Answered

Sonos Arc Samsung Frame TV eARC not working

Userlevel 3

So I just set up the Sonos Arc soundbar that supports eARC. It works with my 2020 65" Frame TV until I change the eARC setting on the Frame TV to Auto. The sound mutes and I can't get it to play until I turn eARC off. Anyone else have this issue? I’ve messed around with this for a few hours to no avail. 

icon

Best answer by Ditte 22 January 2021, 17:53

View original

668 replies

Userlevel 1

Reading thought the comments, I have the same issue with the Sonos ARC and a Samsung Frame TV. SONOS you have had months to sortt this, You are still selling the ARC Sound bar knowing there is an incompatibility issue with Samsung Frame TV’s making the Arc not fit for purpose, you are breaking trading standards law knowingly selling a product you know is not working correctly . You give excuses blaming the issue on Samsung or ask people to try using the supplied HDMI-Optical adaptor supplied, knowing full well that other customers have told you this does not rectify the issue  (Please see above) but yet you think it acceptable to still ask customers to try. YOU ARE SELLING A FAULTY PRODUCT, Either fix it, or recall the ARC and issue customers with a refund .

Userlevel 1

I agree with this comment 

At this point, I would be willing to give up Atmos and eArc entirely if it would stop the sound from cutting out all the time.  It’s all so frustrating and such a waste.  At this rate, Samsung and/or Sonos are going to end up with a class action lawsuit against them soon.

I will be contacting trading standards and the press if this is not sorted. 

I am surprised there is no fix for this yet. I have the same problem on the Arc with the 65” Frame TV. Wish I saw this thread before I made the purchase. Crazy that I have to tune on/off the Dolby Atmos Compatibility to fix the issue every time. I am surprised that it worked without any issues for 2 weeks. Felt like updating to the latest Samsung software version 1403, it started this mess every time I turn it off and turn it on. 

Arc with Frame 65” 2020 still not working, sound skipping now and then when playing Atmos material. After almost 6 month’s of problems, 2 Samsung firmware updates and updates of the Sonos Arc as well, I’m not sure this ever will be solved. So disapointed. 

Userlevel 1

Ditte. I think Sonos customers are due an update on this, before Sonos ends up with a lawsuit for selling goods not fit for purpose . WHAT IS HAPPENING . SONOS ARE SELLING A PRODUCT THAT DOES NOT WORK AS DESCRIBED UNTIL THIS ISSUE IS FIXED

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’m in the UK. I have the Samsung QE75Q95TATXXU TV (not the FRAME though but thought my experience might be os some use. I posted this on the similar thread in relation to the same problems with Sonos Ark + Samsung Q90T Tv’s)) I’m using the TV with the Sonos Ark and  Sky Q streaming service. From the beginning with the Ark I have had sound problems. Lip sync was out when watching Sky (and couldn’t be adjusted the right way through the TV) or cutting out. I went through the loop of support phone calls to Sky, Samsung & Sonos, none of whom resolved the problems and blamed the others. I went down using the optical sound cable route which was fine but no Dolby Atmos of course. I’ve gone back to hdmi lead into the e-arc port on the TV. I’ve still had intermittent problems with no sound when I switch the TV on which i initially resolved by unplugging the Ark hdmi lead but that didn’t always work. I’ve now unplugged the TV and Ark from their electric sockets and having reconnected, it now seems to work albeit no trace of Dolby Atmos. I have just watched the Youtube video suggested by Krishna M Sonos staff and adjusted the sound settings on the Tv as suggested and Voila! I am getting Dolby Atmos DD+ on a Netflix programme with Dolby Atmos (Virgin River). I’m just hoping that this also resolves all the sound problems. I’ve been holding off buying the Sonos Sub, here’s hoping the sound issue is now resolved and there is a Black Friday deal for the Sub on offer.

