That is just Unacceptable
Userlevel 1
That's the problem, isn't it? The app isn't even "in development", which really means other than maybe mentioning it at meetings, they are doing nothing about it.

they are probably spending more time discussing what other useless music services they can email us about.

As I've said before, they have their market share via Android and iOS so why would they waste their time with us? I keep checking back here in the vain hope that there's an exciting update and each time my feelings towards Sonos as a progressive company are soured more and more.
Seriously, why is this not done yet?
Userlevel 2
Hey, I really want to buy a Sonos system for Christmas present to the my family. But without an Windows Phone / Windows app I will not buy it. Unfortunately. Please make an WP/Win app for your system.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Just made a Facebook group to show Sonos how much a Windows Phone app is needed. Guess 100k members should convience them. So come and join. Spread the word.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/809723162374519/
By my calculation there are over 1,350 supporters in the top 40 ideas that are requesting a controller for an unsupported system. These break down to: Windows 8 Linux Chrome Book A decent HTML5 controller would efficiently go a reasonable way to satisfying many of these requests. A published API for such a controller would allow some decent integrations into operating systems. Not sure why Sonos would want to keep this rod for their own backs rather than letting developers build integrations for them in this very limited way.
Userlevel 1
Well look at that. I come back to see if there's any update on this thread, and your home page boasts about the new app coming soon to iPhone and Android. Talk about sticking it to WP users!!
Just bought a Dell XPS 10 with Windows 8 RT. I'm really enjoying so far as something that is easy to use around the house. The lack of a Sonos app (there is a phonos app) is a real drag.
What's the latest on this, Sonos? 5 months ago there was the hint of something exciting and we haven't heard anything since. About 1 in 20 smartphones sold run Win8 and it's the platform with the highest growth rate by far. And whether or not there is going to be an app dictates whether or not I buy a new Sonos for Christmas...
Userlevel 1
A new and interesting innovation in Windows 8.1 Phone, one that Android and iOS do not know, is the use of universal apps. Thanks to a new programming environment, developers can make their apps directly for both Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 8.1 (desktop) development. This was separated up to now. All the software looks like a smartphone different from the desktop, the code can be the same.

So seeing that Sonos already has and needs a Windows 8 PC controller to make the system work, I believe that they now will have to make a version that works on the new windows Phone 8.1. Seeing that windows Phone 8.1 is new, Sonos will probably need some time to make this wordk correctly. So let's grant them a day or two.
Would love to buy a Sonos Playbar, Sub, and couple of Play1s, but need apps for Winodws 8 and Windows Phone!
Userlevel 1
It's been four days sinds my last post. Didn't get a notification of an update in the windows controler. So i'm guessing the problem isn't solved yet. Can annyone give me an update?
I am mainly and Android user (and past iOS) and have just purchased a Surface tablet. It is early but so far I am very impressed with the hardware and operating system. The only thing missing is support for some of my favorite apps like Sonos. Please strongly consider development! Thanks.
The official post says that Windows Phone support is "Under consideration". How long does it take for you guys to make up your mind? I'd love to pick up the new Playbar, but it is bad enough that I can't control the 3 devices I already own with my Windows Phone. Please support this platform.
Hi, I'm new to the forum and I'm surprised to see that Sonos has not replied to this issue over the last 5 months (!?). Just for your information: I think Sonos is missing a significant growing community here. The market share for WP8, RT and WP8 tablets passed the 10% mark (volume sold) in UK and France the last couple of months... The popularity of the new Nokia phones/tablets and the uptake of these products with the US carriers looks very promising for the US too... If you are in the process of developing the WP8 app and you need beta-testers, then please drop me a line. I'd be happy to help out (I'm sure the 1,315 people on this tread would help out too :-))
I think the support of sonos concerning the windows Phone app is really worse.

You may at least say, we are working on it or not. I think you will make more fans than enemies if you do it that way..

So, what is the status?
Userlevel 2
What's the status on this? Anyone at Sonos actually read this? The wonderful touch capabilities of Win8 (and RT) justify a real client app for the fabulous livingroom experience from Sonos. Start with the 'modern' app and get a WP8 app soon after. Please.
Looking to buy but not till Xbox music and Metro apps are available
"Posted 2 years ago" - any updates yet?
Dear Sonos Team, 4 month since the last official of your Team respond to this topic. Please give us a short status update! thx
I also need Windows Phone and Windows 8 app...  That´s the only way forward..
Userlevel 2
Are we going to be told the outcome of the survey or whether there is any progress on this consideration?
Dear Sonos, it is time to get your Win 8 act in gear. The iPad Sonos app is a both beautiful and highly functional. Surely a Win 8/ Win RT app of similar quality should be doable? We know you can do touch interfaces better than most. A Windows Phone 8 app should be on the radar too. That platform seems to be getting traction in some markets and some of the devices (e.g. Lumia 920) are really well designed. Thanks
Userlevel 2
It is time! Surface 2 is out and Sonos needs to step up with the RT controller.