Skip to main content

In the new 2024 Sonos App :

Where are the alarms settings? 

Where is the Last.fm service?

Where is the Android widget?

This is a real nightmare. I hope Sonos will fix all that asap because what they did releasing this not finished app is scandalous.

I spent £2.3k yesterday ordering a new system to replace my Sonos set up as I don't trust them to sort this out in a timely manner or to not do it again in future. As I don't stream music I don't feel as if I'm a consideration. I take delivery on Monday and assuming it all works Sonos will be out of my house and my life. In future I'm going to be very vocal is steering people away from this brand, whereas previously I was advocating it.

Just wish I could send my bill to the CEO.

I’ve done exactly the same, took delivery of a new Blue sound system last week.

Came on here to say my brothers son got my old Sonos system (which I gifted him) he got it all working very smoothly using an app called SONOPAD.

Almost never I write a review but this one with an heavy heart must say, I owned maybe 25 Sonos products total and 4 amps and even though the old way wasn’t perfect it worked.

The new release is awful! Difficult to use, it disconnects constantly etc.  

1) what can we do about it ?
2) when is the app being fixed ?
3) can we go back to the old app? How ? 

The new Sonos app is missing the sound settings shortcut in the play screen. The play screen is the screen showing the music title, progress bar, play, skip forward/back, volume,….

The previous version had a link to change the settings of the used speaker systems. The button on the bottom allows to turn on off additional systems but there are no sound settings like EQ, balance. It would be great to include other sound settings as well like surround, height, sub.

There is speculation on Reddit that the move to have the app internet based will lead to  subscription-based access. My usage is primarily to listen to my music library. I will be very unhappy if I have to start paying Sonos to access speakers I have already paid for.

Hello,

this is once more the request to change the Home settings layout. Right now, the order is 

1. Name
  2. Products
  3. Sound
  4. Home Theater
  5. Voice
  6. Hardware

How often do you change the name or add/remove products? I guess almost never. How often do you change the sound settings? Me, quite often. Therefore, I suggest the following order (moving the sound settings to the top

1. Sound
  2. Name
  3. Products
  4. Home Theater
  5. Voice
  6. Hardware

I assume that this will help a lot of people and improve the UX experience.

My biggest frustration with the new app is selecting the room you want to control. I have a play 5 in my kitchen and an amp that controls speakers n my patio. The app will not let me switch from the play 5 to the amp. I select 5-6 times and it keeps going back to the kitchen. It is not useable. It has taken as many as ten times to make the rooms switch to the right room. It has them in alphabetical order and keeps going back to the first one. I have 4 rooms and only one is somewhat playable. Not sure where QA was on this design testing. 

You sure you are actually changing the default menu? Sounds like you are choosing the room but not changing the default. It’s at the top on a drop down menu.

This is where I was trying to change rooms. I had to change patio to back deck because that is the most often used. 

I see where you are saying to change it, but why would you have this feature if it doesn’t do what you ask it to do. Buggy. Your suggestion will work but this app is not better than the original.

After 3 weeks of disaster, Still no official apology from Sonos...

Is this a nice way to treat loyal customers?

Good video from PP about his issues with the app and some advice for Sonos which I’m not sure I agree with. 

Why oh why Sonos developers have you created such a * UI with this update… I cannot see half my speakers anymore, nor control the volume or maintain speakers over a complete song play list… it’s utter crap 

im tempted to ditch the whole * lot…. It’s useless 

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

The connection has been horrible since the update. Considering changing systems altogether. I would not recommend Sonos to anyone considering it

I confirm that Trueplay ON/OFF option is not available with Sonos S2 rev 80.01.07 / Android. Making it not possible to set up distance from surround speakers ( sort of balancing ), in case Trueplay is ON after a previous optimization ( I made it with iPhone 7 / iOS 15 ), unless you get an iPhone 8+ / iOS 16+. Please have Trueplay ON/OFF option + setting speaker distance available again on Sonos S2 Android.