Hello all - I would really appreciate advice from the community. I have the same config (Samsung Frame 65” + Sonos Arc, latest firmwares on both devices, based in US). Worked well for 2 months and immediately started showing the same symptoms - cuts off every 3 seconds, extremely annoying! Followed all troubleshooting methods (reset both devices, swapped cables, reset, checked for few firmware, etc.) and called Sonos and Samsung multiple times and did not get an ETA. Given this I returned my Samsung TV back (I really love Sonos Arc and want it to work). I’m lost as to what I should do: (i) buy an alternate TV that does have a working eARC; (ii) wait for couple of weeks for Samsung to fix this issue (losing trust as this issue existed from June). Really appreciate if anyone can advice

Question: Can this issue be solved with an Xbox, Play Station, or receiver? Like the Sonos is actually connected to a third-party device (with eARC) and the Samsung Frame (or other model with issues) is connected to that third-party device--so Sonos and Samsung are never directly interfacing/handshaking? Anyone done this? Or is this nonsensical? I don’t know a lot about AV stuff, so this might be an impossibility.

That might work, but you’d be stuck switching around HDMI cables manually when you switch between cable and Xbox, etc.  Also that wouldn’t let you use the built-in apps on the Samsung TV which require sound output. 

At this point, I would be willing to give up Atmos and eArc entirely if it would stop the sound from cutting out all the time.  It’s all so frustrating and such a waste.  At this rate, Samsung and/or Sonos are going to end up with a class action lawsuit against them soon.

Does turning off eARC on Frame fix this issue? as in, is there at least uninterrupted sound without any cut off

Badge

Does turning off eARC on Frame fix this issue? as in, is there at least uninterrupted sound without any cut off

Unfortunately no.  From my experience, even with eARC turned completely off, the sound cuts in and out when you first turn on the Frame TV, until you open the Expert settings in the Sound menu and toggle “eARC” and/or “Atmos Capability” on and off.  Then it seems to work fine until I turn off the TV again.  Good luck explaining that ridiculous process to your non-tech-savvy household members.

I would definitely avoid buying the Frame and/or ARC until this is fixed.  It’s just unbelievable that Sonos and Samsung have not fixed it yet.

Unfortunately no.  From my experience, even with eARC turned completely off, the sound cuts in and out when you first turn on the Frame TV, until you open the Expert settings in the Sound menu and toggle “eARC” and/or “Atmos Capability” on and off.  Then it seems to work fine until I turn off the TV again.  Good luck explaining that ridiculous process to your non-tech-savvy household members.

I would definitely avoid buying the Frame and/or ARC until this is fixed.  It’s just unbelievable that Sonos and Samsung have not fixed it yet.

Thank you very much for the feedback! I saw the same behavior too - by turning eARC off alone, the problem still continued. Just wanted to check if it was only me (may be I was missing something) or if I over-reacted by returning the TV. This is indeed unbelievable that Samsung and Sonos would not prioritize to get this fixed or give a clear ETA to get this resolved.

Badge +1

I really hope (like everybody else) that there will be a fix for this soon - it's beyond annoying.(FrameTV QE75LS03TAU/SW1403.1 and SONOS ARC/12.2.1.

SONOS DEV TEAM - . Are you still communicate with Samsung on this issue ? (a simple yes/no is better than total darkness)

I have the latest Sonos and Samsung software updates for my Arc and Q95T 55”. (1403.1 and 12.2.1) Things were working fine with no dropouts for about a week or so after doing the software upgrade. For the last week or so, my habits were turning on the Samsung TV (the Apple TV came on as well automatically because of eARC) and I started playing music using the Apple TV or watch shows with it. No problems at all. But last night I had the dreaded sound drop outs reappear when turning the TV on.

The only difference this time, I was using the Arc for streaming music through the Sonos app (not using the TV or Apple TV) then after a while of streaming music, I turned on the TV to watch a show on Netflix and this was when the cutting in and out problem started. I don't know if this just a coincidence or a reason why the sound cuts in and out. Stream music first, no TV on, then turn TV on, the sound cuts in and out. Turn TV on first, play music, no dropouts. 

Userlevel 2

I have a 2019 65” Frame and a Beam. Does this mean there is no point in upgrading to an Arc because I will just have problems?

