Support Windows 8 RT for Surface Tablet and Windows Phone 8 for Mobile Devices

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

941 replies

Yes. Please Sonos... Get moving on the Windows RT.
Badge
I've never see the iOS app (not an Apple fan), but their Windows and Android implementations are superb. It takes time to write software of that quality. Like all the posters on this topic I anxiously await an RT app to run on my new Surface. Based on the envious looks from friends and colleagues I suspect it is the next big thing.
Got the Nokia Lumia 925 which will be very successful.... ... you just Need to come up with SONOS app for Windows Phone 8. Thanks in advance! ;-)))
Where is the Surface App! Christmas is coming!
I need this app too. I used to have a Windows phone, and used the Phonos app. But it's not very good, so I moved to Android, just to get a better controller. Turns out I had Android, and I am getting an HTC 8X Windows phone the day it comes out. And I will need a controller for my Sonos system on it!
Userlevel 2
+1 come on sonos
I am actually planning to buy into Sonos relatively soon, but i will be holding off until we get windows phone support, its a must as its my phone!
Userlevel 1
Badge
With zero communication from Sonos and years of them ignoring Windows users, it is time to walk away. Microsoft recently built an application for INSTEON, a home control solution that only supported iOS and Android.  I'm sure MS offered to do the same for Sonos. So why in the world would Sonos turn down free software development? It is absolutely absurd and I’m tired of holding my breath for them to realize the importance of the Windows echo system. Sonos has ignored us for far too long and the new controller app for iOS and Android was a real slap in the face. They need to learn the importance of customer service because this is some of the worst I have ever seen.  
Userlevel 1
I come on here every couple of months hoping beyond hope that there will be an update but no. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO AKE A DECISSION? Its not very "agile" if it takes this long to make a decision on you customers most requested feature. Its not like it would take much investment in time or money. Its very poor that there is not more information coming from Sonos Re the most requested feature on their own website. Again, as others have put. If you have a windows laptop, desktop, tablet, phone or use Xbox Music look elsewhere for your music solution. In fact, if you want any kind of service or communication at all, I would look elsewhere.
Userlevel 2
Seriously Sonos - I am looking at purchasing the soundbar and associated speakers but this is just silly.  Can you update the official response???
I think most people would accept a statement from Sonos saying "look guys we know you want this but we dont have the resources to develop an app for such a niche group". Its not true of course but it would at least we would all know where we stand and could make an informed decision of the purchase or expansion of a system. However, the insulting political statements from "John" are really rubbing the nose of customers in it and I for one have already made my choice and letting my feet do the talking. Basically Sonos are sticking a massive two fingers up to a group of customers. This aint coming and everyone should accept that and move on from these losers. Give someone else your hard earned money. There are 1763 likes for this page. Its safe to assume that all of those have a sonos system and a windows device. Based on the price of just one device at about £250 thats almost half a million £. Alot of people have more than one device and there are bound to be a lot more people in this situation who simply havent bothered to post. So you are probably looking at more than £million in sales to windows users conservatively. How much to make an app? Abolute joke of a company.
Userlevel 1
I just know the Sonos app will be that good that it will drive both Sonia and Surface sales. Go Sonos go!
Come on guys, if you have money for multiple Sonos devices, you certainly have $1.50 left for this app: http://www.phonos.org/windows/ It runs on both Win 8 and RT, and no, I am not affiliated with it. I know it is a shame that Sonos haven't created one of their own yet, but why wait and whine?
Would love to get an update from Sonos support.
Jesus. I have personally purchased about 30 sonos zones over the last few years - some for myself and some as gifts for others. Those people have then purchased yet more zones. And so on. Currently, at home, I have 2x Sonos Connect, 4x Play:5 and 2x Play:3...

The only reason I have an iPad is sonos. My main tablet is Microsoft Surface RT. My only phones are Windows Phones. Yet - I was forced to buy an iPad just so I can control my System..

Thing is, i HATE that iPad. It's buggy, and I seriously dislike the Apple usability. Now, it crashes more and more frequently, and I REFUSE to buy another. 

Sonos: I've been _patiently_ wainting for an app for Windows Phone since the launch of WP7, and I'm out of patience. Unless you're planning to release one within the next month or so (and if you are, please say so allready) then at least publish some API documentation and I'll make one myself.

It's not that hard.
+1 on a Windows RT version please. I wouldn't mind a WP8 as well.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Except that Phonos doesn't currently perform all the functions, I use it on my Windows Phone but can't get it to work on the Surface RT despite advice from their support team. I know people who have stopped using their Sonos system entirely because of it's lack of usability, I have a wife who can't understand why i've spent so much on a system which is such a pain in the ar$e to use. I'd love a play bar for my TV system and another Sonos for my dining room but there's just no point. Meanwhile Sonos fiddle while Rome burns...
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
More than 10% of mobile phones in Europe are Windows Phones and the share is growing rapidly. I'm planning to use my Sonos devices and buy some more to my new house but my children have Windows Phones. Any promise would do. I can wait some more months but I have to know whether a controller for Windows phone is coming or not. Or should I build multiroom system without Sonos?
Dear SONOS,

When will we get that SONOS app for WP8 and WinRT?

I love my Windows Phone and Surface 2, but I hate that I have to use other devices to control SONOS.

My two kids want SONOS for their own rooms, but as long as they both own a Windows Phone, this is not possible. Also my sons Surface 2, that he uses for school, can do everything he wants, just no control SONOS.

We have received multiple app updates for iPad over the last year, and every time I wait and hope, that you will release a Win RT or Windows Phone app, but it never comes.

When will you help us Win RT and WP8 users?
Userlevel 2
Absolutely! Please bring this on asap!
Userlevel 1
Come on guys, if you have money for multiple Sonos devices, you certainly have $1.50 left for this app: http://www.phonos.org/windows/ It runs on both Win 8 and RT, and no, I am not affiliated with it. I know it is a shame that Sonos haven't created one of their own yet, but why wait and whine?
Its fine and I use it a lot but its not what you would call fully featured. And its only on Windows Phone not windows 8 or windows Rt. I have been talking to some windows devs today and some Microsoft employees and they were telling me that a port of the existing app should be "trivial".
Userlevel 1
hi sonos, 

I have bought a phone nokia lumia 920 and it lacks a sonos compatible apps
Userlevel 3
Badge
I need this.
Userlevel 1
I would like to agree. My new Surface RT is *screaming* for it's Sonos controller....
start it....