Support Windows 8 RT for Surface Tablet and Windows Phone 8 for Mobile Devices

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

941 replies

Bump windows phone. Bring windows devices into the fold
I support this too. Would find it very useful if I could control Sonos from my Windows 7 or 8 phone plus my Windows 8 RT tablet. As soon as this is supported I shall be buying the 2 x Play:3 and Bridge bundle
Userlevel 2
Badge
As my house in process of being built now, I have to make a decision on a music system. Was really hoping and planning to go with Sonos, but as they refuse to even acknowledge the need to support Win 8, I have to look elsewhere. This is a huge disappointment, but without a viable controller option I have no other choice.
No way to control my sonos for a few months now...getting slightly annoyed.
Dear Sonos Developers, Please consider that you need to build the App for Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 RT just once and compile the Apps just for the phone and windows 8 runtime. Thats a very efficient approach. We would love to see the Sonos contol App for Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 RT desperatly because Windows 8 rocks!
Badge +18
Thank you for your continued interest in and feedback regarding Windows 8 RT for the Surface tablet and Windows Phone 8 for mobile devices. Although Sonos does not formally pre-announce future products or features, please know that we are committed to continually enhancing our product capabilities to support major industry operating systems and platforms and delivering the best Sonos user experience possible.
Dear John M, This is no answer. This is a politician talking, no better no worse – but the fact remains, you’re not saying anything. Don’t you understand that the majority of the comments here, is from technological frontrunners. These people have major influence on many others, and will influence their decisions. If you don’t treat them properly, you will lose their support. They will find other solutions and recommend this to others. So if you value these ambassadors please consider giving a proper answer. The question is simple: Will you develop apps to support Windows RT/Windows Phone 8 or not??? By not answering, you are in fact answering.
Badge +18
User712009, I can appreciate your point of view and that you, like the other contributors to this topic, are excited and passionate about Sonos as well as Microsoft's newest offering, the Windows 8 platform. To your points, you're welcome to take any meaning you'd like from my previous statement. Please know that Sonos does not pre-announce products and that this topic is still marked as Under Consideration. Sonos is not ready to make any other statement at this time but please know we are still here and we are still listening. Thank you, John
I really don't know whats difficult about saying yes or no. Even at least X months away. That way existing users or potential users can make informed decisions. I was going to buy another zone but Im not sure I can be bothered now.
Windows Support is already available - the desktop controller? Anything else should happen on Android anyway.
Hi. Can't wait until the New UI and the Windows Phone 8 app is released. I really hope it will be sooner, than later. Missing a statement on the ETA as well...
my 3 Sonos speakers in my house and office need Windows phone8 and Windows RT support! Do more and the consumers will come. Listen to the masses they are speaking!
now, a new sonos version 4.0 are online, but no windows rt or windows phone 8 app. WHY????? So, please create a windows rt and windows phone 8 app!!!!!!!
Userlevel 2
This has been under consideration for so long now its a bit silly! Please let us know whats going on! THe uptake of Win 8 and Surface devices must indicate that there is a good amount business here. I no longer use my Sonos because I cant use it with xBox Music or my Surface RT! So I'm not likely to go and buy more, or recommend it. Its a shame as its a great product. Is it just you're all anti MS and pro Apple?
Badge
Please do a Windows 8 version of the SONOS controller, both for the PC and the Windows 8 phone. I think that is what this topic is for so have +1'd it.
How long can it take? I have my windows 8 phone but have had to keep my iPhone as a sonos controller! Ridiculous, i'ts just an app. Please sort this asap. Thanks.
I bought my Sonos a couple of months ago and I really like. The PC controller software works fine but an App for Windows 8/RT and Windows Phone 7/8 would make the Sonos user experience even better, a lot better! Sonos, please, please... 🙂
please create a windows rt and windows phone 8 app. i hate the pro apple. I find it worrying that is seen only on Apple. Microsoft has created excellent products. Why not collect with companies such as SONOS? Working only APPLE fans in Santa Barbara?
please create a windows rt and windows phone 8 app. i hate the pro apple. I find it worrying that is seen only on Apple. Microsoft has created excellent products. Why not collect with companies such as SONOS? Working only APPLE fans in Santa Barbara?
Seen only on Apple? Huh-wha? I don't know if you noticed, but there is also a Sonos Android app for phones and tablets, which even has some features the Apple apps do not (direct connect to Sonosnet, Widget/Announcements for the app).
yes, thats correct. but the android app released after 1 year later than the iphone app... and now, i'm waiting sooo long for the windows phone 7 app, or now the windows phone 8 and windows rt app
Userlevel 1
His English may not be very good but he makes a fair point.
Please add support for Windows RT and Windows 8 "metro". Thanks.
Userlevel 2
Come on, I have been waiting 2 years for a windows phone app, do we have to wait another 2 years for a windows 8 app?
Userlevel 2
Need Win Phone 8 control. I currently have to use my wifes/daughters iphones to control my own system. How depressing is that???
A Windows Phone 8 (WP8) app should be next in line, come on Sonos some 3rd party people have made apps already, how hard can an official app be? Please Sonon