Badge

I have a 2019 65” Frame and a Beam. Does this mean there is no point in upgrading to an Arc because I will just have problems?

Correct - do NOT buy the Arc, unless and until this is fixed.  You’ll be in for a headache.

Userlevel 2

Thanks. I will keep an eye on this thread. 

Just jumping into this thread to state that I’m experiencing the same problem with the sound cutting out on a 2020 65” Samsung The Frame (1403.1) with Sonos Arc (12.2.1).  

I’ve got two Arcs both hooked up to Samsung Frame 2020’s (75” in the TV room and 55” in the master bedroom) and am experiencing the same issues with dropouts after 24 hours of the device being turned on. It’s got to the point where my wife has decided to unhook the Arcs until this is fixed. I’m beyond annoyed that I could spend thousands of pounds for market leading devices and they not work together. Is there any rough ETA on a fix for this or do I send the Arcs back for a refund?

Same setup as most in this post. 

2020 Samsung Frame 75”(1403.1 and sub-micom 1005T)

Sonos Arc 5.1 setup (12.2.1)

I have learned that cycling e-ARC Mode and Atmos compatibility on the TV resolves the issues until the next power cycle, usually  12 hours or typically the next day. It takes a few minutes for the Arc to begin working, so be patient then turn on both Atmos and eARC mode on the TV. 

Sonos app confirms Dolby Atmos content playing through Samsung’s native Netflix app. 

When the sound is intermittent, I did notice the TV cycling through eARC and hdmi as others have noted. 

Will try to note time or event that triggers this behavior again. 

Let me know if this helps for anyone on this thread. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Yeah same issue here... F ing ridiculous.. 

Just got my new frame TV on the wall and immediately I got issues and found this thread. what the heck is happening here? 

And does anyone know if this issue is on Sonos side or Samsung side?

Just got my new frame TV on the wall and immediately I got issues and found this thread. what the heck is happening here? 

And does anyone know if this issue is on Sonos side or Samsung side?

This has been an ongoing problem which is impacting many models of Samsung TV and Sonos Arc .  From what I have read it appears that both Samsung and Sonos have been working on a fix , however I have not seen any recent updates from either .  

I got the excact same issue. I bought a new Samsung the Frame 65´and Sonos Arc last week. All worked fine for about 2 hours and then the sound problems started. I have tried all different settings and been trying to fix the issue for several hours without any luck. I called Samsung support and they didnt sound like they knew about this issue witch seemed odd to me. As a fix Samsung wants to send me a new cable between the one connect box and the tv. I tried telling that this will not help, but Samsung will send me a new cable anyways. 

If it does not work and Samsung cant answer with a date for a fix for this issue I will deliver the Tv back where I bougt it. 

I have the same issue with my Samsung Frame TV 2020 (75”) and Sonos Arc. The Sound get garbled every morning but once i unplug and put it back in, i will not have any issue all day. Can you please look into this urgently?

Same happened with me. Samsung Tech support wasn’t familiar with the issue and maintained that they were not aware of any ongoing issues with Frame. As a solve they wanted to send over a contracted Tech service person to diagnose it at home. When I insisted this is a known firmware issue and it likely cannot be served by the Tech person, that was the only option available. The Tech service wanted my TV to be unmounted ahead (they refused to help with it and will not help mounting it back). With all this, I just felt it was not worth the exercise - especially when they did not even look at their own forums to acknowledge this is a widely known issue. This and the fact that this issue was present from June without a fix or an ETA made me decide to return the TV (as much as I liked rest of it). I lost $400 between mounting, unmounting and remounting a new TV - what a waste! I wish I stumbled on this thread ahead of my TV purchase.

Samsung Tech support wasn’t familiar with the issue and maintained that they were not aware of any ongoing issues with Frame. As a solve they wanted to send over a contracted Tech service person to diagnose it at home

This is why we need someone from Sonos to confirm that they are working with Samsung and that Samsung is aware of the issue.