This Sonos new app is terrible
it’s very unstable

difficult to navigate

Can we please downgrade to the previous version

which was far better

Please make sure the CEO reads all the complaints

for every complaint There will be a 1000 other unhappy customers who keep quiet

The new Sonos app is a true disaster. Was designed by someone who has no customer focus. Extremely difficult to navigate when you have multiple independent rooms. Many functionalities have disappeared. It constantly crashes, i.e. all rooms connected one day, no room connected in the evening and back the next morning. It is so bad that I’m considering dropping Sonos and go to other system

was a great system. An idiot has tried very hard and has successfully destroy it. 
get your act together and quick

Has anyone had recurring issues since the latest app update?  The poor performance is so pervasive (losing connections, * UI, timing out, inconsistent volume control, I could go on but i won't) I'm thinking of ditching my donos system for another wireless speaker system.  Any recommendations here, I've spent too much putting these speakers throughout my house to Chuck them.  But I've quit using the system I have merely because of the most recent app experience.

*Moderator Note: Modified in accordance with the Community Code of Conduct.*

What is the reason for making a perfectly working app now a useless one. I understand the attempt to satisfy customers’ queries and needs, but there has got to be a better way of doing that without completely changing an entire functional app to one that is utterly  impractical and useless! Very disappointed!!’ 

As a long time Sonos enthusiast, this update has been frustrating—namely (in our home) the controller. The master volume control is annoying. We look forward to group volume level returning when updated. 

We miss the functionality of adjusting each speaker individually—it’s still there but there’s an extra step, and once there why is the volume button soooo difficult to activate?? Delays when adjusting volume is frustrating.

I’m hopeful future updates will help or resolve these frustrations but adding this feedback as a form of venting. 

Update is the worst, unusable, unstable design possible. Unnecessarily complicated. You literally get punished for having more Sonos speakers by having to toggle more buttons. IDIOTIC. They better resolve this ASAP because this is the last ownership straw for those of us who invested a lot of money in this system. Absolute TRASH.

There is speculation on Reddit that the move to have the app internet based will lead to  subscription-based access. My usage is primarily to listen to my music library. I will be very unhappy if I have to start paying Sonos to access speakers I have already paid for.

I suspect this to come. You will have to pay a monthly fee for using an enhanced version, e.g. podcast services,  etc. Now I can't use myTuner anymore. Only the sonos stations are working. So I may have to pay in future for sonos stations, other radio services will be banned

WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THIS APP??

BIG LAG IN ALL CONTROLS  IE VOLUME, FORWARD/BACK 

PLAYING DIFFERENT MUSIC ON DIFFERENT SPEAKERS FORGET IT

OLD APP WAS SUPERIOR IN EVERY WAY!!!!

WHEN WILL YOU FIX?????

I suspect this to come. You will have to pay a monthly fee for using an enhanced version, e.g. podcast services,  etc. Now I can't use myTuner anymore. Only the sonos stations are working. So I may have to pay in future for sonos stations, other radio services will be banned

The speculation was that there would be a charge to access any part of your system - even to listen to your own music. After all, they have to do something to recover from this debacle.

The speculation was that there would be a charge to access any part of your system - even to listen to your own music. After all, they have to do something to recover from this debacle.

Oh this would be an interesting lawsuit, if Sonos would put a paywall before their already sold and paid Hardware to access them. 

but l don’t think, this will happen. The new app is rubbish, some sort of pre-alpha internal build, that some managers just put on public. But a move to a subscription to access your own hardware… oh boy, that would kill the company Instant. 

This “ updated” app is perversely bad! Sonos, please give us back the old S2 app! Why do you continue to ignore all of us who just want our music back? The condescension and refusal of Sonos to admit they f’ckt up is astonishing. How much longer will you continue to torture those of us who have been loyal customers for so long?

Why did Sonos do this to its user base? This build is clumsy, non-intuitive, and EXTREMELY difficult to use! Did some exec’s niece or nephew design this ? The UI is the worst thing I’ve seen in decades!

Trying to play different music on different speakers is nearly impossible. What the HELL did you do Sonos?